Carnival Cruise Lines now Carnival Cruise Line

MCFTJCH2V

I can't believe how far people are reading into this. We'll all still just keep calling them "Carnival". For example, did you know it's Delta Air Lines, not Delta Airlines? Imagine for a second that they changed it to the latter, would it really mean much? Personally I think Carnival Cruise Line sounds better. When you think about it, singular is more appropriate. There aren't multiple Carnival Cruise Lines, its one line. Then Carnival Corp the parent company, of course.

As others have said, given the new branding and ads coming out soon, this doesn't surprise me. Great time to polish up things like this.

But this is part of the problem on CruiseCritic, next thing we know someone will be saying that "Carnival dropped the S and is now doing such and such" and then John Heald will be on Facebook disputing it and subtly mentioning how silly these rumours are. Oh well!

o we can't u e the " " anymore? That' going to make it really difficult to type. I'm o u ed to pelling out the entire word . Doe thi take effect immediately, or i there ome grace period to drop the " "?

I can't believe how far people are reading into this. We'll all still just keep calling them "Carnival". For example, did you know it's Delta Air Lines, not Delta Airlines? Imagine for a second that they changed it to the latter, would it really mean much? Personally I think Carnival Cruise Line sounds better. When you think about it, singular is more appropriate. There aren't multiple Carnival Cruise Lines, its one line. Then Carnival Corp the parent company, of course.

As others have said, given the new branding and ads coming out soon, this doesn't surprise me. Great time to polish up things like this.

But this is part of the problem on CruiseCritic, next thing we know someone will be saying that "Carnival dropped the S and is now doing such and such" and then John Heald will be on Facebook disputing it and subtly mentioning how silly these rumours are. Oh well!

Agreed

I'll bet this whole thing started when some secretary (at Carnival) with a defective typewriter said "Hey! I've got a great idea!":rolleyes:

Typewriter? Are there even any still around?😋

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Disney did the same thing a little while ago, changing the name Disney's California Adventure to Disney California Adventure.

Whatever good reasons companies have for doing this is mostly lost on their customer base, but some exec. Is smiling that their idea got through.