Got an upgrade but.....

LaurieHoffman

We had booked an oceanview obstructed and picked our room e504.

Just received an 'upgrade' notice today and were upgraded to an unobstructed oceanview but e710 - more aft than I have ever been. Looks like a minor upgrade. Above us in the new room is more rooms but below us is Club Fusion. Will we hear load music from the club? And having never been on in the aft of a ship not sure about motion. We are doing the 7 night coastal from Los Angeles on March 28th.

Just received an 'upgrade' notice today and were upgraded to an unobstructed oceanview but e710 - more aft than I have ever been. Looks like a minor upgrade. Above us in the new room is more rooms but below us is Club Fusion. Will we hear load music from the club? And having never been on in the aft of a ship not sure about motion. We are doing the 7 night coastal from Los Angeles on March 28th.

What ship?

Which ship? I'm guessing the Crown because the Golden has a Vista Lounge.

We had E711 on the Royal which was over the entrance to Club Fusion & some nights could "feel" the music but not too bad. Sailing a CA Coastal you're not on the Royal but it's a similar location on other Princess ships. We didn't experience any other sounds & my very mal de mer prone wife had no problems with the motion.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We were far aft (in an inside) a couple of cruises ago on the Golden, but I did fine (and I'm susceptible to motion plus it was the Hawaiian cruise which has rough seas).

The cruise before that, on the Golden again, we were midships on the Emerald deck and we were over a lounge (the grand atrium so no decks between Plaza and us), and we could hear some muffled singing in the evenings. No biggie for us and it stopped by 11:30, but I can see how some passengers may have a problem with that. We would have absolutely booked the same cabin if it was available again, but it was booked.

Since the Crown and Ruby are very similar, if not identical, I'd say it's a really good upgrade since you went from obstructed to unobstructed ocean view. I have E701 booked for my 28 day cruise to Tahiti and have seen photos. Great cabin and great location, especially if you have traditional dining.