Concierge Services

Let me ask a very simple question -- who gets the services of the Concierge?

As many cruises as we have been on, we have never gotten a very clear and definite understanding of who has the services of the Concierge nor what services they provide.

Let me ask a very simple question -- who gets the services of the Concierge?

As many cruises as we have been on, we have never gotten a very clear and definite understanding of who has the services of the Concierge nor what services they provide.

Most ships have at least two concierges now.

The Concierge in the Concierge Lounge is available to guests in Grand Suites or better, and to D+ and higher level Crown & Anchor members.

The Concierge in the Diamond Lounge is available to Diamond and higher level Crown & Anchor members.

Note that this is different on Oasis, where the Concierge in the Suites Lounge is available to guests in Grand Suites or better, and Pinnacle C&A members.

Edited by clarea

I guess it would depend on which Concierge you are referring to.

Suite, D+, and Pinnacle can use the one in the Concierge Lounge, suite and Pinnacle can use the one in the Suite Lounge when available, Diamond, D+, and Pinnacle can use the one in the Diamond lounge if available.

As far as what they do, they pretty much can do anything guest related. Reservations, tours, complaints, etc..

The young lady on Enchantment gave me a deck of cards. :D

I guess it would depend on which Concierge you are referring to.

Suite, D+, and Pinnacle can use the one in the Concierge Lounge, suite and Pinnacle can use the one in the Suite Lounge when available, Diamond, D+, and Pinnacle can use the one in the Diamond lounge if available.

As far as what they do, they pretty much can do anything guest related. Reservations, tours, complaints, etc..

The young lady on Enchantment gave me a deck of cards. :D

I knew that their was a concierge in the CL; but never realized that their was one in the DL. I just figured that you needed to wait to be a D+ or in a suite to have use of a concierge.

I knew that their was a concierge in the CL; but never realized that their was one in the DL. I just figured that you needed to wait to be a D+ or in a suite to have use of a concierge.

You need to start sailing on more ships with Diamond Lounges. :o

Below is what was in an email from the concierge about a week out from sail date on my cruise last month. It is very similar to other emails I've received prior to sailing in a suite.

As a special VIP guest you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard Explorer of the Seas. For your

convenience, here is a brief summary of those services:

· Use of the Concierge Lounge, located on Deck 9 aft and the over flow lounge the 19th hole bar on deck 14

from 5:00pm to 8:30pm daily for cocktails .

· Spa Bathrobes for use onboard.

· Upgraded amenities for the bathroom.

· Complimentary Pressing on the first formal night (available for the outfit you will wear on the first formal night)

· Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 7:00 am to 10:00 am.

· Suite guest’s private breakfast at Portofino restaurant 7:30am to 9:30 am during port days and 8:00 am to 10:00 am while at sea. Also during lunch time at the Windjammer

Café, meal can be also enjoyed inside the Portofino dining area

using the main entrance of the restaurant. (Please see your service personnel for directions).

· Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup served in the Concierge Lounge on deck 9 aft and 19th HOLE, on deck 14 every evening

before and after dinner from 5:00pm to 8:30pm.. an over flow lounge is set up on deck 14 in the 19th hole bar for your enjoyment

· Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering for your dinner wine.(Concierge Lounge, Deck 9)

· Full Dining Room room-service privilege (available when Dining Room is open)

· Reservations for our specialty restaurant, sports activities, Explorations!, Salon and Spa appointments

(depending on time availability), etc.

· Arrangements for private parties.

· DVD's and Games for PS3 for your use while onboard ( Can be borrowed during the Concierge posted hours)

· Limited VIP lounge chair set-up near the pool bar area between decks 11 & 12.

· Port& Shopping advice.

· Business services such as faxes, copies, etc.

· Limited VIP seats for production shows and ice shows. (Please show Cruise Director’s staffs your gold colored SeaPass card at

the entrance 20 minutes prior to the show).

· Please refer to your muster station number for your assigned Ice Spectacular show time or see your Concierge for more information.

· As a special VIP guest, we are pleased to offer you access to the Barefoot Beach Club & Cabanas, a private beach located in Labadee.

Located on Barefoot Bay, this exclusive experience is only available to our suite guest with gold colored sea pass cards. Simply show your

sea pass card to the Island Concierge at the entrance.

· The Barefoot Beach Club & Cabanas (if rented) offers complimentary non-motorized water sports equipment (floating mats &

snorkeling equipment) in addition to an upgraded lunch menu and service from Suite Beach Attendants.

· For the ultimate way to relax in luxury, why not reserve one of the cabanas for the day? Featuring beautiful views and dedicated cabana

attendant’s service. The cabanas at Barefoot Beach Club are a not to be missed experience. Reservations are limited so please contact

your Concierge for more details & charges.

