Just set sail from NJ and......

mw_1970

The bumper cars are a blast. The line moves quickly. But watch out - the post bumper giddiness can combine with the ships motion to give you a real spin afterward lol.

Btw the coke machines are operating.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[quote name='roe2ship']There has been several reports now Devinly Decadence is complimentary. If you really want to try that place I would book in case they change their mind.[/QUOTE]

On royals site it looks more like an a la carte option as the price is "Starting at $0.00" and not listed as "Complimentary"

[quote name='mw_1970']I just popped into Devinly Decadence. Cover charge of $20 still applies. Well, at the moment anyway and staff know nothing about that changing.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, but would not surprise me if they wait until the next sailing to impose the change. They would not want to irritate all the people who already paid to eat there on your sailing, then have to deal with refunds, etc. I can see why they would wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

[quote name='Dave85']Interesting, but would not surprise me if they wait until the next sailing to impose the change. They would not want to irritate all the people who already paid to eat there on your sailing, then have to deal with refunds, etc. I can see why they would wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app[/quote]

We are sailing on March 21 and we already booked here and as of today, we have not received any refund.

We had Devinly Decadence booked for our 1-23-15 sailing. Called Royal last night to cancel due to this venue coming up as a complimentary restaurant under the cruise planner. Was transferred to Resolutions, they are looking into it and said they will be calling me back sometime today regarding the refund.

[quote name='ReneFlores']I just saw a change in my Royal Caribbean cruise planner that states Devinly Decadence no longer has cost (usd 0), can anyone confirm if Devinly decadence will officially become free of charge?[/QUOTE]

I am on the 2/2 sailing and yesterday I saw that they had removed the cover charge for Divinely Decadence, went to the planner and made a reservation and there was no charge.

The tag on the icon does say "Starting at $0.00". It is possible they will be charging ala carte. The current menu does not show any charges, but the way things are going we will have to wait and see.

The way it was explained in the post I saw was that because there appeared to be more people who wanted to eat (complimentary) at the peak times than they had seats, they added Izumi and DD to the complimentary list.

Sounds good to me. We'll have to see how this plays out.

It is a move I would expect a quality organization to make given the current situation. So I take this as a very positive sign that the problem solvers are engaged and working to help us out.

There has been enough talk, we need solutions.

I am on the 2/2 sailing and yesterday I saw that they had removed the cover charge for Divinely Decadence, went to the planner and made a reservation and there was no charge.

The tag on the icon does say "Starting at $0.00". It is possible they will be charging ala carte. The current menu does not show any charges, but the way things are going we will have to wait and see.

The way it was explained in the post I saw was that because there appeared to be more people who wanted to eat (complimentary) at the peak times than they had seats, they added Izumi and DD to the complimentary list.

It is a move I would expect a quality organization to make given the current situation. So I take this as a very positive sign that the problem solvers are engaged and working to help us out.

I Doubt they'll add izumi as the restaurant itself is pretty small and i doubt it would make a difference, from what I’ve seen in the photos, izumi seems to have very limited capacity, like 30-40 people max.

It's good to have devinly decadence though, especially in a longer cruise as you won’t have to repeat the same restaurants that much. And it would match the article in which RC mentioned that they would most likely make Dev Decadence complimentary.

I Doubt they'll add izumi as the restaurant itself is pretty small and i doubt it would make a difference, from what I’ve seen in the photos, izumi seems to have very limited capacity, like 30-40 people max.

I was about to say, this is the very first I'd heard of Izumi becoming complimentary, which would be highly surprising. Anybody else have info on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Izumi to complimentary? O.o please :D

I highly doubt that Izumi is going complimentary. I did notice on my cruise planner for 1-23-15 the menu for Devinly Decadence is different than the menu online. It appears the menu on the link below only has 4 entrees where as my cruise planner has 12 dishes for entrees. So if indeed Devinly Decadence is going comp, they will or have changed their menu to a limited selection for Entrees. Devinly Decadence will only add another 110 seats.

