AFT Wraps Premium Vista Balconies

LUVS2CRUZE

We are trying to decide if one side of the ship is better than the other for these rooms. Also in June going to the Caribbean how hot do the AFT extended balconies get. We want to get the Wrap and a couple next to it but we are worried about the heat.

First being an official "aft snob", I would love to have a Vista or aft rap again. Yes it does get hot back there at certain times of day, and there is a lack of air movement, but the view alone is SO nice. If you like to sit out at night, you can't beat an aft!

My opinion, of course!;)

We had one on a Mexico cruise and the room itself was very hot. The cabin had no overhang for shade and with the extra windows the sun beat out the AC. We closed up the shades in the AM when we went on deck, but it still didn't help much. After dark we propped open the cabin door and balcony door, which created a pretty good wind tunnel that made the cabin bearable for sleeping. DW almost got heat stroke blow drying her hair for dinner.

That being said, I would book it again in a minute. The huge balcony was sufficient for a party of 30 people. These would be great cabins for Alaska.

We were on the Spirit and I can't recall the cabin number. The layout of the cabin wasn't anything special. But the cabin is all about the aft wrap.

deck 4 will be the choice but it is the most sought after suite. these are covered.

Do not take deck 5 as this is not a true suite but one big room

Aft balconies tend to be warm., There is no ocean breezes back there like the side. Keep the cabin curtains closed to keep the cabin warm

have you seen the balconies on 6232 or 7258 or 8232?

Edited by serene56

We are trying to decide if one side of the ship is better than the other for these rooms. Also in June going to the Caribbean how hot do the AFT extended balconies get. We want to get the Wrap and a couple next to it but we are worried about the heat.

We have had aft wraps on many ships - which are you considering?? I might have pictures I could share. ;)

We too are "aft wrappers"! There are some negatives - but in our opinion that balcony and the aft views FAR outweigh all of them!

We love aft wraps and have booked them on several ships. We try to get an aft wrap that has at least a portion of the side of the ship (we don't care, port or starboard) that is covered - that way we can enjoy the balcony when the uncovered portion of the balcony is too hot to enjoy. One suggestion on booking cabins - see if you can book the side balcony cabin just forward of the wrap. If you can open the divider between the two cabins, you will have ample space covered and uncovered. We did that on Glory - booked aft wrap 8455 and adjoining starboard cabin 8449. We had an awesome balcony.:cool:

Edited to add: When booking adjoining balconies, you'll want to ensure that you can open the balcony dividers. As an example, on Conquest-class ships you cannot open the divider between the deck 8 aft wraps and the next door extended aft balcony.

Edited by nybumpkin

We have had aft wraps on many ships - which are you considering?? I might have pictures I could share. ;)

We too are "aft wrappers"! There are some negatives - but in our opinion that balcony and the aft views FAR outweigh all of them!

We are looking at the Glory and the Splendor. If you have any pictures that would be GREAT! Also I seem to remember a website that you could go to that will tell you information on each cabin...i.e. will the balcony divider open...

Thanks everyone for your responses.

We are looking at the Glory and the Splendor. If you have any pictures that would be GREAT! Also I seem to remember a website that you could go to that will tell you information on each cabin...i.e. will the balcony divider open...

We were not aware of afts when we cruise the Glory :o....but I definitely have photos of 6450 on the Splendor at home. Will post them for your tonight! ;)

Aft wrap 6485 on the Splendor - awesome room. We had privacy on the side section, and the shade moved around. The door from the room to the balcony was directly aft

p1814057728-3.jpg

p1723258699-3.jpg

p1620895793-3.jpg

p1875780403-3.jpg

Room was over the R in Splendor. We had 2 lounge chairs, 4 regular chairs and 2 of those little tables.

p1635468865-3.jpg

We are looking at the Glory and the Splendor. If you have any pictures that would be GREAT! Also I seem to remember a website that you could go to that will tell you information on each cabin...i.e. will the balcony divider open...s.

oh-- then pay no attention to my post above.

Spirit class is the only ships that have the Vista suites on the corner afts

these are true suites where the cabin is broken into rooms-- one sitting room and the other bedroom

Aft wrap 6485 on the Splendor - awesome room. We had privacy on the side section, and the shade moved around. The door from the room to the balcony was directly aft

p1814057728-3.jpg

p1723258699-3.jpg

p1620895793-3.jpg

p1875780403-3.jpg

Room was over the R in Splendor. We had 2 lounge chairs, 4 regular chairs and 2 of those little tables.

p1635468865-3.jpg

In this Cabin, can the dividers be opened to access the balconies on both sides?

These pictures are great, Thanks!

Sorry....I don't have any of the cabin itself. 😞 For us - it's ALL about the balcony.

But....if you go to cruise line rooms dot com there are a couple of photos of 6450 posted there that might help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:cool:

Edited to add: When booking adjoining balconies, you'll want to ensure that you can open the balcony dividers. As an example, on Conquest-class ships you cannot open the divider between the deck 8 aft wraps and the next door extended aft balcony.

Actually we did book the Aft Wrap and the Bowling Alley balcony on the Liberty in June 2013 and we DID get the divider open for a mega balcony, so it can be done on at least one Conquest class ship. Balcony 7434 (bowling alley cat. 8B) and Aft Wrap 7440. :)

I would post pictures, but somehow CC won't accept any of my pics anymore. :confused:

Actually we did book the Aft Wrap and the Bowling Alley balcony on the Liberty in June 2013 and we DID get the divider open for a mega balcony, so it can be done on at least one Conquest class ship. Balcony 7434 (bowling alley cat. 8B) and Aft Wrap 7440. :)

I would post pictures, but somehow CC won't accept any of my pics anymore. :confused:

I was referring to the aft balcony next to the wrap - not the bowling alley on the side next to the aft wrap. We've booked the aft wrap and the bowling alley, and it's an awesome balcony with the divider open.:D However, if you book the deck 8 aft wrap, the next door aft balcony won't have a partition that opens.