Celebrity - Kids Club/Fun Factory review

croozen

I'm pretty sure they've seen and heard EVERYTHING. Only their passengers want anaphylactic reactions less than Celebrity does. If a food allergy is that severe, make sure everyone possible is aware of it. I'm pretty confident they can arrange whatever needs to happen. The dairy is really just an intolerance evidenced by GI distress, rather than an allergy with serious health and life consequences.

Typically, the AMD stopped by the night before, he'd drop off the menus, we would consult and pick appropriate choices, and after dessert he'd stop back and take the choices. We asked a gal who had some fairly serious food allergies to join us in Qsine after a chance encounter at the host stand when we heard she had showed up to eat her specially prepared menu solo after her mother had not felt well enough for dinner that evening, and she raved about how well Celebrity had done with handling her multiple allergies.

Thanks for responding. I'm sure no one wants a reaction, but the chance of one occurring can be greatly reduced. DD had a reaction one time, during "lobster night" on a Disney cruise. We could only figure some sort of cross contamination, possibly due to waiter error. A few hours in sick bay, and all was better. Scary experience. Don't want to go through that again.

I'm pretty sure they've seen and heard EVERYTHING. Only their passengers want anaphylactic reactions less than Celebrity does. If a food allergy is that severe, make sure everyone possible is aware of it. I'm pretty confident they can arrange whatever needs to happen. The dairy is really just an intolerance evidenced by GI distress, rather than an allergy with serious health and life consequences.

Typically, the AMD stopped by the night before, he'd drop off the menus, we would consult and pick appropriate choices, and after dessert he'd stop back and take the choices. We asked a gal who had some fairly serious food allergies to join us in Qsine after a chance encounter at the host stand when we heard she had showed up to eat her specially prepared menu solo after her mother had not felt well enough for dinner that evening, and she raved about how well Celebrity had done with handling her multiple allergies.

We were recently on the Summit and we ate in the same area of Select Dining every night. A gentlemen we conversed with was gluten free. Each night after dessert, the Maitre'd came to him with the next nights menu and discussed the selections which he then wrote down. The Maite'd also came over a couple times during dinner to check out how things were going. I would suggest you make an effort to at least get the same waiter and Maitre'd each night.

Yes, the forms have been submitted and we are prepared to discuss the next day's menu with both the waiter and head server/DR manager.

Did you feel confident with Celebrity's handling of allergies?

Queen of Oakville had a post about her experience here.

In a (pea)nut shell, a very positive experience. :)

Ha ha ha Dee, you beat me to it!!!!

lol

Yes Celebrity is AWESOME for allergies. We look forward to another positive experience when we sail Silhouette in a few months.

Ha ha ha Dee, you beat me to it!!!!

lol

Yes Celebrity is AWESOME for allergies. We look forward to another positive experience when we sail Silhouette in a few months.

I was so pleased with myself that I knew the answer to a question. :)