Hotel recommendations in FLL to spend a few days without car

Ivy drive

Although there are many posts for hotels (bit overwhelming and time consuming to go through :confused: )

I am looking for a hotel walking distance or inexpensive cab ride for things to do. We will be arriving very late on 2/11 into FLL airport then have until Saturday before cruise. We will not have a car until Thursday night or Friday when our travel companion arrives. So..... I guess I am looking for a hotel not necessarily close to cruise port. Because it is 3 nights would like to try to stay under $250 if possible (shuttle from airport, free parking and/or breakfast bonus)

Thank you!!!

Although there are many posts for hotels (bit overwhelming and time consuming to go through :confused: )

I am looking for a hotel walking distance or inexpensive cab ride for things to do. We will be arriving very late on 2/11 into FLL airport then have until Saturday before cruise. We will not have a car until Thursday night or Friday when our travel companion arrives. So..... I guess I am looking for a hotel not necessarily close to cruise port. Because it is 3 nights would like to try to stay under $250 if possible (shuttle from airport, free parking and/or breakfast bonus)

Thank you!!!

PILLARS - A class hotel just to chill and relax.

PILLARS - A class hotel just to chill and relax.

I agree it is a fantastic hotel but not sure it is in the OP's price range.

OP, do you want to be close to the beach? If so see if the Courtyard Marriott is within your budget.

If not the beach, look at The Riverside Hotel.

The Bahia Mar may also work on the beach and it is on the water taxi route.

Up the street a little but very walkable is the Doubletree Gallery One.

Maybe look at Stirling Rd hotels just east of I-95. You'll be able to walk to Oakwood Plaza, where there are discount stores, chain restaurants, movies, and Dave & Busters. Parking is free and most hotels have free airport shuttle and free breakfast. It's not the coolest or nicest area to hang out but it has what you are asking for.

Hilton Garden Inn

Hampton Inn

Hyatt Place

Hyatt House

The most fun area to wander around is downtown Ft Lauderdale, but Hampton Inn is already booked. Riverside Hotel is also booked up and charges for parking.

If you stay in the main beach area, downtown is a very short taxi or suntrolley ride, but it's hard to find free parking and breakfast, and there are no free airport shuttles.

The most fun area to wander around is downtown Ft Lauderdale, but Hampton Inn is already booked. Riverside Hotel is also booked up and charges for parking.

Sharon, I spoke to the GM of the Riverside a couple of days ago and he told me all the local hotels are setting occupancy and ADR (average daily rate) records.

I'm not surprised at all, the beach was packed yesterday and the local restaurants are also.

Sharon, I spoke to the GM of the Riverside a couple of days ago and he told me all the local hotels are setting occupancy and ADR (average daily rate) records.

I'm not surprised at all, the beach was packed yesterday and the local restaurants are also.

Yes, this means that the prices will remain high throughout the season, as demand is high, and supply is very low at some hotels. The roads and restaurants are so busy! Even Bayview Drive was backed up today! I ate lunch at Kaluz and it was busy indoors and out.

There are plans to close Boomers and build a mega commercial shopping/dining center that goes from there to Stirling Rd. This will make the Stirling Rd hotels even more desirable, so there may be even more built in that area. It would be a nice place to own land!:D

Edited by royalcruz

Thank you! I will look again over the weekend - we would love to be near water taxi, shopping or beach - any of those so we are not stuck in airport or cruise port with nothing to do for a few days.

So, you said that you don't want to neccessarily be near the port. Did you know that the port is near water taxi, shopping, and beach? The least expensive hotels in that area are usually Hyatt Place Convention Center, Holiday Inn Express Convention Center, and Extended Stay.

A hotel in a different area that has water taxi, shopping, and 3 blocks to beach is Gallery One. Sometimes deals are offered on Last Minute Travel for that one. But they don't include shuttles, parking, or breakfast. Neither do most beach hotels, but at the beach Bahia Mar is usually a very good price.

Edited by royalcruz

I agree it is a fantastic hotel but not sure it is in the OP's price range.

OP, do you want to be close to the beach? If so see if the Courtyard Marriott is within your budget.

If not the beach, look at The Riverside Hotel.

The Bahia Mar may also work on the beach and it is on the water taxi route.

Up the street a little but very walkable is the Doubletree Gallery One.

What is OP? :)

We like the 17th St. area- both Holiday Inn Express and Embassy Suites are there.

We walk to shopping and restaurants and there is a Sun Trolley one can use also. There is a website for that.

We often stay at HIEx and walk to Embassy Suites for lunch on the patio.

Thank you! I will look again over the weekend - we would love to be near water taxi, shopping or beach - any of those so we are not stuck in airport or cruise port with nothing to do for a few days.

Well we have stayed at most of the popular hotels in Ft. Lauderdale and the Gallery One has been our favorite. Not sure of the price during your stay but it definitely fits all of your needs. Water Taxi at back entrance, next to Galleria Mall, and about 3 blocks across waterway bridge to beach. Also rooms are suites.

We love Embassy Suites 17th Street as well! Awesome breakfast, beautiful relaxing pool area and a 2 hour manager's reception that includes complimentary drinks and bar snacks. It's located near many restaurants and shopping areas. The Sun Trolley stops right near the hotel and will take you over the bridge to the beach, more shopping, restaurants ect.

Thank you!!!

Hi, We are booked at the Hyatt Place Convention Ctr. It's address is on SE 10th Ave. I made the reservation a week ago and got rooms for just over $200 per nite. We stayed there last year and thought it was a great location. Plenty of restaurants and shopping within walking distance and a short cab ride to the Port. Check it out.