The Concierge Lounge is a private area accessible on a 24-hour basis, with your suite key you will have access. The Concierge Lounge

has been designated a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the lounge

(no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). To ensure all our guests are able to enjoy this exclusive lounge we require that all guests 20 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

For any DINING ROOM REQUEST please reply to this email and I'll be more than happy to assist you .

Please contact the HOSPITALITY DESK after clearing the security check at the terminal for a quick check in

You need to start sailing on more ships with Diamond Lounges. :o

We cruise when we can and on what we can, for sure. But even on our last Her Majesty cruise, we were taken care of very, very nicely by the Hotel Manager and the Food and Beverage Manager. I can't imagine what more could have been done for us.

We are cruising on Indy in a few weeks, so we'll see what we need, IF we need anything....but it is nice to now know.

Below is what was in an email from the concierge about a week out from sail date on my cruise last month. It is very similar to other emails I've received prior to sailing in a suite.............

I gather that the list of concierge services that 'Karen s' has listed is really for those eligible for the CL. The concierge who serves those only qualified to be in the DL, probably doesn't provide this same list of services.

We cruise when we can and on what we can, for sure. But even on our last Her Majesty cruise, we were taken care of very, very nicely by the Hotel Manager and the Food and Beverage Manager. I can't imagine what more could have been done for us.

We are cruising on Indy in a few weeks, so we'll see what we need, IF we need anything....but it is nice to now know.

In my experience, a manager trumps a concierge. A lot less people have access to them

Below is what was in an email from the concierge about a week out from sail date on my cruise last month. It is very similar to other emails I've received prior to sailing in a suite.

As a special VIP guest you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard Explorer of the Seas. For your

convenience, here is a brief summary of those services:

· Use of the Concierge Lounge, located on Deck 9 aft and the over flow lounge the 19th hole bar on deck 14

from 5:00pm to 8:30pm daily for cocktails .

· Spa Bathrobes for use onboard.

· Upgraded amenities for the bathroom.

· Complimentary Pressing on the first formal night (available for the outfit you will wear on the first formal night)

· Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 7:00 am to 10:00 am.

· Suite guest’s private breakfast at Portofino restaurant 7:30am to 9:30 am during port days and 8:00 am to 10:00 am while at sea. Also during lunch time at the Windjammer

Café, meal can be also enjoyed inside the Portofino dining area

using the main entrance of the restaurant. (Please see your service personnel for directions).

· Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup served in the Concierge Lounge on deck 9 aft and 19th HOLE, on deck 14 every evening

before and after dinner from 5:00pm to 8:30pm.. an over flow lounge is set up on deck 14 in the 19th hole bar for your enjoyment

· Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering for your dinner wine.(Concierge Lounge, Deck 9)

· Full Dining Room room-service privilege (available when Dining Room is open)

· Reservations for our specialty restaurant, sports activities, Explorations!, Salon and Spa appointments

(depending on time availability), etc.

· Arrangements for private parties.

· DVD's and Games for PS3 for your use while onboard ( Can be borrowed during the Concierge posted hours)

· Limited VIP lounge chair set-up near the pool bar area between decks 11 & 12.

· Port& Shopping advice.

· Business services such as faxes, copies, etc.

· Limited VIP seats for production shows and ice shows. (Please show Cruise Director’s staffs your gold colored SeaPass card at

the entrance 20 minutes prior to the show).

· Please refer to your muster station number for your assigned Ice Spectacular show time or see your Concierge for more information.

· As a special VIP guest, we are pleased to offer you access to the Barefoot Beach Club & Cabanas, a private beach located in Labadee.

Located on Barefoot Bay, this exclusive experience is only available to our suite guest with gold colored sea pass cards. Simply show your

sea pass card to the Island Concierge at the entrance.

· The Barefoot Beach Club & Cabanas (if rented) offers complimentary non-motorized water sports equipment (floating mats &

snorkeling equipment) in addition to an upgraded lunch menu and service from Suite Beach Attendants.

· For the ultimate way to relax in luxury, why not reserve one of the cabanas for the day? Featuring beautiful views and dedicated cabana

attendant’s service. The cabanas at Barefoot Beach Club are a not to be missed experience. Reservations are limited so please contact

your Concierge for more details & charges.

The Concierge Lounge is a private area accessible on a 24-hour basis, with your suite key you will have access. The Concierge Lounge

has been designated a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the lounge

(no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). To ensure all our guests are able to enjoy this exclusive lounge we require that all guests 20 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

For any DINING ROOM REQUEST please reply to this email and I'll be more than happy to assist you .

Please contact the HOSPITALITY DESK after clearing the security check at the terminal for a quick check in

Definitely a suite letter, I have not seen this as a D+, we did get a watered down version when we stayed in B&J Sweet two years ago

I gather that the list of concierge services that 'Karen s' has listed is really for those eligible for the CL. The concierge who serves those only qualified to be in the DL, probably doesn't provide this same list of services.

Yes, that list was for CL services for suite guests.