Jewel spa pass experiences? Please share.

CCcruiser3366

The spa is beautiful. The pass allows you to use the hot tubs, sauna, steam room and the heated loungers which are amazing. I loved the spa there, it is the best one I have seen. I have been on Disney, Celebrity and Royal. Enjoy! I loved the hot tubs and the heated lounge chairs. That made it worth it to me.

Agreed--we loved it. The spa is in front of the ship, and you have great, virtually unobstructed views. The coed part was never close to full (this was over Christmas, when the ship was full), and the men's side was usually empty.

Which parts of the spa are co-ed? I'm thinking that this might be nice for my mom and dad, but they would only want to go if they could be together. Is it worth it to just use the co-ed parts? Are you allowed in any time of the day, sea days and port days? :)

There is a huge hot tub and there are heated tile lounge chairs. You also get a beautiful view of the ocean. They will love it!

Thank you! It sounds wonderful! If you buy a week-long pass, what are the hours of operation?

Would also like to know when to purchase it. I looked on the My NCL website and could not see how to pre-pay before the cruise.

I called NCL today. I was informed that it has to be purchased onboard. You can buy day passes and full cruise passes. She wouldn't tell me how much though.

Silly question I've always wondered about the heated loungers - is it really steamy in that room at the front? I remember seeing the loungers on a tour, but didn't think about it at the time - would I be able to read on an iPad without worrying about it being damaged by moisture. (see, told you it might be silly)

Thinking about the Spa pass on our next trip on the Jewel. The last time we cruised at Spring Break the weather was a bit cooler and wetter than I would have liked and the beach was not a lot of fun.

Edited by Tricialy

Silly question I've always wondered about the heated loungers - is it really steamy in that room at the front? I remember seeing the loungers on a tour, but didn't think about it at the time - would I be able to read on an iPad without worrying about it being damaged by moisture. (see, told you it might be silly)

Thinking about the Spa pass on our next trip on the Jewel. The last time we cruised at Spring Break the weather was a bit cooler and wetter than I would have liked and the beach was not a lot of fun.

It's a dry heat - no moisture.

I took my iPad one time and my nook the other times. No steam at all. No problems with any moisture. I would not take it in the steam room located in the men and ladies side. Enjoy! Beautiful views and relaxation.

We were on the Pearl for a 10 day over Christmas/New Years, got the spa package for the 10 days and enjoyed every minute of it! DH and I booked last minute and got a great deal, so that and ultimate dining was our splurge!

We have just booked the Jewel for 3/22 and will probably look into the spa again if the price is right. We don't enjoy the whirlpool on the regular decks.... way too crowded for us. We really enjoy the privacy of the spa.

We were on the Pearl for a 10 day over Christmas/New Years, got the spa package for the 10 days and enjoyed every minute of it! DH and I booked last minute and got a great deal, so that and ultimate dining was our splurge!

We have just booked the Jewel for 3/22 and will probably look into the spa again if the price is right. We don't enjoy the whirlpool on the regular decks.... way too crowded for us. We really enjoy the privacy of the spa.

How much was the 10 day pass?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Was wondering if there was an indoor lap pool in the spa...as part of the pass? Thanks

No there is not a lap pool. On the mens and ladies side there is a Steam Room a Dry Sauna a cold dip tub and a tropical rain shower. along with 2 regular shower stalls. in the co ed area there is a large hot tub with build in loungers and the stone heated lounge chaises. I was on the Jewel a couple weeks ago and purchased the week pass for 149.00 daily pass is $40 a day. Well worth it. I think it opens around 6 or 7 am and I know it closes at 11 pm. On the last day it closed early at 9 pm. If you want a weekly pass you need to buy it on the first day. They only sell like 100 weekly passes. The entire week I never saw more than 2 or 3 people in there when I was there. Most evenings I had the place pretty much to myself. I never used the tiny shower in the room all week. I would spend time in the spa and shower there and got on with my day and would revisit later in the evening on most days. It was VERY relaxing.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a very similar thing on our last Holland cruise. There is nothing like sitting in those heated chairs after being in port all day. I am pretty sure I fell asleep in them almost every day. It was the best money we spent on that cruise.