triumph instead of magic gets longer itinerary

gay head

I just read that beginning in January the Triumph is getting the new itinerary out of Galveston and the poor Magic is being used for short cruises to Cozamel and Progresso.The Magic is a much newer and better ship than the refitted Triumph.I live in Houston and we have been on the Magic several times and loved it.A lot of the people on it were people from Mexico who came to Galveston to cruise because it was the closest port.I doubt they want to cruise back to Mexico.

That will be great! Being from Maryland, I have not cruised to Progreso, and I loved Cozumel, so I would love to try the Magic one day!

But this isn't full time. This is just for the periods of time that the Triumph is doing the 10, 11 and 12 day cruises. I am almost booked on the Magic's March 29th cruise to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel.

Are we both talking about 2015? :confused:

The Carnival Triumph has a lower capacity than the Carnival Magic. Carnival doesn't have the market captured that can take longer cruises. If they have too much capacity allotted to the longer sailings, revenue may not exceed their expected return on investment or even reach their break even point. On Transatlantic cruises, they typically try to at least break even on fuel from the cruise fare. With the recent addition of a few longer cruises on the Carnival Dream, Sunshine and Miracle, we will see how it plays out.

Edited by Baymax

I just read that beginning in January the Triumph is getting the new itinerary out of Galveston and the poor Magic is being used for short cruises to Cozamel and Progresso.The Magic is a much newer and better ship than the refitted Triumph.I live in Houston and we have been on the Magic several times and loved it.A lot of the people on it were people from Mexico who came to Galveston to cruise because it was the closest port.I doubt they want to cruise back to Mexico.

Someone mentioned the Vista will replace Magic in Galveston once she comes to the USA in another thread about the Vista... Perhaps this leads to that possibly being true... I know it's still well over 15-16 months or more before the Vista arrives but....

Someone mentioned the Vista will replace Magic in Galveston once she comes to the USA in another thread about the Vista... Perhaps this leads to that possibly being true... I know it's still well over 15-16 months or more before the Vista arrives but....

Just a rumor at this point, but Galveston is certainly one of the potential home ports for the Vista. If that happens, safe to say the Magic will leave. She has been in Galveston a good while now, so she may move regardless of the Vista news which should come next month.

Just a rumor at this point, but Galveston is certainly one of the potential home ports for the Vista. If that happens, safe to say the Magic will leave. She has been in Galveston a good while now, so she may move regardless of the Vista news which should come next month.

From what I understand the news on Vista may break 1/22. If so I will be on a cruise. I don't do Internet, etc while on a cruise, it's one of the reasons I enjoy cruising so much, the phone hits the safe immediately and doesn't come out until we wake up debarkation morning. Anyways, do you think they will have anything on the Liberty cruise about Vista if it does break that day? I know some people may do internet and find out but will carnival leaders on the ship announce to?

From what I understand the news on Vista may break 1/22. If so I will be on a cruise. I don't do Internet, etc while on a cruise, it's one of the reasons I enjoy cruising so much, the phone hits the safe immediately and doesn't come out until we wake up debarkation morning. Anyways, do you think they will have anything on the Liberty cruise about Vista if it does break that day? I know some people may do internet and find out but will carnival leaders on the ship announce to?

No, but the Future Cruise Sales person would find out the information for you, even if they aren't accepting reservations.

Edited by Baymax

I wouldn't like that. Leave Magic in Galveston and move Triumph somewhere else. Freedom could do 4-5 day cruises and Magic and Vista do 7 day cruises.

That will be great! Being from Maryland, I have not cruised to Progreso, and I loved Cozumel, so I would love to try the Magic one day!

But this isn't full time. This is just for the periods of time that the Triumph is doing the 10, 11 and 12 day cruises. I am almost booked on the Magic's March 29th cruise to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel.

Are we both talking about 2015? :confused:

Trust me, you aren't missing anything.

I wouldn't like that. Leave Magic in Galveston and move Triumph somewhere else. Freedom could do 4-5 day cruises and Magic and Vista do 7 day cruises.

I agree with this.

Although I'd like to keep the Freedom to myself until after our November 2015 cruise.

But if Vista came to Galveston I would definitely book it.

I think the Freedom, Magic and Vista in Galveston would be wonderful and I'd be tempted to cruise more often and save more, hehe.

For dipping their toes into the longer cruise market! Triumph will do a longer cruise to San Juan...and a longer cruise back to Galveston...Then a 12 day cruise RT from Galveston down to the Panama Canal.

Matters not which vessel it is their testing the waters is a great opportunity to tak e alonger cruise. After these are completed and the other longer cruises are completed, let's hope Carnival considers them a success and adds more and more in the years to come.

If the fog is so thick that it is below the landing minimums for aircraft, they'll cancel or delay flights. Generally, if the visibility stays above 1/4 mile, there usually aren't any issues. Problems begin to arise when visibility drops below 1/4 mile.

Edited by stobe1