Activity Managers onboard Royal Ships

Updated 3/18/18

What Activity Manager have you come across? Ifyou can find out how long the Activity Manager on board is remaining with theship, it would be greatly appreciated…..EVERYONE’s help is needed. Thanks! Anyone who can share information about ourActivity Managers, PLEASE do so.

****Adventure OTS – Daniel Dornas will continue on AM when theship finishes her drydock until April, he has told me.

****Allure OTS – Grant Martin is back onboard as of 1/28 for 4months.

****Anthem OTS – Caroline Peters should have joined the ship on2/9/18 until Tornado Tanya comes onboard in April. Tornado Tanya has confirmedvia FB that she goes boards Anthem on April 7. Is Caroline Peters on board NOW?

****Brilliance OTS – FlavioMaeda is currently onboard. Probably onuntil Enzo Majiica joins the ship in earlyApril. Looking to confirm if Flavio iscurrently onboard.

****Empress OTS – WHO is onboard now, since Mauricio Diaz should have gone on vacation in mid February2018?

****Enchantment OTS – AssataYoung-Mayers replaced TT Algon back inDecember. Unsure if Assata is stillonboard.

****Explorer OTS – Aysy Sadrislamova is probably still onboard,since she does work with Topi.

****Freedom OTS – As of3/8/18 Alexander Schmidt was still onboard. Margot Van Erck is scheduled to beon FR in mid April until June 2018, when Margot will move to Symphony.

****Grandeur OTS – Cecy Del Razo has taken over on GR, 2/10/18,she told me directly instead of going to Brilliance. She is supposed to beon GR for a 4 month contract.

*****Harmony – Jerry (Gerardo De La Concha Kubli) returned 2/3/18. No information as to whether this is a 2 or 4month contract.

****IndependenceOTS – Elizabeth Hackett is onboardcurrently and could be onboard until Mark Rous returns to Indy on May 20. Mark has told me that he will be returning to Indy on May 20.

*****Jewel OTS – Danny Klophaus is onboard rightnow.

*****LibertyOTS – Katrina Blair took over as AM on1/14 perhaps for 4 months.

****Majesty OTS – MosseseVatuloka is onboard. I heard this on1/26/18 from Geoff Jones. Geoffsaid he has filled in from time to time for Moe, but Moe is the AM onboard.

*****Mariner OTS – Renato Arana isscheduled to be onboard April 2018 for a 4 month contract.

*****Navigator OTS – Mark Rous isonboard as of March 1 until May 20 when he will move to Indy. DanielEdward should return when Mark leaves.

*****Oasis OTS – Tresha Robb has taken overonboard Oasis on 2/11/18 probably for a 4 month contract.

***** Ovation – Angelle VanHemert took over at the end of January 2018.

***** Quantum – Bonnie Bai isonboard as of the information I received on 12/10. I don’t know when she started, so thereforecan’t guess as to when her contract completes.

*****RadianceOTS – Saini Gupta was on the 11/18 to 11/29 sailing….don’t have any informationas to when he started or how long he will be on the ship. Saini is expected to be there until 3/1. Looking to learn who will be covering hisvacation.

**** Rhapsody OTS – TT Algon is currentlyonboard. I was informed of this from theCD he is working with Elvis Pinto on 2/12/18. Don’t know until when.

**** Serenade OTS – Alison Hasler has beenpromoted to AM as of 1/26 on Serenade.

**** Symphony OTS – Amy Tripp takes out Symphony. Margot van Erck has announced she will takeover from Amy. I have reached out to Amyto learn if they know the date of that handoff yet.

***** Vision OTS – Renata Arena from end of January until hejoins Mariner in April.

*****Voyager OTS – Has Troy Zhang returned from his vacation andreplaced Clair Booth? If now who isonboard currently?

Thanks to all the cruisers for information thatthey provide to me!

Others: DanielEdward, Alexander Schmidt, Talita Leoni, Danny Klophaus, Anjazc, Troy Zhang, Allison Currie, Caroline Pan,Agari G., Katie Turner (on medical leave), Gerardo De La Concha Kubli (calledJerry) started vacation 12/9 until 2/3/18; , Mickey Martin, Mark Rous (vac from mid Janto March 1), Katy McCullagh, Margot van Erck, Kitty Xu Meng

No longer in the Fleet: Jeremie Gugliemi, Darryl Dyball, Zach Stratford; Linda Feng;Frankie Portera, Elise Milo Stewart, Gordon Travis, Giovanni DiPasquale, Kevin Tugwell, BelleO’Obrien (now Osmic); Tino Jackson(Carillo).

