Recent Paradise Cruisers - Comedy Club

Yvonne

I have a question about the comedy club for cruisers who have recently been on the Paradise.

We have enjoyed the comedy club on other Carnival ships, and they have done it 2 ways.

1. They let people stay after a show so they can see the next, and the next, etc. if they choose to. Or...

2. They empty the room and you have to get in line to come back in again for the next show.

I'm just wondering which way they do it on the Paradise, thanks.

Just off Paradise yesterday. You can stay in your seat for the next show.

CruisinCrow -

Can you give us a review of any kind of your trip? We sail in 33 days and I would love to get more information on the Paradise!

That's great to know about the comedy shows. We normally just go to the family friendly but if we decide we want to stay it would be a pain to have to leave and get back in line.

CruisinCrow -

Can you give us a review of any kind of your trip? We sail in 33 days and I would love to get more information on the Paradise!

That's great to know about the comedy shows. We normally just go to the family friendly but if we decide we want to stay it would be a pain to have to leave and get back in line.

I definitely plan to post a review, just haven't had time to write it up yet. Give me a few days and I'll have lots of pictures for you. :)

You can stay and see the shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off Paradise yesterday. You can stay in your seat for the next show.

Great to know, thanks! :)

We've done it both ways and I much prefer just being able to stay seated, chat with our family members and order another drink while we wait for the next show. :)

We have had to leave the room and then come back in and most times people who want to see the next show just go right back to the same tables they were occupying for the first show they came to see, so it just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to empty the room after each show so I'm glad the Paradise allows you to stay. :)

I definitely plan to post a review, just haven't had time to write it up yet. Give me a few days and I'll have lots of pictures for you. :)

Will definitely be watching for your review! :)

• 2 weeks later...

We have had to leave the room and then come back in and most times people who want to see the next show just go right back to the same tables they were occupying for the first show they came to see, so it just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to empty the room after each show so I'm glad the Paradise allows you to stay. :)

How about looking at it from the point of view of the people that are waiting in line for the second adult show to start? It's common courtesy that the room be emptied and then those that are waiting in line get to go first and get the prime seats for the second show. If there are shows at 10 and 1115, then those who have late seating dinner may not be able to get to the 10:00 show unless they rush through dinner, so they are relegated to the 1115 show, which is OK. But it's salt in an open wound if all of the seats are taken by greedy patrons who get to stick around because they are on a ship that has a bad comedy show manager. Our last cruise on the Breeze had long wait lines and SRO shows, so the house was properly cleared out in between the early and late show.

Just off the Paradise last month. First cruise where there were no long lines for the comedy shows. They were held in the Queen Mary Lounge which is quite sizable.... the largest comedy venue we've experienced compared to the Legend or Breeze as far as total pax / available seats. Since seating was not an issue, everyone was allowed to stay between shows.

One complaint.... one of our 2 comics did the same show all week. The other guy, (cowboy comic), had new materials every show which was appreciated. :)

Just off the Paradise last month. First cruise where there were no long lines for the comedy shows. They were held in the Queen Mary Lounge which is quite sizable.... the largest comedy venue we've experienced compared to the Legend or Breeze as far as total pax / available seats. Since seating was not an issue, everyone was allowed to stay between shows.

We had the same experience on our January 1 cruise. We came in at the end of a show and stood in the back. Once the show was over, a lot of people left and there was plenty of seating for the next show.

How about looking at it from the point of view of the people that are waiting in line for the second adult show to start? It's common courtesy that the room be emptied and then those that are waiting in line get to go first and get the prime seats for the second show. If there are shows at 10 and 1115, then those who have late seating dinner may not be able to get to the 10:00 show unless they rush through dinner, so they are relegated to the 1115 show, which is OK. But it's salt in an open wound if all of the seats are taken by greedy patrons who get to stick around because they are on a ship that has a bad comedy show manager. Our last cruise on the Breeze had long wait lines and SRO shows, so the house was properly cleared out in between the early and late show.

As I said, we've done it both ways (having to clear the room and re-enter, and being allowed to stay after the show and wait for the next) and every time we had to leave the room the people who wanted to stay for the next show were the ONLY people forming a line to get back in so most went right back to the seats they just vacated 2 minutes ago so really, what's the point? There was no line of new people forming when the show ended. Maybe on some ships it's different, if the room is smaller. But the room we had to vacate was quite large and as a PP said many people leave after the show and don't get in line for the next so there are still a lot of seats for people arriving later.

If we're allowed to stay, we will. If not we'll get in line again if we want to see the next show, but unless things change in a month it looks like we'll be allowed to stay. :) I don't think people are "greedy" if they stay when they are allowed to.

Edited by Yvonne