Summit Review - Nov 29 to Dec 6 2014 - With Pictures

poffles

And yes still more ... maybe I took more than I realized. Still missed so many areas though. Oh well, have to sail her again, there are worse problems to have.

Here is one of those sitting areas I mentioned that is along the way and hidden around the corner in plain sight.

IMG_1093.jpg

See around the corner ...

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

Enjoying your review and pictures. WE took the same cruise Nov 2013 and loved it. Your pics make me want to book another one.

Thank you ... wish I took more around the ship. I missed so many areas :( It really is a great cruise.

Thanks so much for the great review! We've been on the Summit twice and the Constellation twice, which is pretty much a mirror image to the Summit. Our last cruise was on an "S" Class - the Equinox. It was simply amazing! You are going to enjoy the Reflection so much!!

Thanks so much for the great review! We've been on the Summit twice and the Constellation twice, which is pretty much a mirror image to the Summit. Our last cruise was on an "S" Class - the Equinox. It was simply amazing! You are going to enjoy the Reflection so much!!

Thank you! I can't wait for the Reflection and it's only around the corner. I am so lucky to be able to cruise like I have :)

Figured I'd list the main entertainment listed for each evening for anyone interested.

Sat:

Theater: Welcome Aboard Show - snippit of what's to come

Sun:

Theater: Captain's Gala Toast and Summit Singers and Dancers on journey of classic to silver screen to blockbuster hits of today.

Solarium: "Liquid" Ultra Lounge

Mon:

Theater: Juggler Ivan Pecel

Revelations: Sizzle Latin Rhythms Party

Tues:

Theater: Sirens - pirates and mermaids under the sea burlesque and fantasy starring Summit Singers and Dancers

Martini Bar: Martini Ice Party

Wed:

Theater: Stars in Their Eyes - tribute to legendary stars. Starry Celebrity Production Singers and Dancers, accompanied by Celebrity Orchestra

Revelations: Frozen White Party

Thurs:

Theater: Al Duchame - comedy/impressionist

Revelations: 70's Night Fever Disco Party

Fri:

Theater: A Voyage to Remember - showcase of the week

Revelations: Farewell Party

Hope this provides proof that something other than drinking happens in the evening (at least on paper) :rolleyes: Who knew LOL

Thank you nice to see a list other than the wine or cocktail list for a change.:)

Thank you so much for your reviews and pictures. So excited now. Going in February. Which tour did you take to St. John? Looks perfect for us :-) thanks again Happy sailing

Do you mean St. John Antigua? If so, we took beach trip and I'm trying to remember what the name of the beach was .. oh my. Need to do some reading to remember LOL.

Edited by poffles

Ty. I was interested in St.john bvi not Antigua.

Ahh .. okay I thought that first then wondered if I was assuming wrong. We took the self guided St. John excursion booked through Celebrity. Others doing other guided excursions all went over together. After having been to St. Thomas so much we really needed to do something different.

They have a chartered ferry take you over to Cruz Bay and it's within walking distance from the cruise port so they line you up and walk you over. On the other end when they drop you off in Cruz Bay they tell you a return time to be back (excursion start time 10am ... leave Cruz Bay at 2pm). From there we decided to jump one of the awaiting taxi shuttles to Trunk Bay ... what a beautiful beach. We stayed there for a bit then shuttled back to the shopping area near Cruz Bay, some really nice shops there. Then went to a margarita bar right near the dock to wait for our return time and had the best margarita (not frozen kind) I've ever had made with fresh squeezed grapefruit. The rest of the world just faded away. I will be sure to elaborate more on this later and pull some pictures in.

Edited by poffles

So day one was a bit of a blur, we kind of just bounced around all day. Didn't do the pool thing because we knew we had beach days planned so we spent time exploring, eating, drinking, exploring, eating, drinking ... you get the picture.

Before getting into our port adventures I want to say that when we did our prior southern cruise to all of these ports with the exception of Antigua, I booked all of our excursion directly with private island providers but this trip we did the opposite mostly because we planned mostly beach days and they aren't too expensive either way and we booked enough to get one almost free due to the OBC they offered for booking 4 or more.

I will also add that every excursion we booked on our prior trip was excellent but I don't like to do the same thing twice when there are other options.

So, our first port was Barbados and we booked the beach day to Accra beach though Celebrity. This included a beach chair, umbrella and drink ticket.

P1000107.jpg

Was a very nice beach with a few vendors walking around selling stuff but not too pushy so no big deal. This was a nice day and what we expected.

P1000114.jpg

P1000118.jpg

P1000115.jpg

P1000117.jpg