Has anyone been happy they got the drink package?

kscjojrj

VERY well worth it for us on our last NCL cruise - I kept all the receipts, added everything up when I got home and discovered that we made out a whopping $501.94 ahead. Granted, we were on the ship about 95% of the time because we'd already been to most of the ports - the ship was really our destination on that trip, having booked a suite and just wanting to enjoy some R&R.

We booked the ALLIN package on our upcoming NY/Canada cruise - it seemed like a good deal and love the convenience of having both the UBP and UDP. We may not make up the UBP this time because we've never been to any of the ports so we'll be off the ship a lot, but again, the convenience of it is worth it for us.

We booked the ALLIN as well for this March. 2/3 ports we've been to before but we are doing excursions at all 3 due to the credit. I am really excited about not paying for drinks, dinners, excursions, and gratuities!! :)

For the first time, we'd have been better off with the drink package. That is only because we drank a lot of $8-10 drinks this time. Usually our drink ratio is about 60% beer, so our bar bills have been cheaper. This time we were about 60% EXPENSIVE cocktails (blame the craft drinks at the mojito bar), so we would've broken even and probably would've enjoyed a few more daytime cocktails. We also only had three port days, which meant more drinks onboard.

ETA: We felt compelled to drink because the drinks were so good and we were having so much fun! :-)

The beverage package wasn't offered the last two times we sailed NCL and we drank a lot of buckets of beer because they were the best bang for our buck. This time we will have the UBP and look forward to the flexibility to order more expensive drinks without worrying about the bill. We have always spent much more on our bar tab than the cost of the UBP so it is definitely worth it for us.

We booked the ALLIN as well for this March. 2/3 ports we've been to before but we are doing excursions at all 3 due to the credit. I am really excited about not paying for drinks, dinners, excursions, and gratuities!! :)

Amen to that! That ALLIN promo was a no-brainer for us, considering everything it includes. We are SO glad we took advantage of it during what was (I think?) only about a 2-month booking window. I am anxious to hear from those first people who are cruising next month on the ALLIN promo, how NCL works it. Hopefully it's not a pain in the *** to "prove" you've got all the goodies they promised.

Another comment I see time and again is that it is a convenience not being hit with a big surprising bill at the end. Doesn't anyone look at their account during the cruise to see what was spent and to look for possible erroneous charges? Nowadays, you can do it with the TV in your cabin at any time.:confused:

If not the TV... I visit guest services halfway through the cruise to request a printout.... ouch... everything adds up.

I have a related question....how does tipping work with the UBP? We have it as a promo on our next cruise

If it's still the same as it was on our 12/2012 Pearl cruise, they add an "auto-gratuity" to the check. If you would like to add more, you write it in. Anything above and beyond the auto gratuity will be added to your shipboard account and won't be part of the UBP.

Edited by azgkrudi