LIVE from the Pacific Princess. Cruise Tahiti with Sungirl. Glad to be back........

KCSungirl

KCSungirl - Thanks for a wonderful read on a New Year's Eve of football;)

We spent our 25th wedding anniversary on a land trip to Moorea & Bora Bora and your posts have brought back many fond memories. Love your writing style and had to read your "pontification" on travel out loud to my DH!! We loved it!

Happy New Year & happy travels!

Belinda

shellbeachjim -

Any thoughts or recommendations regarding excursions in each island? We're doing FP next year on the Pacific Princess for our 40th anniversary and have everything planned except excursions.

I can only give you my thoughts on the excursions we took.

Papeete - Papenoo Valley & Waterfall by 4WD. This was a ship's excursion and was a major disappointment to us. Very little explanation of what we were seeing from the driver (and that's pretty much all he was). The swimming was a treacherous walk across a very rocky shore (and it was raining). One of the other people on the excursion found a much safer route on his own - no help at all from the driver. The "refreshment" was about 3 ounces of fruit juice. This was a ship's excursion.

Huanine - Island Drive - another ship's excursion. Easy, laid back. Sadly while we saw the blue-eyed eels, we couldn't actually see their eyes.

Rangiroa - we did the ship's snorkeling excursion at "The Aquarium". I had equipment issues which made it difficult. It's somewhat open water, so make sure you're comfortable with the swimming.

Raiatea - we booked Bruno's Excursion Bleue independently. This was a terrific excursion. Drift snorkeling, snorkeling with sharks and rays, lunch on a private motu.

Bora Bora - we booked Patrick's Lagoon Tour and Snorkeling excursion independently but were unable to make it. We gave our reservations to another couple and they loved it.

Bora Bora - Tupuna Mountain, Pahonu Hill & Island Drive by 4WD. This is a ship's excursion and is not for the faint of heart. I had a blast, but the woman sitting opposite of me was freaking out the entire time. This is on narrow and steep off-road tracks.

Moorea - Motu Islet Beach - another ship's excursion. We had a great time. Not great snorkeling, but the rays were swimming all around us.

I hope this helps. Of course you can also investigate the Ports of Call board for more information http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104. Trip Advisor is also a good source of information for independent excursions.

Edited by shellbeachjim

Shellbeachjim - thanks for sharing the excursion info. The only excursion we shared was the Rangiroa aquarium. Loved it.

Whatcruiseisnext- you are right! The movement in the forward cabins on the small ships is atrocious! However, we learned to enjoy the ride. We love roller coasters. The view of the bow/equipment was the negative

Neptuneseas- MaitreD. Luigi Pascale

Queensquared & retired traveling - we waved the wheat in Tahiti

dickinson - all cruises offer different Internet packages depending on days, etc. elites are also offered a one time special package in addition to the free minutes. It's always a changing proposition

Waimea'smom - I didn't see any buy one get one happy hours. Drink of the day.

Kruzekrazy! - you asked about general conditions of ship. It's fine for me. Didn't see anything to complain about.

Jilly08 - I am thinking both boutique ships will be gone eventually. Not the Princess market. They are special

I always post a souvenir video on my FB page. Posted today. Enjoy!

Edited by KCSungirl

On Princess' website they list the internet packages you can pre purchase. You get extra minutes if you do it in advance. Are you saying that I might get a better deal on the ship (I'll be Platinum for my 15 day Hawaii cruise)?

dickinson - personally, I would wait on buying internet minutes before you leave home. There are a couple of ways to get bonus minutes but doesn't apply if you are buying elite packages. They offer bonus minutes on the first day if you buy a package, there are bonus minutes in the coupon book they leave in your stateroom, and there are internet specials offered during the cruise. PC and I each bought the elite package $85 for 850 minutes. That was plenty of time for us. I did use most of the time, though! That package is only good for your initial log in, I think. Can't beat that deal!

Neptuneseas = I just responded to your question earlier today. You must have missed it. Luigi Pascale

Hello, yes, I just read #80- sorry, did miss it. Thank you for reposting. We also love the little Princesses & will be sad to see them sail away if/when they both sail into the sunset! Thank you for sharing your voyage.