What to do in Honolulu, Hawaii for the day??

The last time we where in Honolulu in ‎September ‎2013, we spent most of our day in the shops and catching up with friends, we are now going back there in Feb 2015 on the Queen Elizabeth.

This time I don't really want to go back to the shops, I would like to see more off Honolulu. (and we have all ready been to Pearl Harbour once before).

so I was wondering what not to miss in Honolulu and what would you recommend doing in Honolulu??

Is there any good snorkelling spots??

Any ideas / suggestions are welcome

Is there any private tour company's you would recommend, we could do a tour with?

and the last time we where in Honolulu, we got the "Maui Divers of Hawaii" shuttle bus (bad move! :() from the cruise terminal, so I was also wondering if there are any other shuttle services from the cruise terminal??

Take the bus to amazing Haunamu Bay...I believe its closed on Tuesdays .Check it out on Google . Great spot to snorkel . You can hire gear there and then swim or walk out and feed the fish.:)

Its up there with with one of the great "must dos " in the world .

Could do a day trip to the Polynesian Cultural centre, if that appeals.

There are a couple of shuttles. However, I took one out, but then just walked back as it was a bit of a hassle finding/waiting for the shuttle, and there were interesting enough sights on the walk back, both historical and e.g. from Hawaii Five O. A fair number of people appeared to be walking on/off as well. There's also the bus service which is only 2.50 wherever you want to go.

On a land based trip to Hawaii, we did the "Circle Island Tour" (and two other tours) with Discover Hawaii Tours. The tour groups are smaller and the guides are fantastic. I would highly recommend them as they made the days so much fun as well as educational. :)

Go take a visit to Pearl Harbor Memorial, run by the U.S National Park Service. A very moving experience.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'll second that. We took the ship's tour to Pearl Harbour, which included the Punchbowl and a bit of a tour of Honolulu.

If you have already done Pearl Harbour - I would suggest that you do the Island Circle Tour. Just Google or look on tripadvisor for what's included. It's a full day tour around the island visiting lots of highlight places along with the fact that you will get to see a lot of the island. Very scenic.

• 1 month later...

We really enjoyed a tour to the north shore.

There is also a ranch tour you do via a hummer car. Best tour. It's where they filmed jurrastic park. Plus you get to have a look at the island getting to the ranch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hire a long board about $10 an hour and surf Waikiki Beach! Lots of laughs and fun if a few of you share a board! Then chill in one of the beach side bars of the bigger hotels along the beach front .

Sent from my iPad using Forums