Help! covered vs uncovered vs view!

knbcruisers

Hi all!

I have booked the Coral for northbound June 10th. Currently I have mini-suite C728, which is last port aft mini with an aft side view. However it is uncovered. I am having second thoughts now after reading more and more about the unpredictable weather. Currently there are minis available next to C728 that would be partially covered, or one deck down on Dolphin which would be fully covered. I want to remain in the aft section to be able to use aft viewing deck easily, and also as the prices have gone up, I think I can only move within my cabin category without paying more. Haven't called the TA yet about pricing issue. Assuming I can move for same price, should I sacrifice the curved balcony view for coverage, and should I go full or partial? I would appreciate input from the experienced Alaska cruisers on CC. I expect to use the balcony a lot as DH is not too keen on being on the viewing decks with crowds for long periods of time.

Sounds like this might be a question of your own personal choices. Personally, I think the aft curved balcony would give the best viewing options. Being uncovered would be similar to being on must public viewing deck areas. While covered might give protection if it's raining, you need to ask yourself just how much you'd be able to see if it was raining. If you choose uncovered, bring an umbrella or two just in case...

Yes I have, thank you, there is a very helpful site by a CCer Tom regarding the Island/Coral balconies. I am about to call the TA and see what my options are to move to at least a partially covered balcony mini while there is still a choice.

Sent from my Note 3 using Forums mobile app

After much research and agonizing I have moved our cabin 2 doors down to a partial covered balcony while still having access to the back deck. This was an easy change for TA as was within same category. So there was no change in price or OBC.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Edited by knbcruisers

Thank you for confirming my decision. Was the cabin next to you full or partially covered? If partial was it useable? DH just suggested moving to a fully covered on dolphin deck below. There are still cabins available there also so I need to call TA soon

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app