Last day at our Cruise - a short review

hallasm

The positive stories about Quantum of the Seas are a bit rare on Cruise Critic. If not everything is as usual, it's not good!

Quantum of the Seas is a gift to us being positive about trying something new and exciting based on today's technology.

We are on the last day of the 12 Nights Southern Caribbean Cruise from Cape Liberty, Bayonne, and we were also on the 8 Nights November Transatlantic Maiden Voyage from Southampton to Cape Liberty, Bayonne.

We acknowledge, that there are things that can be done better, but our very clear impression is, that work is in progress with the problems, and many of the problems we experienced at the TA Maiden Voyage has now been solved.

To introduce something new - to be the pioneer is always risky, but daring to risk is very brave. If no one dares nothing new happens.

The cabins are lovely, the service in the cabins as always top notch, the internet now works perfectly (free on this trip) and we streamed TV and were on Facetime with family at home.

Impressive shows, especially Mamma Mia and Starwater, friendly and welcoming staff, lovely decorated public areas like The VIA, nice decor, stylish and modern design.

We had not booked tables in the restaurants before the cruise (some problems with the reservation system). Most reservations were made ​​with Royal iQ App as well as some at the entrance to the restaurant.

Most evenings we did get the time which suited us, and we saw no queues at the entrances to the restaurants. Basically, we really liked the concept Dynamic Dining - being able to choose from several restaurants and could choose the time that best suits. All restaurants have many dishes to choose from and every night is an extra 'daily menu' embedded in the menu card.

There are still challenges to Dynamic Dining to function optimally - management's focus should be on getting the reservation system work better. So will the restaurants' capacity also be better utilized, and it will spread to more satisfied employees and therefore happy guests.

Are you innovative set, we highly recommend a holiday with Quantum of the Seas.

I will add more comprehensive review, as well as pictures and videos from the cruise, at my blog - link to blog. (work in progress).

Thank you so much for your review - and totally agree about keeping open mind and new experiences.

Will be on the 11night in February - can you give me an idea of how the weather was on the days to and from the Caribbean - realizing of course can definitely change.

I know that you have free internet which I do not expect to remain - was there any info as to whether they offer unlimited and the rates?

Thank you again - enjoy your remaining cruise and safe journey home

Here is the temperature for the days at Sea - Day 2 and 12 a bit chilly, while Day 3 was fine. Day 12 is cold!

Day 1- Bayonne: 23 F; Day 2 - at Sea: 68 F; Day 3 - at Sea: 80 F

Day 10: 73 F; Day 11: 75 F and Day 12: 60 F.

We enjoyed the free internet and no info about the reason for the unlimited usage.

All restaurants have many dishes to choose from and every night is an extra 'daily menu' embedded in the menu card

Does this mean they are adding daily specials or is this the always available simple taste menu available in all the restaurants?

Does this mean they are adding daily specials or is this the always available simple taste menu available in all the restaurants?

I was wondering the same thing? I am guessing they are the daily specials.

The Daily Special is added as an insert while the Simple Tasting menu is included in the menu card for the complementary restaurants: Grande, Chic, American Icon Grill and Silk

We found the menus varied enough for a 12 day cruise

Thank you for posting and I am happy you enjoyed the sailing.

Did they go ahead and change Divinly Decadence immediately to a complementary venue on your sailing?

If it was complementary, did they change the concept?

I was mainly hoping that they had maintained reservations or at least host/hostess seating at lunch as it was so well done when I was onboard in November. They were even seating guests at breakfast at that time and I hope they continue.

Did you notice if they have started taking lunch reservations at Jamie's Italian?

Hope that sombody else can help answer the question from MADflyer.

I do not have the full picture.

It's my understanding that theys changed Divinly Decadence after 3 days to a complementary venue.

No reservatiosn at Jamie's Italian for Lunch.

Edited by hallasm

Thank you for posting the temps while at sea. We are leaving tomorrow when you return and I was wondering what to expect!

DreaAST, Enjoy your cruise. We did have a fantastic cruise. We did also enjoy the concept of Dynamic Dining.

Did they go ahead and change Divinly Decadence immediately to a complementary venue on your sailing?

If it was complementary, did they change the concept?

I was mainly hoping that they had maintained reservations or at least host/hostess seating at lunch as it was so well done when I was onboard in November. They were even seating guests at breakfast at that time and I hope they continue.

Did you notice if they have started taking lunch reservations at Jamie's Italian?

We just got off the January 11 sailing. We had prebooked and planned on paying for our first nights dinner at Divinely Decadence. Read on cc that day that Divinely Decadence was becoming comp restaurant and indeed while dining that evening the matre'd informed us we would be refunded our money. We enjoyed the dinner so much we went back for lunch and another dinner later on in the cruise. We also enjoyed Jamies so much we ate lunch there twice and dinner once. Any questions, just ask.

Susan