Cove Balcony OR Regular Balcony - $200 less for COVE

wnorman

We never had a Cove, but I've heard on here that in bad weather they lock the door to the balcony. Anyone else heard this?

Yes, but it has to be severe. We always sail coves on Dream class and never had an issue. The view is amazing.

I love the Cove balcony. We had one on the Magic in the Med a few years ago and just booked one again next June on the Vista.It is my favorite type balcony. I love being close to the water and leaving our door open at night so we can hear the sea.:D

Cove on Dream was the best ocean view balcony we have had, bar none. Loved being down low, the seclusion of the balcony was great. Other favorite, the last room over the Aqua Theater on the Allure of the Seas. If offered, I would take a cove on any ship over all others - and the fact that it is the cheapest is great - I would pay more for a cove!

We've never had a cove balcony before but I have heard very little negative about them! I'm going with my mom and she prefers a balcony so this will be perfect for us. A balcony without the big balcony cost! I think it is worth it, but it doesn't look like it would be great for sun. I could be wrong though since I haven't had one.

Cove on Dream was the best ocean view balcony we have had, bar none. Loved being down low, the seclusion of the balcony was great. Other favorite, the last room over the Aqua Theater on the Allure of the Seas. If offered, I would take a cove on any ship over all others - and the fact that it is the cheapest is great - I would pay more for a cove!

Shhhhhh, bite your tonque. I love the cove.

I thought about booking it as I've never heard anyone who actually sailed them say anything negative about them, but when I saw a couple of video's on YouTube and saw that the lifeboats were right on top of them, it seemed they do block some of the view so I went with a regular balcony.

We had the coves on the Dream and the Breeze. My wife would choose these over the regular balcony. They are somewhat shaded because of the life boats which is fine for us. The view is great and you have privacy. It seems like you are close to the ocean but in reality you are still about 40 feet above the water. Some of the cove balcony's dividers open but you'll have to contact your pvp to see which ones. As far as the waves crashing onto the balcony, very very unlikely. As I said, we would choose a cove balcony over a regular any day even if they were priced the same.