bring ipad or leave home?

bdisney

Just got back from our cruise and I wish I would have brought mine! I had my iPhone but would have loved to take pics with my iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for not bringing the iPad. It is really rude to block others' views of sites from an excursion bus or van by using an iPad as a computer.

Just got back from our cruise and I wish I would have brought mine! I had my iPhone but would have loved to take pics with my iPad.

If you seriously want to get better pictures, then buy a decent camera. If all you have is a phone or tablet, then stand back, let others take quality pictures, and then ask if they will email a few to you. Waving a big honking tablet around, even a mini, is just rude.

I have to agree.... Without optical zoom or a good flash... phones and tablets may be limited.

I've been on a few trips and people are so dissappointed in their images compared to my Nikon 18-300mm lens, as well as my flash when it gets dark.

Man, no need to be rude! I would never block someone else from taking pics or enjoying the view. I use them more for selfies and video of our cabins as well as playing games or reading. I have a very nice, very small camera for the excursions. Way to be jerks on what is supposed to be a helpful site!

Edited by Jadolphsen

Why do you feel that the OP has to keep the IPads in the safe. Lots of us keep electronic and photography equipment worth lots more than the IPad outside in the room w/o any problems. I probably travel w $3000 - $4000 worth of equipment and I never put any of the stuff in the safe.

DON

I always put any computers worth that much money in a safe. I leave nothing of value out since housekeepers walk in and out all day. You are too trusting of a person. Who knows they can also get on to your computer and get all kinds of information.

I always put any computers worth that much money in a safe. I leave nothing of value out since housekeepers walk in and out all day. You are too trusting of a person. Who knows they can also get on to your computer and get all kinds of information.

Your stateroom attendent is assigned by name, the hallways are under video surveillance. While I put passpots, wallet, and cash into the sae. I'm not so awe struck by my amazing camera, phone, and tablet that I expect my stateroom attendent to trade his job for it. It wouldn't take Sherlock Holmes or Leroy Jethro Gibbs to solve the mystery of missiing items from a passenger stateroom.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch: I too would take the tablet. There is a lot you can do even without wifi active. In addition to what's already been mentioned, you can save maps of your ports offline, save or have apps for port inormation, save softcopies of your cruise calendar, reservations, and documents, just to name a few ideas that come to mind.

Man, no need to be rude! I would never block someone else from taking pics or enjoying the view. I use them more for selfies and video of our cabins as well as playing games or reading. I have a very nice, very small camera for the excursions. Way to be jerks on what is supposed to be a helpful site!

You are right - my comment was a bit over the top. I should have put it off until I found if you were one of those standing in front waving a tablet about😗 my apologies for assuming the worse.

Regardless of the OP's admirable behavior, TG fact remains that numerous rude folks use iPads for excursion fotos, often while they're puffing on a cigarette and eating unpackaged and/or uninspected food taken from the ship or removing microbe laden natural features like sand (only to reintroduce it into a state or country dependent upon agriculture).

Your stateroom attendent is assigned by name, the hallways are under video surveillance. While I put passpots, wallet, and cash into the sae. I'm not so awe struck by my amazing camera, phone, and tablet that I expect my stateroom attendent to trade his job for it. It wouldn't take Sherlock Holmes or Leroy Jethro Gibbs to solve the mystery of missiing items from a passenger stateroom.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch: I too would take the tablet. There is a lot you can do even without wifi active. In addition to what's already been mentioned, you can save maps of your ports offline, save or have apps for port inormation, save softcopies of your cruise calendar, reservations, and documents, just to name a few ideas that come to mind.

What you say is true but in every thread that I've read about belongings going missing from a cabin the belongings do not get recovered nor is the culprit identified.

What you say is true but in every thread that I've read about belongings going missing from a cabin the belongings do not get recovered nor is the culprit identified.

And, though I've yet to read the fine print, I assume the cruise line asserts no liability unless you use the in-room safe or, if available, the purser's safe.

And, though I've yet to read the fine print, I assume the cruise line asserts no liability unless you use the in-room safe or, if available, the purser's safe.

Yep, just like in a hotel- no liability unless it's actually in the hotel/cruise ship's safe (cabin safe isn't covered)(at least in the contracts that I have read).

Edited by sparks1093