The following 12 Entrees items are showing on my cruise planner.

Grilled Chicken Enchiladas

seasoned grilled free-range chicken breast, corn tortillas, low-fat cheddar, cilantro, black olives and enchilada sauce. served with a mixed green salad with a housemade salsa-lime vinaigrette topped with queso fresco (480 calories)

New Orleans Chicken With Apricot Mustard Sauce

a spicy cajun pan-“fried” free-range chicken breast with a sweet 100% apricot and mustard sauce accompanied by mashed sweet potatoes and sautéed garlic spinach

Drippy Ahi Tacos

fresh wild-caught sashimi-style ahi tuna with avocado and a sweet lemony slaw (420 calories)

Chorizo Lasagna

special house-made extra lean pork chorizo nestled in layers of whole wheat pasta noodles with two cheeses and plenty of house-made marinara sauce (450 calories)

Three-Cheese Stuffed Shells

jumbo shells stuffed with lightened up ricotta, mozzarella and Romano cheeses and smothered in house-made marinara sauce. served with mixed green salad with a housemade basil balsamic vinaigrette (470 calories)

Meatball Marinara Plate

skewers of housemade extra lean, free-range beef meatballs in housemade marinara sauce. served with a mixed green salad with a housemade basil balsamic vinaigrette and a whole grain dinner roll (450 calories)

Crab Cakes

“unfried” lump crab. served with seasoned light skinned sweet potato “chips” or a mixed green salad with a basil balsamic vinaigrette

Sweet Chili Peanut Glazed Salmon

wild–caught salmon filet served over a bread of short-grain brown rice served with szechuan roasted broccolini

Sweet & Spicy Pork Tenderloin

grass-fed pork tenderloin seasoned, seared then roasted in a sweet and spicy glaze served with citrus mashed sweet potatoes and garlic roasted asparagus

Sundried Tomato & Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

grass-fed pork tenderloin butterflied and stuffed with sundried tomatoes and goat cheese served with red quinoa and roasted balsamic asparagus

Garlic Rosemary Steak Skewers

marinated cubes of lean, grass-fed top round steak served with red-skinned smashed potatoes and grilled zucchini and red peppers

Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon

three hearty slices of grass-fed, pepper crusted filet mignon served with butternut squash fries and parmesan roasted cauliflower

The menu below only shows 4 Entrees.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/devinly-decadence/

I highly doubt that Izumi is going complimentary. I did notice on my cruise planner for 1-23-15 the menu for Devinly Decadence is different than the menu online. It appears the menu on the link below only has 4 entrees where as my cruise planner has 12 dishes for entrees. So if indeed Devinly Decadence is going comp, they will or have changed their menu to a limited selection for Entrees. Devinly Decadence will only add another 110 seats.

seasoned grilled free-range chicken breast, corn tortillas, low-fat cheddar, cilantro, black olives and enchilada sauce. served with a mixed green salad with a housemade salsa-lime vinaigrette topped with queso fresco (480 calories)

a spicy cajun pan-“fried” free-range chicken breast with a sweet 100% apricot and mustard sauce accompanied by mashed sweet potatoes and sautéed garlic spinach

Drippy Ahi Tacos

fresh wild-caught sashimi-style ahi tuna with avocado and a sweet lemony slaw (420 calories)

Chorizo Lasagna

special house-made extra lean pork chorizo nestled in layers of whole wheat pasta noodles with two cheeses and plenty of house-made marinara sauce (450 calories)

jumbo shells stuffed with lightened up ricotta, mozzarella and Romano cheeses and smothered in house-made marinara sauce. served with mixed green salad with a housemade basil balsamic vinaigrette (470 calories)

Meatball Marinara Plate

skewers of housemade extra lean, free-range beef meatballs in housemade marinara sauce. served with a mixed green salad with a housemade basil balsamic vinaigrette and a whole grain dinner roll (450 calories)

