Cheers 15 drink a day limit? Can I buy more?

armywifefisher

If you drink 1 drink an hour from 9AM till midnight that is 15 drinks and you have only had 1 per hour I would not be drunk or even close to it and it would only be midnight. The other cruise lines do not put such a limit,

If that is a big deal for you, then go sail with them. 15 sounds totally reasonable to me. For those who want more, don't do the program. What other cruise lines have or do not have for limits is of zero importance.

[

Wilgar if you ask for a larger glass they count the one drink as two towards your 15 limit.

If I order a double does it count as 2 drinks?

If you order a double I am sure it does count as 2 drinks.

But I can tell you that on the Sunshine, the Breeze, the Fantasy, and the Liberty you can order a single drink in a pint glass (scotch and soda, Makers Mark and water, Crown and Coke, vodka and cranberry) and they only count it as a single towards your Cheers limit.

I know this for a fact because I have done it within the last 3 months, not something I have heard, not something I have read, but have done it personally.

Why would they count a single shot as a double shot? That's silly.

I am fully aware of what the rule is but it is totally illogical, IMHO. It has been reported that on some ships a person who has Cheers can get 14 drinks under the program, then buy 5 more and then finish off their night with number 15 under the program. In reality they have now consumed 20 drinks. If Carnival has deemed that 15 drinks is a hard cut off for the program, then it would be LOGICAL to make it a hard cut off for those that are not participants in the Cheers program. Since there is no cut off for those that buy their drinks individually, it is safe to assume that the 15 drink hard cut off is a financial rule rather than a safety rule to insure that those who consume 15 are not drunk. What adds to the illogical aspect is that 15 drinks will effect a 125 lb woman very differently than a 300 lb man.

Everything I have read (and I have rad most threads on cheers) says it is a hard limit, period. I have no idea on what their reasons are for setting the limit. It really doesn't matter. Whether you or other posters say you can handle way more is also not relevant (by the way I have seen many people pie eyed saying they are fine as well). It's their rule. What rock or celebrity does matters not at all.

Waiting to get into dinner one night, we met a couple college age guys that were upset since they bought the cheers package and had hit the 15 limit that day. They could not buy any more for that day. What amazed me is they didn't seem drunk at all, oh BTW, it was early dining:eek: and they already hit the limit.

If I order a double does it count as 2 drinks?

If you order a double I am sure it does count as 2 drinks.

But I can tell you that on the Sunshine, the Breeze, the Fantasy, and the Liberty you can order a single drink in a pint glass (scotch and soda, Makers Mark and water, Crown and Coke, vodka and cranberry) and they only count it as a single towards your Cheers limit.

I know this for a fact because I have done it within the last 3 months, not something I have heard, not something I have read, but have done it personally.

Why would they count a single shot as a double shot? That's silly.

Thanks for the quick response.

If you are worried about getting cut off why not buy a bottle of booze through Bon Voyage in addition to the Cheers package. Then you go back to you room and make yourself a nice stiff drink if you think you might hit the number 15.

I have never got my moneys worth from Cheers, even when it dropped in price on 8 day cruises. Some days I was just beyond break even but most days I am nowhere close...have never hit the 15 drink limit. I just like having peace of mind that I don't have to worry about paying through the nose if we end up sipping froofroo drinks that are $9 apiece all day long on the Lido deck, sometimes that happens.

If you are worried about getting cut off why not buy a bottle of booze through Bon Voyage in addition to the Cheers package. Then you go back to you room and make yourself a nice stiff drink if you think you might hit the number 15.

I've done that too and ended up carrying a sealed liter of Makers Mark and Baileys off the boat. Apparently I am no longer the drinker I thought I was.

I was thinking the limit is so you don't buy drinks for others. That does raise a question for me, I would NEVER be able to hit a 15 drink limit. If I had the cheers program and was in one of the bars drinking, could you buy a round for some friends?

I was thinking the limit is so you don't buy drinks for others. That does raise a question for me, I would NEVER be able to hit a 15 drink limit. If I had the cheers program and was in one of the bars drinking, could you buy a round for some friends?

I grabbed my son a few beers during the week but you aren't supposed to. They still made out on my cheers purchase.

I hit my 15 twice. I was never drunk. I caught a slight buzz once in a week on the Miracle. Granted, I had a TON of frozen drinks, but then I switched to shots.

Maybe the double is allowed if under 10? They had a "make it a double for $3" promo while we were on board, but I didn't go check what would happen with Cheers. Next time. Wonder what drinks that would work on? Hm, mysteries all.

I'm no lightweight but seriously 15 drinks? lol...I'd wake up with my liver beside me lol..:D I'm not a fan of hangovers ....that being said I think that Carnival should impose some kind of limit. I'd say they have to..as a former bartender from eons ago we had to have a cutoff to reduce liability so I am assuming that may be one of the main reasons Carnival does it.

Actually weight has nothing to do with how much you drink, it all is how your liver process it and yes I am a nurse. I am about 140 lbs and I can drink a lot of ppl under the table doing patron tequila shots and I only drink 1 mix drinks when at a restaurant, nothing when I am at home (I am a social drinker) and only go out with friend about once ever 3 months and I will surprise most ppl how much I can drink. I do not plan on hitting my limit but maybe one night or two as this is a girls trip, no kids, no husbands. So i guess if I get close I will have to buy a bottle, that was an awesome idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the idea I might have to buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got off the Sunshine yesterday. We certainly made good use of the Cheers program but we only hit the 15 drinks twice (started early) and like posted earlier, got stopped from purchasing another.

I felt the drink strength was average at best with the exception of the Havana Ice Tea's from the Havana Bar and the Quick Fix (the one with Absinthe) martini from the Alchemy Bar.

Would we do it again? Possibly but not every future cruise.

I did Cheers on 4 ships last year and one this year, I have 2 ships that would let you buy drinks for for yourself before you reached your 15, one ship it was not happening no matter what and one that I had to argue to just to be able to buy and pay for an extra drink for someone that I just wanted to buy a drink for(because sharing is not aloud) before I even hit my 15 drink limit. (only 4 ships counted because I was on the same ship twice)

Getting a good pour is all about finding the right bartender and taking care of them. I always tip extra and then start asking for a little heavy pour, when I start finding the ones that will do that for me I stick with them all week. I may even leave one bar and get a drink from another just because I want to make sure I get what I want. But once the 15 is hit then you are cut off on any ship no if ands or buts. However one trick around this is order a bottle of wine if you like wine or Sharing cocktails (say something like a fishbowl at the red frog), pitchers, tubes buckets Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses (say something like a fish drinks that the servers carry around) non of these should go against you 15 drinks. However if you just buy a glass of $15.00 wine you would get a discount but the drink would also count against your daily total.

Did I understand someone to say you could buy a bucket of beer under the program and it would just count as one towards the 15?

I was thinking I read that you could not purchase buckets on the cheers program.. Hmm, we will be on the Magic next month and was trying to decide if we should or shouldn't :)

Did I understand someone to say you could buy a bucket of beer under the program and it would just count as one towards the 15?

I was thinking I read that you could not purchase buckets on the cheers program.. Hmm, we will be on the Magic next month and was trying to decide if we should or shouldn't :)

you can not