Eclipse - Fabulous caribbean cruise

mickey89

We have just returned from 14 nights aboard the Eclipse, wish we were there now! Boarding was surprisingly stress-free after terrible long delays at Miami airport on arrival as Custom officials were working-too-rule. Many people ignored Celebrity's request to stagger arrival and just had to wait, boarding was very easy at 1200 when we arrived.

Our cabin and dining room staff were exemplary, always prepared to go the extra mile. The ship as always was immaculate and the facilities met our expectation most of the time. Food was of a high standard but some of the passengers hygiene standards are still a major cause for concern so we avoided the self service cafe and really enjoyed the main dining room, bistro and speciality restaurants.

Celebrity still remain our number ONE choice, but the only change we would like is for Celebrity to make the Oceanview Café a counter service (No un-gloved hands), then it will enter the premier league of cruise-lines as far as we are concerned.

The itinerary was fabulous, some of the best islands in the Caribbean and wish we were there today, but I still don't understand why the ship needs to depart some of the islands so early. An example is, we left St. Lucia at 5pm and within 2 hours we could see the lights of the next stop Barbados as we ate dinner, the ship was travelling at a snail's pace - the extra port charges would be negligible but the passengers would benefit enormously.

Those planning the Eclipse Caribbean cruise in the coming months will have a fabulous time I am sure.

That's why we're repeating the cruise we took last Jan.25. A fantastic trip.

I love overnight stays. It gives you a chance to dine in a port. I enjoy Azamara's overnight stays. Last summer, I was on the Journey that stayed overnight in Bordeaux. Actually, it was 3 days and 2 nights in Bordeaux. I would enjoy more overnight stays or very late departures.