2. No 3 a.m. passport face checks

3. No cancelled or delayed flights

4. No lost, damaged or delayed luggage

5. Comfortable beds

6. Great food on and off the ship

7. Tour managers that make your trip really special

8. Fantastic weather

9. Pictures that all come out perfect and

10. Plenty of money to book another river cruise!

Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Happy New Year to all of my cruise critic friends! And of course safe and happy travels. :D

Agree with all of that, especially "no cancelled flights." Vantage has us booked on Air France again next fall! :eek:

Here s hoping strike is settled. They put us on. Delta to Amsterdam in Aug. I am not thrilled Delta is my LEAST favorite airline but it's non-stop and we're returning on KLM

So I'll bite the bullet!

• 2 weeks later...
And a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you as well--and thank you for not only your always very helpful post but also, No. 2 on your list -- No 3am face checks. I was so sure that you were directing that one right at me!

You're welcome! :D It's 19 degrees here on LI, what's it like in Boston this morning? Besides, horrid....be creative!

You're welcome! :D It's 19 degrees here on LI, what's it like in Boston this morning? Besides, horrid....be creative!

DANG! It's down right balmy on Long Island! DH said it was MINUS 13 when he got up this morning and by the time I looked at thermometer a few hours ago it had ditched the MINUS but was still in single digits. I have some errands to run--including filling the tank-- but I'm waiting til after lunch before even venturing out the door to turn my fingers into icicles. Hey, but it's warm in my house and that's all that counts right now!

DANG! It's down right balmy on Long Island! DH said it was MINUS 13 when he got up this morning and by the time I looked at thermometer a few hours ago it had ditched the MINUS but was still in single digits. I have some errands to run--including filling the tank-- but I'm waiting til after lunch before even venturing out the door to turn my fingers into icicles. Hey, but it's warm in my house and that's all that counts right now!

LOL!! Just finished talking to a friend recently moved to FL and she was complaining bitterly because it was only going to be "in the 50's" today. FIFTIES??? I would sell my soul for fifty degrees....we're in single digits today too. Even the cat won't go outside.

Happy New Year to one and all and yes.. outside of Boston this morning my temperature said 2 degrees Fahrenheit! Had a meeting at 9;30 and just sucked it up and ran out! But once home, could not motivate myself back out the door!! LOL Still researching river cruises for September on either the Rhine or Danube. Love all the info everyone shares. Have already learned so much for us River newbies!:)

Happy New Year to one and all and yes.. outside of Boston this morning my temperature said 2 degrees Fahrenheit! Had a meeting at 9;30 and just sucked it up and ran out! But once home, could not motivate myself back out the door!! LOL Still researching river cruises for September on either the Rhine or Danube. Love all the info everyone shares. Have already learned so much for us River newbies!:)

The internet is great -- completely transforms hibernation!

The internet is great -- completely transforms hibernation!

I know....what would we be doing if we didn't have internet? I'd probably be reading, but that makes me sleepy, and I never watched day time TV, so what's left? cleaning, laundry.....I don't think so!!:D

Thanks, good thoughts, especially about airline strikes! We almost got trapped in Tahiti last September because of the Air France strike. The horror!

I don't know which would upset me more: getting stuck in Tahiti because of the strike or that they made up and I DIDN'T get stuck in Tahiti....

we got stuck in Frankfort when Lufthansa struck as we were returning home from Russia and I was delighted to have an extra day to spend in Frankfort, but Tahiti????...when I'm sitting here in arctic temps....you really now how to hurt a girl!!! :D