Flight out of Orlando

lola61

Flight 11:45a out of Orlando from Port Canaveral, realistic??

I honestly would never do this, it would be very hard and you would have to get off the ship very early to make it there the 2 hours before your flight to get checked I and through security. We have hit road blocks from fires, accidents, traffic that can cause a significant delay. Do you really want to be stressed out trying to get home?

I honestly would never do this, it would be very hard and you would have to get off the ship very early to make it there the 2 hours before your flight to get checked I and through security. We have hit road blocks from fires, accidents, traffic that can cause a significant delay. Do you really want to be stressed out trying to get home?

Not us, our friends. Tried to tell them too early.:eek:

I agree that it is too early. Personally, I'd never do before 1pm same day post cruise. The stress to make it would undo any benefits of the previous cruise vacation!

Traffic issues along the Bee line could be an issue,

and Orlando Airport security lines can be AWFUL. I've been through them in as few as 15 minutes or as long as an hour.

The good news is, Orlando is a fun airport. I don't mind hanging out there at all. Peace of mind...leave later.

I would not book a flight before 12:30, the absolute earliest. It is 45 min from port to MCO on a good day. If the ship comes in late, has a custom's check, or you hit traffic, it will be tight, and not worth the worry after a great vacation. I would rather sit at the airport for a while than stress.

Flight 11:45a out of Orlando from Port Canaveral, realistic??

In order to be safe, you would have to be at the airport by 10:45am. That means leaving Port Canaveral by 9:45am. This mean in the car, van, bus, truck ... and on the road by 9:45am.

So, can it be done? Yes. Would I try it? No. The basic problem with early flights (from any port) is what happens if the ship is late or departure is delayed? What is your plan B if you miss the 11:45am flight?

Last time I left Port Canaveral I had a 6:50pm flight. The next time I leave Port Canaveral I'll have a 5:10pm flight. I take the ship excursion to the Kennedy Space Center to fill up the time.

We made a 11:55 flight without issues. However that being said, it depends on if all goes smoothly with the debark. We were on the Carnival Ecstasy so it being a smaller ship there are less passengers to get off so that probably helped. I think we did self assist and were in an earlier debark zone because of our early flight. We used the cruiseline transfer and we were at the airport by 10am.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

doable only if EVERY thing goes well. I wouldn't try it. We were only able to book a 7 pm flight back in December because I wouldn't book the 11. The Hyatt at MCO has very reasonable $99 day rates. We decided to do that. It was wonderful. We had an interior room which gives you a balcony over the concourse. We people watched from the room, watched what we wanted to on TV, got a great nap, and yes did walk the stores a little bit.

Sure I would have preferred the early flight to get home, but wouldn't do the stress to worry about getting to the airport and the TSA lines. Remember MCO is horrible with all the families who have little kids, and aren't sure what do or go. I'm not bashing kids/families, it just true they don't fly as much and have lots of stuff to amuse the kiddos. More stuff = long search times

If they continue with this flight time, then they are going to have to self disembark and be ready to leave the ship early. Their transportation will have to be prearranged for the early time as well.

I have personally been in a 45 minute line at TSA in Orlando, no way to predict what will happen. They may also want to just go with carry ons.

Finally, they need to know exactly what tickets they are buying and the restrictions and what they are going to have to do, if they miss the flight. They should not plan on getting out the same day.

Not us, our friends. Tried to tell them too early.:eek:

You watch, they will be lucky, get there with ample time, then ask you what the problem was;)

I wouldn't book a flight from MCO without an adequate cushion even if it made me wait an extra hour or two. MCO security can be brutal. Lots of families there getting home from their Disney week.