Choosing Between Ships

gtojr

We are fairly experienced cruisers and have been given the chance of a free cruise to Alaska from my company. I have checked the allowed ships and have narrowed it down from about 15 choices to one RCCL ship and one of two Princess Ships. The itineraries are roughly the same with one exception: RCCL stops at Icy Straight Point while Princess cruises through Glacier Bay National Park. We have never cruised Princess but have cruised RCCL a couple of times. Can anyone give me an idea of comparison between the two lines in general? Also, can anyone tell me if Princess actuals docks in the National Park or just cruises through? Thanks for anything to help me make a decision!

It is a cruising day with unbelievable scenery! You stay on the ship and the ship stops at Marjorie Glacier and stays there for a bit and then turns around and cruises back out.

I would strongly recommend going to Glacier Bay, especially for your first trip to Alaska. It is amazing.

We took the Golden Princess and the highlight was visiting three glaciers in Glacier Bay. There is no dock but the Captains turns the ship completely around so all get a view.

We spent the full time walking the Promenade Deck taking pictures and drinking hot chocolate. :)

I strongly recommend Glacier Bay, I cannot imagine missing this. Princess and

Holland America control most of those permits. Both have great Alaska programs but IMO Princess does the best job. I heartily recommend the Coral Princess, we are sailing her in May for the third time.