Tampa Restaurants

Littlebeachlover

We will be in Tampa Valentine's Day before sailing on the the 15th....any recommendations in a restaurant for a nice dinner?

I would skip dinner and go out for a nice, long late lunch around 3PM or so.

Valentine's Day is known in the industry as amateur night. Anywhere you go you can expect long waits and mediocre service.

That said my first pick in Tampa is Columbia in Ybor City. Spanish/Cuban at its finest.

Berns's

if you can still get a reservation

http://www.bernssteakhouse.com/

one of the top 10 steak houses in the US, a HUGE wine cellar

TAMPA - If you're in the mood for a mighty good steak, Tampa Bay dwellers won't have to go too far, because the city has one of the best steakhouses in the country, according the Gayot .

Gayot, (bitly link: http://*******/Hohiyy) a publication that's reviewed restaurants, hotels and travel since 1969, rated the top ten steakhouses in America, and Bern's Steak House of Tampa, Fla. topped the list!

To be fair, we should mention that being the list topper was a result of the restaurants being listed in alphabetical order.

you can tour the kitchen and the wine cellar; and don't forget to tell them you'll want to go to the desert room too

I would skip dinner and go out for a nice, long late lunch around 3PM or so.

Valentine's Day is known in the industry as amateur night. Anywhere you go you can expect long waits and mediocre service.

That said my first pick in Tampa is Columbia in Ybor City. Spanish/Cuban at its finest.

You told someone else who wanted to see the everglades not to go there, now you tell this person who wants to go out to dinner, not to go out to dinner. What helpful posts......................:rolleyes:

FYI for OP, if there is one close, Millers Ale House is good and reasonable:)

We ate at Columbia's Sarasota location a couple months ago. One of the most over priced, mediocre, over-rated places we've ever been too......

Edited by bouhunter

You told someone else who wanted to see the everglades not to go there, now you tell this person who wants to go out to dinner, not to go out to dinner. What helpful posts......................:rolleyes:

FYI for OP, if there is one close, Millers Ale House is good and reasonable:)

We ate at Columbia's Sarasota location a couple months ago. One of the most over priced, mediocre, over-rated places we've ever been too......

And Miller's Ale House for a 'nice' dinner? And your post was helpful how?

We used to eat at the Sarasota Columbia all the time and it was always excellent. Sometimes good restaurants can have an off night.

If you lived down here, you'd know exactly what I'm speaking of when I suggest to people to avoid the Everglades in hot weather months. If you call ENP, they will tell you the same thing but heck, what does a National Park Ranger IN Florida know about the Everglades?

Edited by BlueHerons

Add my vote for Columbia in Ybor city. I make it a point to go there every time I'm in the area and have never been disappointed. The setting service and food are awesome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

if thinking about Bern's you need to call NOW

I'd not be surprised to hear they are already fully booked.

Same probably applies to Columbia but of the two, I go out of my way to hit Bern while if I'm with someone who really wants Columbia I'll go with no complaints, esp for a Paella fix ... now for LUNCH I'll go Columbia for a better than average Cuban sandwich in a nice place ... but you can get good Cuban's at corner shops too ... and Columbia has a 'cafe' location down at RiverWalk

Grown in Chicago I'm just a steak lover as is dw

Edited by Capt_BJ

if thinking about Bern's you need to call NOW

I'd not be surprised to hear they are already fully booked.

Same probably applies to Columbia but of the two, I go out of my way to hit Bern while if I'm with someone who really wants Columbia I'll go with no complaints, esp for a Paella fix ... now for LUNCH I'll go Columbia for a better than average Cuban sandwich in a nice place ... but you can get good Cuban's at corner shops too ... and Columbia has a 'cafe' location down at RiverWalk

Grown in Chicago I'm just a steak lover as is dw

We haven't been to Berns in a while but every single time you mention it, my mouth waters!:D

Yes, Chart House would be great or Armani's is also very nice in that area with amazing views (top of the Hyatt). If all of them are already full, you can't go wrong in the area around International Plaza and the restaurants across the street from the Plaza- Ocean Prime, Capitol Grille, Coopers Hawk Winery, Del Friscos ( just opened and has a rooftop bar), Eddie V's, etc....

Although, IMO, there is nothing wrong with a couple beers and two spoons with a Captain Jack's Buried Treasure from Miller's Ale House for V-day 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A couple of other possibilities:

*Ulele, a great new restaurant on the river. Been open for 6 months or so, food and atmosphere are top notch.

*Columbia Café; a satellite operation of the famous restaurant. Located in the Tampa History Center, it's a mostly outdoor patio place overlooking the river. Scaled down menu of the main restaurant, but has most of their more famous dishes. If the weather is nice, it's a great place for a light dinner & a glass of wine/beer.