How to find ship departure cruise terminal in Miami

ViNesvarbu

I am on Carnival Splendor Dec 21st from Miami. I have question regarding embarkation.

I am planning to arrive to Miami Cruise terminal around 10:30am (I do not have faster to fun). How to find out what terminal Splendor will be using? I am planning to park my car and take my luggage to terminal, but somehow I need to know which parking garage to use that is closest to my ships terminal.

My boarding pass has no info about terminal.

TIA!

I am on Carnival Splendor Dec 21st from Miami. I have question regarding embarkation.

I am planning to arrive to Miami Cruise terminal around 10:30am (I do not have faster to fun). How to find out what terminal Splendor will be using? I am planning to park my car and take my luggage to terminal, but somehow I need to know which parking garage to use that is closest to my ships terminal.

TIA!

Look for the ship??

They have signs that show which berth the ship is at. Your boarding pass won't say which one because they won't know until they actually pull in that morning. Don't worry, it's easy to figure out once you're there. We've done it before.

There are large flashing signs as you approach that will direct you to the correct Terminals and Garages. They are easy to see.

TIA!

We are on the same cruise!!

Coming down I-95 look for the sign to Port Miami via tunnel. It is fantastic and brings you right out by the terminals. It bypasses downtown Miami so you won't have to mess with any of that awful traffic and lights. One the way back take the tunnel out of the port and you will be right back on I-95.

It will be very easy to find the ship.

They are always on the side with several ships (Not Terminal J) but on the side with terminals A, B, C, D, etc.

Here is a photo

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/cruise-guide.asp

No matter how you enter the port you will see the ships because the Carnival ones are easily spotted with their red, white and blue funnels sticking up in the air.

Very easy.

Keith

Thank you very much everyone for help!

There will be 2 Carnival ships at that time in Miami port, so I am not sure I'll be able to easily identify them just by looking at them from far away.

Would you recommend to go all family to parking garage first and then take your luggage to terminal, or should I first drop family members by terminal and then park my car? I believe this is very high season for cruises and I am afraid that I might have problem finding parking spot for my car. I hope that 10:30 or 11am is not too late to find parking.

Again, thank you very much for your help!

There will be 2 Carnival ships at that time in Miami port, so I am not sure I'll be able to easily identify them just by looking at them from far away.

Would you recommend to go all family to parking garage first and then take your luggage to terminal, or should I first drop family members by terminal and then park my car? I believe this is very high season for cruises and I am afraid that I might have problem finding parking spot for my car. I hope that 10:30 or 11am is not too late to find parking.

Either way is fine and just realize as soon as you get close to the ship you will see the name of it on its side. It really will be easy. Often the two ships are right together so one is in front of the other.

What date is your cruise? I ask so I can see what ships are in port that day.

10:30 AM to 11:00 AM would be fine. Aim for 10:30 AM if you can.

You could drop family off and then go park. There is plenty of parking.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

We just parked the car with everyone in it as it's faster that way with all the other vehicles right in front of the doors to the terminal. The parking garages are across the street from the terminals and very clearly marked. Don't stress. If it makes you feel better, go to the Port of Miami online and print out a map. But you really won't need it. Believe me, there's no way you're going to get there and not know where the ship is!

I am on the ship this Saturday, Dec 21st. There are 6 ships in total in the Miami port that day, so I believe it is going to be busy. This is my first departure from Miami.

Thanks for the tip about tunnel! I never knew this existed!

We are boarding on 12/21 as well. Different ship.

If you arrive by 10:30 you will be fine. Lots of people who parked will have vacated spaces.

And no worries about finding the ship. It will be very easy.

Have a great time.

Keith

the tunnel is new ... hence the recommendation to not rely on GPS or map programs unless they have been very recently updated.

tunnel info at:

The tunnel route in blue

How%20to%20Use%20the%20Tunnel.JPG

previously you had to get to theport via the bridge on 6th street, driving thru a bit of the city. Now the tunnel entr' is on east bound 395 .. actually where you see Watson Island on the map .. and very well marked from I-95

Edited by Capt_BJ

oops

did not put in the link to tunnel info

http://www.portofmiamitunnel.com/employment/

is says 'employment' but it is general info . . . like this:

What you need to know before entering the tunnel:

• The Speed limit is 35 mph

• Cruisers LEFT LANE, Truckers RIGHT LANE

• Pedestrians and Bicycles are Prohibited from the tunnel

• Placarded Hazardous Materials are Prohibited

• Maximum Height 15’0” Maximum Width 8’6”

• Maintain a safe distance between vehicles

• Obey lane control signals and messages

• Stay out of the blind spot of other vehicles; be especially careful around cargo trucks

• Tune into a popular FM radio station to hear safety instructions in case of an incident

What to do in the event of an accident or breakdown:

and you can get live traffic cams at http://www.sunguide.info/sunguide/index.php/travel_info/Port_of_Miami/

Edited by Capt_BJ