Small cabanas @GSC

ace19cihl

I was able to reserve a small cabana for $25 a person ... What's the real cost of the cabana ????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The real cost of the cabana is $25 per person. What you spend (if anything) on extras is TOTALLY up to you and varies from one person to the next.

I was able to reserve a small cabana for $25 a person ... What's the real cost of the cabana ????

I think you should double check calling NCL, you might had been able to book the additional guest that is $25 pp, the real cost of the cabana is $200 for the cabana for up to 6 people, the $25 is for additional guest after the $200.

I think you should double check calling NCL, you might had been able to book the additional guest that is $25 pp, the real cost of the cabana is $200 for the cabana for up to 6 people, the $25 is for additional guest after the $200.

Actually the cost of the cabana varies by ship and sailing, so one would have to check the MyNCL page on their website to find out what the going price is for their sailing.

I paid $349 for a small cabana (up to 6 people) plus an additional $25 for the 7th person. If you were only charged $25 I suggest you call NCL otherwise you may be disappointed when you don't actually have a cabana.

I'm surprised that the system lets you book the extra person without having a cabana booked in the first place.

I paid $349 for a small cabana (up to 6 people) plus an additional $25 for the 7th person. If you were only charged $25 I suggest you call NCL otherwise you may be disappointed when you don't actually have a cabana.

I totally agree with the advice that the OP call NCL and get clear on this. The cabana itself must be booked (for up to six), and then an additional person can be added for $25 pp, but not just random people on the cruise. The person who booked the cabana controls who else can use it.

And yes, the cabana price seems to vary by sailing. It's $299 on our Gem cruise next May.

Yes it was for an extra person.. But yes very weird I was able to book it even though I didn't have a reservation for a cabana ... So back to the drawing board ...thanks for the feedback everyone .

Yes it was for an extra person.. But yes very weird I was able to book it even though I didn't have a reservation for a cabana ... So back to the drawing board ...thanks for the feedback everyone .

Wow, that's not good. You'd think NCL's web site would not even allow such a booking.

Now I feel like I have to call NCL and make sure that no "stranger" can add herself as the 7th person to our cabana! :eek:

• 1 month later...

I just called NCL and was told $349. Seems kind of expensive

"sparks1093" is correct in their earlier comment: the cabana cost varies according to ship. (It doesn't seem to then vary among the different sailings by each ship).

Law of supply and demand: larger ship = more passengers = higher demand for the limited number of cabanas (13 small and 10 large). Therefore the cost is higher for passengers from the larger ships, and is lower for passengers from the "smaller" ships.

The costs for a small cabana and a large cabana at GSC are:

Sky: $249 / $299

Gem and Pearl: $299 / $349

Breakaway and Getaway: $349 / $399

Escape: not yet listed on the NCL website; I can only imagine they'll charge an actual arm and leg!

I was just on the Sky in late December and rented a small cabana at GSC for $249. My wife and I shared it with another couple. Still relatively expensive, but I loved being able to use it rather than sitting out in the sun all the time. Lots of beach chairs available, but very few shady spots, and the clamshell covers (for rental) didn't look comfortable.