Diamond plus changes on Oasis

I'm sitting in FLL waiting for flight home. Just got off Oasis and we are D+. The diamond lounge was on deck 11 in the old CL. The deck 4 diamond lounge was not being used. We could not use the new suite lounge either.

The waiters said the old CL is working out OK right now as the DL but said they don't know what will happen in the upcoming months when there will be 600+ D's & D+'s.

I'm sitting in FLL waiting for flight home. Just got off Oasis and we are D+. The diamond lounge was on deck 11 in the old CL. The deck 4 diamond lounge was not being used. We could not use the new suite lounge either.

The waiters said the old CL is working out OK right now as the DL but said they don't know what will happen in the upcoming months when there will be 600+ D's & D+'s.

My guess would be that the old CL stays as the DL and then have an overflow lounge in Blaze like they have done in the past.

My guess would be that the old CL stays as the DL and then have an overflow lounge in Blaze like they have done in the past.

Agreed. That makes the most sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Do you mean that the suite lounge was in use for others, and you did not have access; or the suite lounge was not being used at all.

We could not access the suite lounge with only being D+. I do miss the cooked to order breakfast & lunches.

The crew members said they're not sure what's going with the Wonderland project but the touch pad screens all have the CL listed as Wonderland. Someone wrote earlier that the CL looked like a garage sale of mis- matched furniture. That was a very accurate description.

There will be a D lounge for D and D+, and a concierge lounge for suites and pinnacles.

This is probably nitpicking, but there is a "Suite Lounge" for suite and Pinnacle guests. Whether there will be a CL where D+ can also go is yet to be determined, as the previous CL has been repurposed as the DL and the DL on deck 4 is back to being part of the dining room. How it may change in the future is only speculation.

CL is still there but not sure for how long as it is being converted to wonderland. DL is on deck 4 and no only suite and pinnacle allowed in suite lounge and coastal kitchen. We were on oasis last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Good to know and sad at the same time.

My guess is that one result of all of this will be fewer bookings from D+ on Oasis. I was willing to pay a premium for the benefit of a great CL with hot meals (and drinks) for breakfast and lunch and a wonderful view of the boardwalk and Aqua Theatre. Once we sail on Oasis in October and see CATS, that will probably be it for us on this ship.

We are of the same mind. May start looking at other Lines.

It's an old argument, but D+ will have spent thousands and thousands of dollars with RCCL and filled cabins that would otherwise go empty. By alienating their most loyal cruisers in catering to suite guests, RCCL execs may be making a big, big mistake.

We had a reason at one time to be loyal but RCCL do not seem to have the same for us. Tables will change down the road.

May start looking at other Lines.

I highly recommend looking at other lines. We sampled Celebrity, Norwegian, and Carnival's current product (I've sailed with with them many times in the past) and weren't wild about Celebrity or Carnival but really enjoyed Norwegian. Now, we have 2 cruise lines with different products that we like to sail moving forward! I'm very glad we branched out and tried some different things.

My guess is that one result of all of this will be fewer bookings from D+ on Oasis. I was willing to pay a premium for the benefit of a great CL with hot meals (and drinks) for breakfast and lunch and a wonderful view of the boardwalk and Aqua Theatre. Once we sail on Oasis in October and see CATS, that will probably be it for us on this ship.

Agreed the change is coming, guess too many D+, so D+ is being lumped in with D, and Pinnacle is getting the benes. with suite guests!:eek:

Never liked the big shopping mall ships, now even less!:mad:

Edited by American Bear

......those suite people are usually paying 500% more than your typical inside cabin dweller with "royal" status.......whose backside do you think a for profit company will kiss?.......:cool:

Well it seems RCL is trying to secretly set up a private area like NCL has with 'Haven', and MSC has with the 'Yacht Club' for their big spenders!:eek:

They're just not telling the D+ members they're benes. have been 'demoted' so they won't get mad!:mad:

Hang on Pinnacle, you time to get screwed is coming!:eek:

I highly recommend looking at other lines. We sampled Celebrity, Norwegian, and Carnival's current product (I've sailed with with them many times in the past) and weren't wild about Celebrity or Carnival but really enjoyed Norwegian. Now, we have 2 cruise lines with different products that we like to sail moving forward! I'm very glad we branched out and tried some different things.

Agreed, we tried the MSC Divina in Miami last summer for a 2 week, B2B, east/west Caribbean cruise, and it was very good!

MSC loyalty club also gives 20% future cruises once you reach 100 cruise days/points! They also add extra points for every $200. on board spending including gratuities/excursions/drinks etc.!

