Last minute CANCELLATION

Etchdreams

Need some information. We will be leaving to go on a cruise on Dec. 13, and a couple going with us has a problem. They have placed her sister in the hospital, and she may not make it.( No they did not get insurance, first time out of 8 cruises that they did not) I know that a refund is out of the question, but has any one had any luck getting the payment transferred or held for another cruise.

Thanks.

Need some information. We will be leaving to go on a cruise on Dec. 13, and a couple going with us has a problem. They have placed her sister in the hospital, and she may not make it.( No they did not get insurance, first time out of 8 cruises that they did not) I know that a refund is out of the question, but has any one had any luck getting the payment transferred or held for another cruise.

Thanks.

Call Carnival now and be honest with them. I know someone that did move a cruise because of a family death with no issues. They did have another cruise known to switch to but I think they would have held the money for a future cruise.

BTW, sorry to hear about the family problem and good luck to them with their family

Edited by snc_cam

Call Carnival now and be honest with them. I know someone that did move a cruise because of a family death with no issues. They did have another cruise known to switch to but I think they would have held the money for a future cruise.

BTW, sorry to hear about the family problem and good luck to them with their family

Will be on the Liberty on the 13, Thanks for your input,

Call Carnival. If you don't like the answer hang up and call again. :)

Sorry for their need to cancel. But, so sadly, I agree with cruiser fanatic.....answers differ amongst the customer service reps at CCL.....and "escalate" to a supervisor if necessary...they may get some help from a supervisor with empathy. We have had some wonderfully kind, helpful service from supervisors when we've needed to escalate.