Help..Hotel

ravluis

We stayed at Intercontenintal Miami; could see the cruise ships from our hotel room; quick taxi ride to port, cheap too. We transferred from FT. Lauderdale airport on Go Airport Express I think; no reservations necessary, and they are outside every baggage claim area. hotel was close to shopping / restaurants and CVS / Walgreens. All within walking distance.

We stayed at Intercontenintal Miami; could see the cruise ships from our hotel room; quick taxi ride to port, cheap too. We transferred from FT. Lauderdale airport on Go Airport Express I think; no reservations necessary, and they are outside every baggage claim area. hotel was close to shopping / restaurants and CVS / Walgreens. All within walking distance.

In addition to the Intercontinental, the Double Tree and Marriott have great views of Miami Beach and the cruise ship area. These are all nice, full-service hotels. We normally stay at the Marriott - it has a shuttle service that will take you to the cruise terminal.

In addition to the Intercontinental, the Double Tree and Marriott have great views of Miami Beach and the cruise ship area. These are all nice, full-service hotels. We normally stay at the Marriott - it has a shuttle service that will take you to the cruise terminal.

O! That's so awesome to know. I will look into the Marriott right now. Thank you so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If your looking for cheap we stayed at La Quinta Inn Miami...cheap and free shuttle from the airport and free breakfast. Ask for a room not on the main floor. I wasn't a big fan of our room but from talking with others it was just our room that had issues, don't know . I believe the shuttle to the cruise port was freer it was something like $5.00 pp but I'm thinking it was free. If your ok with the cost the Intercontinental is a good choice.

Have a nice cruise.

Edited by Midwestgal

If your looking for cheap we stayed at La Quinta Inn Miami...cheap and free shuttle from the airport and free breakfast. Ask for a room not on the main floor. I wasn't a big fan of our room but from talking with others it was just our room that had issues, don't know . I believe the shuttle to the cruise port was freer it was something like $5.00 pp but I'm thinking it was free. If your ok with the cost the Intercontinental is a good choice.

Have a nice cruise.

Well cheap would be great lol. Our flight comes in at 11:45pm. So we really will only be sleeping a few hours. Lol. Thank you for the information.

Careful with cheap in Miami. Cheap there usually means bad part of town and unsafe (and some areas right around the airport and the port are exactly that). Miami is one place where I would bite the bullet and pay more for a hotel.

Careful with cheap in Miami. Cheap there usually means bad part of town and unsafe (and some areas right around the airport and the port are exactly that). Miami is one place where I would bite the bullet and pay more for a hotel.

Valid point! Thank you. My in-laws will be traveling with us. So I definitely have to be careful of where we stay. But tonight I'll be dedicating my night to finding this hotel quickly.

Hi! Would anyone be able to tell me which hotels are close to the port in Miami? Also, shuttle service, if anyone knows of a good one they could tell me about. Thank You so much!

Just booked the Double Tree in Biscan bay with free shuttle to the pier

Holiday Inn port if Miami is right across the bridge from the port. It's our go to hotel. Worth a look see.

Didn't want to mention specific hotels earlier when I mentioned keeping safety in mind, but that's the hotel were my mother was assaulted and robbed in plain daylight. Never again. That area may be closest to the port, but I would select a hotel somewhere else. Downtown Miami can be dicey.

Hampton Inn (blue Lagoon) has shuttle service close to a drug store, grocery store and liqior store all walking distance.

Another vote for Blue Lagoon hotels (Hampton, Homewood Suites, etc.). Nice residential/office park area near MIA with a local strip mall nearby (across the street from the Hampton Inn) for last minute cruise supplies. For those arriving late it is perfect and usually cheaper than downtown hotels -- but 11:45 (12:30 or so by the time you deplane and collect bags) may be too late for the free airport shuttles.

Holiday Inn port if Miami is right across the bridge from the port. It's our go to hotel. Worth a look see.

This is also my go-to hotel! It's cheaper that others downtown but not bad by any means. I love it's location and how close it is to shopping, dining, cvs, and the port.