Haven and UDP

Selluks

I don't see why not, one of the suite perks is in suite dining from any locale on the ship. Normally they would charge you the extra price if you use the upscale eateries - the UDP wipes that out. If you do it often, be sure and tip the butler accordingly.

I know that I am planning on doing this on my next cruise.

We were in a Haven suite on the Pearl last month and I asked the Concierge about that. I told her that I had heard mixed messages and that some people said you can and others said you can't. She told me that if you have the UDP that there was no charge to have it delivered to your room. We had planned on having dinner delivered one or two nights but never did.

Sure can. We had the UDP on the Breakaway at Christmas - in the Haven - and had our butler bring us the sliders from Cagneys as a late aft snack.

The sliders are an appetizer, not an entree, so your butler should have been able to get them for you at no charge even if you didn't have the UDP. The same is true if you wanted a dessert that's only available from Cagney's (or another specialty restaurant).

Edited by njhorseman

The sliders are an appetizer, not an entree, so your butler should have been able to get them for you at no charge even if you didn't have the UDP. The same is true if you wanted a dessert that's only available from Cagney's (or another specialty restaurant).

On our Pearl cruise (11/20-12/1) we didn't have the UDP and we tried ordering some appetizers from Cagney's only to be told that there would be a charge. Tried explaining to the Maitre'D that it was my understanding that suite pax could order at no charge as long as there was no entrée ordered and was advised that was no longer the case. It was no big deal to us - we just had some appys brought in from Blue Lagoon. Again, YMMV and don't know if this is a new policy fleetwide or specific to the Pearl but just sayin'.....

No idea what the current policy is, but in my mind there should be a charge for ordering appetizers from Cagneys, etc. After all, lots of people make a dinner out of appy's. Why should that be different than an entree?

No idea what the current policy is, but in my mind there should be a charge for ordering appetizers from Cagneys, etc. After all, lots of people make a dinner out of appy's. Why should that be different than an entree?

I've gone to Cagneys with DH, who wanted his steak and the works, and only had soup and salad as my meal. They didn't let me off without a charge. :confused:

On our Pearl cruise (11/20-12/1) we didn't have the UDP and we tried ordering some appetizers from Cagney's only to be told that there would be a charge. Tried explaining to the Maitre'D that it was my understanding that suite pax could order at no charge as long as there was no entrée ordered and was advised that was no longer the case. It was no big deal to us - we just had some appys brought in from Blue Lagoon. Again, YMMV and don't know if this is a new policy fleetwide or specific to the Pearl but just sayin'.....

Thanks for the information. Whether ship-specific or fleetwide policy it definitely is a change.

Edited by njhorseman