Crab Cakes

“unfried” lump crab. served with seasoned light skinned sweet potato “chips” or a mixed green salad with a basil balsamic vinaigrette

wild–caught salmon filet served over a bread of short-grain brown rice served with szechuan roasted broccolini

grass-fed pork tenderloin seasoned, seared then roasted in a sweet and spicy glaze served with citrus mashed sweet potatoes and garlic roasted asparagus

grass-fed pork tenderloin butterflied and stuffed with sundried tomatoes and goat cheese served with red quinoa and roasted balsamic asparagus

marinated cubes of lean, grass-fed top round steak served with red-skinned smashed potatoes and grilled zucchini and red peppers

three hearty slices of grass-fed, pepper crusted filet mignon served with butternut squash fries and parmesan roasted cauliflower

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/devinly-decadence/

This link brings you to the RCCL website and it says that its free for breakfast and lunch and a charge for dinner.

This link brings you to the RCCL website and it says that its free for breakfast and lunch and a charge for dinner.

I see complimentary for breakfast, but unclear on price for lunch and dinner. There is no comma between breakfast and lunch so I think it was just an intentional ENTER.

You can only pre book *dinner* reservations for the specialty restaurants. When I go into the cruise planner for my current sailing, Devinly Decandance is indicated as $0 for dinner. It no longer indicated the charge of $20 which I already paid. Waiting for confirmation from Resolutions.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

You can only pre book *dinner* reservations for the specialty restaurants. When I go into the cruise planner for my current sailing, Devinly Decandance is indicated as $0 for dinner. It no longer indicated the charge of $20 which I already paid. Waiting for confirmation from Resolutions.

We already booked dinner there the first night and we were charged $20.00.

I have went to the site to get all my papers for check in on RC Quantum.

When I get to the luggage tags it won't print. Do I even need to worry about getting the tags or do that do that when you are checking in on the ship?

Sure am not looking forward going to NJ. I wish this ship left from Fla.

I was watching on the web cam as you sailed under the Verrazano, always a beautiful site to see a ship passing under that bridge. Looked like a rainy sailaway, but you are obviously in good spirits. :)

Have a great cruise!

can you tell me the web site for the cam? Thankyou

I was watching on the web cam as you sailed under the Verrazano, always a beautiful site to see a ship passing under that bridge. Looked like a rainy sailaway, but you are obviously in good spirits. :)

Have a great cruise!

can you tell me the web site for the cam? Thankyou

Sure. There are two in NY, the Port of New York web cam (link below) and the New York Harbor web cam. And more in a number of other popular cruise ports. In the upper left corner of their web sites, click on "watch another web cam," which will give you a pull down menu for those other sites. You know you are pretty far off the deep end as a cruise addict when it's Saturday or Sunday around 3-5 PM ET and you find yourself watching one of these web cams to see ships pulling out. :)

Enjoy!

http://www.portnywebcam.com/

We board on Sunday!:D. I cannot thank you guys enough for all of this great information!! I PROMISE, if the wifi remains free on our cruise, I will return the favor!

Thanks again, you guys, for taking the time out of your,what appears to be, mostly womderful vacation to keep us all abreast! You guys have made me even more excited than I already am!

Tara

Edited by tarajean1962

Drippy Ahi Tacos

Chorizo Lasagna

Meatball Marinara Plate

Crab Cakes

The menu onboard is from memory 4 starters, 4 entrees and 4 desserts. People should ignore ALL online menus as they are not what is necessarily present onboard.

Nonsense

We walked up to Silk to give it another go at 7:45 tonight, straight in and out by 8:30

American Icon, no line

Chic, no line

Grande, no line

Jamie's, no line

No lines ANYWHERE tonight between 7:30 and 8:30 that we saw and apart from first two nights that is the way it has been all cruise.