sanctuary --caribbean princess

markf

I am considering purchasing the pass:

It appears that the sanctuary is not in direct sun--is that correcet or is there a removable roof? Or is part in sun and part in shade

Do you reserve a specific spot, or just a pass that gives you access to any seat?

What is the weekly cost for a pass?

Where do you actually purchase the pass-?

Thanks

if you want the Sanctuary, then when board the ship you go straight up to entrance and staff will be waiting to reserve your spot for the week.

The cost is $210 for the week and the lounge chair you choose is your spot for the week. I think there are limited locations in the sun on the CB, I would check with the staff for a more complete understanding of the Sanctuary before you book.

On ships like CB, there are about 20-22 lounges located in the uncovered area in Sanctuary.

These chairs would get direct sunlight depending on the position of the ship and the sun - at times the structure of the ship or the glass wall panels can obstruct.

Have hopefully attached a picture that allows you to see what I'm explaining.

The staff is generally accommodating to assist in repositioning the loungers to take advantage of the best sun.

We have noticed that even under the covered area, enough sun will filter to provide color - wearing sun protection is recommended even if your in the covered space.

Sanctuary.jpg.ae6febc440f46e3035d41d6719ffe75b.jpg

I am considering purchasing the pass:

It appears that the sanctuary is not in direct sun--is that correcet or is there a removable roof? Or is part in sun and part in shade

Do you reserve a specific spot, or just a pass that gives you access to any seat?

What is the weekly cost for a pass?

Where do you actually purchase the pass-?

The Sanctuary has canvas strips covering a good section over the loungers. They help filter the sun but do not block it. There are some loungers that are in direct sunlight.

You reserve "your" lounger. No one else can use that lounger. It's not a "pass." It's yours to come and go, use as you wish for the time you've booked it.

Cost is $20/half day/lounger; $40/day/lounger; if booked for the entire cruise, it's $30/day/lounger. Hours are 8-12:30pm, 1-5pm and 8am-5pm. To book, run, don't walk, to the Sanctuary as soon as you board if you want to book for the entire cruise. To book by the half or full day, you need to be at the Sanctuary very early in the morning to get a lounger. On some ships, I've had to be there by 7am to book one or else they're all gone. Some ships are experimenting with being able to book the day before.

Afternoon tea in the Sanctuary is to die for. Really nice experience.

0e0d1532ee01ce4b236ae4f2408db2ae.jpgea8685fcd85b5eb1454dff50882d580f.jpg

I could be wrong, but haven't I seen a place in the cruise personalizer that allowed you to book reservations for The Sanctuary ?

Because you cannot pre-book. Hence everyone pointing out to make reservations first thing when boarding, running up early on the days you want it if you don't do a whole cruise booking at boarding, etc.

Because you cannot pre-book. Hence everyone pointing out to make reservations first thing when boarding, running up early on the days you want it if you don't do a whole cruise booking at boarding, etc.

Hence, as I said, I could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...