(RCL D+ )(Carn Plat.)(NCL Plat)(MSC Gold)

Well it seems RCL is trying to secretly set up a private area like NCL has with 'Haven', and MSC has with the 'Yacht Club' for their big spenders!:eek:

They're just not telling the D+ members they're benes. have been 'demoted' so they won't get mad!:mad:

Hang on Pinnacle, you time to get screwed is coming!:eek:

This is extremely disappointing. For some of us who have cruised to reach Diamond Plus (cruising B2B2B) for that extra perk of the Concierge Lounge on Oasis class ships with the Hot Breakfast and Lunch, plus that fabulous view, this seems wrong to me IMHO. If ones knows they'll never reach Pinnacle (and that's us for sure)---what's the motive to cruise solely with RCL? As a perk of reaching Diamond Plus loyalty it states, in their own literature:

Concierge Lounge Access15 all-benefits-anchor.pngall-benefits-anchor.png

I guess, the times they are a changing.

We could not access the suite lounge with only being D+. I do miss the cooked to order breakfast & lunches.

The crew members said they're not sure what's going with the Wonderland project but the touch pad screens all have the CL listed as Wonderland. Someone wrote earlier that the CL looked like a garage sale of mis- matched furniture. That was a very accurate description.

Thanks, I agree, I would miss the cooked to order breakfast and lunches too.

According to RCL's web page, these are the extra benefits for being Diamond Plus:

Behind the Scenes Tours8

Personalized Gift/Amenity9

Concierge Lounge Access15

Priority seating at theater, ice show and AquaTheater events10 ********

Choice of additional gifts ordered pre-cruise on www.RoyalCaribbean.com

Preferred location and table size seating request in the main dining room9

Exclusive access to Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Club call center staff members9

Royal Caribbean Logo Identification Luggage Tags

****** I understand this has been eliminated--not sure about that.

There will be a D lounge for D and D+, and a concierge lounge for suites and pinnacles. My dreams of breakfast and lunch in the concierge lounge, since we just reached D+, are no more!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So D & D+ in the same lounge on Oasis...isn't this a downgrade for the D+'s :eek: :confused:

So D & D+ in the same lounge on Oasis...isn't this a downgrade for the D+'s :eek: :confused:

It would seem so. To be honest, I am pretty disappointed. Particularly on this class of ship, I was looking forward to the D+ benefits of utilizing the concierge lounge for breakfast or lunch. And it was a nice venue. On voyager/ freedom class, the diamond lounge is actually preferable to the concierge lounges, as they are larger and better views. I'm not so sure that reaching this milestone gives me much of anything more than I had before as diamond, except maybe a different gift choice.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I never even saw the Windjammer on the Oasis or Allure. Between the Park Cafe and the CL, there was no need.

The only way I'm going on those two ships again is a rock bottom price on a oceanview balcony. Since I travel at peak times, this probably won't happen until I retire in 7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have to say a big yes. When we were diamond We appreciated the diamond perks but wanted to cruise our way to diamond plus. And now we are no better than diamond. Sorry but this is an insult.

Edited by maggieq

I have to say a big yes. When we were diamond We appreciated the diamond perks but wanted to cruise our way to diamond plus. And now we are no better than diamond. Sorry but this is an insult.

I totally agree! We have been loyal to Royal and booked B2B cruises on both the Oasis and the Allure prior to the announcement about DD. We were super excited about DD because we do MTD and we would have loved more free choices, along with our specialty restaurants. We love the Chef's Table--amazing food and a good education about wine pairing. Now, no DD, no Chef's Table and no Concierge Lounge. We've paid for the Oasis so we are committed (Feb. 21 and Feb. 28). I'll report back on the changes.

IMHO RCL is making a HUGE mistake taking away the CL on their Oasis Class ships. They have a extremely large group of Diamond Plus cruisers who will NOT be happy.

It would certainly be nice if RCL would come out and say what their plans are for the Oasis and Allure. That would end all this conversation -- facts are always better than rumors.

If you cruise solely for loyalty rewards you are sure to be disappointed as these rewards frequently change. Some benefits are increased, some are decreased, but change is fairly constant.

That is why we are not brand loyal to any brand. We pay for a suite to have access to the perks we want when we want them. Instead of chasing a certain point level consider cruising the way you want to now. That way the points level does not really matter too much.

For people who cruise one line exclusively you are missing out on so many wonderful differences on other lines and ships. Familiarity is nice, but variety is the spice of life.

Best-

Steve