NCL Jost Van Dyke excursion.

TavelRN

Does anyone know if this is still offered? I see it on the NCL website, but it is not offered on my Getaway cruise. Has anyone ever done this excursion? Did you like it? Were you satisfied with the amount of time spent on the island?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Do you know if some excursions only become available closer to the actual cruise date.? I really want to go to JVD, without having to deal with all the logistics in getting there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Did it a few years ago (was on my bucket list) Sea was a bit rough and getting from ship to shore a little difficult, though you could use life preserver. Did not go in the water due to sea conditions. Just relaxed on the beach and drank Soggy Dollars. If thats not your thing, not much else to do there

• 2 weeks later...

Did this a few years ago. Water was rough from ship to beach. Take a walk down the beach and you will find a vendor that allows you to make your own painkiller. Twice the size of the popular bar most people sat at. They were all jealous of our drinks and the price we paid..:eek::D

How long is the ride to JVD from the ship? Thx

We have gone twice. It depends on what type of boat ncl uses to transport you to Jvd. The first time it was a slow boat and took 40 minutes. The 2 nod time it was a jet boat and took 20 minutes. Each time was awesome. It really is a relaxing and fun excursion that we will do every time we go to Tortola. It is our favorite excursion ever. The 2nd time it was not online on ncl as as offered. I emailed the person at ncl in charge of excursions and she got it on line ASAP. I don't remember her name though.