Seuss at Sea brunch

AtSeaWithChris

What characters are present? Is this similar to a Disney World character meal?

We will have 3 sea days on our Conquest sailing, which is in the middle of Sept right after schools starts. I doubt there will be a ton of kids 9/13 - 9/21. But for $5, maybe fiance and I will do it. I LOVEEE Thing 1 and Thing 2

the ham turned green from sitting under the greeen eggs

I did not like the "red" parfait as it was strawberry and yogurt way too sweet

but the other one-- included i guess oatmeal and some chopped up real fruit was very good

Yikes. I wonder if that's why the eggs seemed a little too runny? (They put too much coloring in them).

LOL LOL LOL I swear when you started the next sentence with "I did not like the "red".... I swear I thought it would end with "I did not like them Sam I am". Oops my bad. :p

What characters are present? Is this similar to a Disney World character meal?

We will have 3 sea days on our Conquest sailing, which is in the middle of Sept right after schools starts. I doubt there will be a ton of kids 9/13 - 9/21. But for $5, maybe fiance and I will do it. I LOVEEE Thing 1 and Thing 2

Errr, did you read the thread? It stated that they do come out. Some stated they come out to take pictures somewhere others stated they come to the table. :confused:

I love Thing 1 and Thing 2 too! I really hope we get pictures with them. :D

Lol I clearly have missed it. Sudafed and Mucinex haze over here... sorry about that ;)

LOL totally understandable. Hope you are keeping warm since we were hit with freezing cold temps and snow last night (at least here in Columbus). I'm so ready for winter to be over with. :mad: Time to cruise!

Wait, so no, I didn't miss it. It wasn't stated what characters come it. Ha, Sudafed is NOT to blame this time

Ohhh, you said WHAT characters. LOL Can I blame sudafed? Nah, I guess I can't since I'm not really taking any at the moment. High on caffeine and fingers and brain working too quickly...yea, that's it.

These are the ones that I have seen various pictures around the web:

II1211RFS292.jpg

I don't know if every ship has all of them, but I do know that I see of course Cat in the Hat and Thing 1 and Thing 2 in almost all of the pictures posted so I would say you are pretty safe with those. :)

Can anyone confirm these are the characters at the breakfast?

the ham turned green from sitting under the greeen eggs

I did not like the "red" parfait as it was strawberry and yogurt way too sweet

but the other one-- included i guess oatmeal and some chopped up real fruit was very good

LOL. The red parfait was my favourite thing on the Seuss brunch.

Interesting about the "which ships is this on?" because Miracle is slated for upgrades in a month and Seuss at Sea is listed as one of them. However, on the Carnival site, Miracle is not listed as a "coming soon" ship. I sure hope it does get added as I know my 4-year-old is going to love it!

Ok figured this picture thing out with the help of my teckie dh. We knew we were going to this breakfast so we both had Dr. Seuss garb. Here he is with his namesake. My shirt had Sam I am on it. We had so much fun being dressed up. The pics of the menu's didn't turn out that great but at least you get the idea. You won't be sorry if you decide to go. Like others have said, sign up early.

1548571562_CatinHat.jpg.7185b7bb22640ffa17b8933e99e13311.jpg

DSCN3193.jpg.e85b723118d1c54a5e6527d8a7a805dc.jpg

DSCN3194.jpg.9c246793a6501a21a84922497a701e06.jpg

Ok figured this picture thing out with the help of my teckie dh. We knew we were going to this breakfast so we both had Dr. Seuss garb. Here he is with his namesake. My shirt had Sam I am on it. We had so much fun being dressed up. The pics of the menu's didn't turn out that great but at least you get the idea. You won't be sorry if you decide to go. Like others have said, sign up early.

Thanks for attaching the pictures (although you attached as a thumbnail, which means they are too small to read :p). In order to attach a picture, you have to host it online somewhere (like photobucket or any of the various places that you can do for free). You have to download the picture to that host, grab the url and hit the picture button here on the forum and past in the url for the picture to show up. :)

I just wanted to know....where did you get the "Sam I am" shirt? I have GOT to get one of these for my husband for this (his name is Sam) and it would just crack me up! :D

Do go and enjoy. Don't worry about hiding in a corner. There will be plenty of other big kids there as well. You can go back to being an adult when you get home. Also, DO go to the reading of The Cat in the Hat. It follows the parade. They get people from the audience to play the characters. It was hilarious.

We did the brunch on the Breeze last October and I really did not think it was worth it. The food was pretty much the same as the seaday brunch, just doctored up with food coloring and sprinkles. The parfait looked good but tasted awful. The waffles were gross and tasted like cardboard. The characters came around to each table and we could take pics with our own cameras and the staff accompanying each character stamped the menu/coloring page each child got. The wait staff was lackluster and seemed bored. It was fun, but not something I would willingly pay for again. They had photo ops around the ship with different Dr Seuss backdrops and props. I thought the Dreamworks breakfast on the Allure of the Seas was much better (and free at the time), but even that I would not willingly pay for.

Do go and enjoy. Don't worry about hiding in a corner.

There will be plenty of other big kids there as well. You can go back to being an adult when you get home.

Also, DO go to the reading of The Cat in the Hat. It follows the parade.

They get people from the audience to play the characters. It was hilarious.

My wife reared her now-grown kids on this Dr.Seuss stuff

so she is dying to see and do this! :D

She's only 69 now, but still young enough to want to see, enjoy and participate in this

when we board Liberty in a few weeks time.

Edited by Aplmac

My wife reared her now-grown kids on this Dr.Seuss stuff

so she is dying to see and do this! :D

She's only 69 now, but still young enough to want to see, enjoy and participate in this

when we board Liberty in a few weeks time.

Your wife is in good company, I was only 72 when I did this in Dec. I had a great time.

IMG_0885_zps76365a01.jpg

IMG_0869_zps3e239f31.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

As Serene56 mentioned, the staff will bring you items from the regular menu. They were very accommodating. :)

Not sure if they change the format based on the volume of people but I read a previous comment saying that the characters did not come to their table. Each character did visit each table but our breakfast was not crowded. Also, on our sailing, the sign up table was by the pool. This was the first thing I did when I got on.