Christopher John Hopkinsseems to be back from vacation on Ovation, just as part of entertainment team.

Splendour – ship retired April 2016; Legend – shipretired March 2017

As per a personal message from Christopher Hopkins, he left Royal last month. He was not getting a permanent assignment as a CD and chose to leave the company. I wished him well.....and Royals' loss will be some other companies gain.

What???

They keep on CD's like Bobby Brown, give him the SYMPHONY, yet don't give Chris a permanent assignment to CD?

RCCL will be hearing from me via email tonight. Very, very disappointed by this.

I been cruising with royal since 1995 I had good CD and band ones there been time I wrote to royal about bad cruise director and the response I had got was we sorry for your bad experience,so I have learned that is not even worth complaining about it I just go cruise and make my cruise fun and enjoy the ship and shows,yes I agree Christopher is a amazing cruise director he should of got symphony but there nothing we can do.

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile app

My opinion I think Marvin should step up as a cruise director he does a very job Activities manger and he been with RCL for a while

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile app

I agree. Not had him yet but he seems to have a lot of experience as an AM with various different classes of ship, and I think that he was CS when OA and AL were launched, so also has takeout experience.

***Explorer OTS – Aysy Sadrislamova is probably still onboard,since she does work with Topi.

Aysy (Icy) disembarked today for vacation until July 8. Topi is also on vacation and unlikely to be returning to Explorer (Graham Seymour is now the CD). Sorry, I didn’t find out who is replacing Aysy

What???

They keep on CD's like Bobby Brown, give him the SYMPHONY, yet don't give Chris a permanent assignment to CD?

RCCL will be hearing from me via email tonight. Very, very disappointed by this.

We had Chris as our AM with CD Mike Hunnerup on Ovation - Chris was BY FAR the better of the two

***Explorer OTS – Aysy Sadrislamova is probably still onboard,since she does work with Topi.

Aysy (Icy) disembarked today for vacation until July 8. Topi is also on vacation and unlikely to be returning to Explorer (Graham Seymour is now the CD). Sorry, I didn’t find out who is replacing Aysy

Katy McCullagh replaced Aysy. Topi returns to EX on June 8, so presumably Aysy comes back then.

Katy McCullagh replaced Aysy. Topi returns to EX on June 8, so presumably Aysy comes back then.

Also, after Katy has done 2 months on Explorer, she will return to Harmony for 2 months. That makes Jerry's contract 4 months.

Yes you’re quite right, June not July - my mistype!

When I spoke to Mike Langtry yesterday he was very definite about keeping Graham so perhaps he and Topi will take turns/cover each other’s vacations

Yes you’re quite right, June not July - my mistype!

When I spoke to Mike Langtry yesterday he was very definite about keeping Graham so perhaps he and Topi will take turns/cover each other’s vacations

That sounds highly plausible. Graham may do 4 months on, 2 months off and Topi will cover his vacation for 2 months and Drew's vacation on Freedom for 2 months. Aysy should fit somewhere into the Explorer/Freedom schedule as well. Katy has already confirmed that she is rotating between Explorer and Harmony at the moment.

Anyone know or got a guess as to who will be AM for Symphony's Transatlantic? Margot will likely be permanent AM on Symphony, but she could be on vacation then. Don't know if Amy will continue on Symphony as the QN, AN, OV and HM takeouts have proven that the takeout AM never stays with that ship.

Takeout AM's:

Quantum - Zach Strafford - Got another assignment then left Royal soon after.

Anthem - Don't even think there was an actual AM launching her. I think Amy assisted Joff, but she then went to EX for an official promotion.

Ovation - Belle O'Brien (Osmic) - Left Royal after that contract.

Harmony - Michele Scarpato - Promoted to CD 1 month after first voyage.

Edited by Joe12

As per a personal message from Christopher Hopkins, he left Royal last month. He was not getting a permanent assignment as a CD and chose to leave the company. I wished him well.....and Royals' loss will be some other companies gain.

What???

Had Chris as AM under CD Abe Hughes on Anthem. Best team EVER. I agree 100% that this is a big loss for Royal and for us.

Joe--I'd appreciate you sharing if you get a reply to your e-mail and what they say.

Had Chris as AM under CD Abe Hughes on Anthem. Best team EVER. I agree 100% that this is a big loss for Royal and for us.

Joe--I'd appreciate you sharing if you get a reply to your e-mail and what they say.

1st reply from initial message, 2nd from Ken Rush after feedback was directed to him.

REPLY 1:

We appreciate the time you are taking to let us your opinion regarding our former Cruise Director. We'll forward your feedback as per your request.

REPLY 2:

Hi Joseph, I hope this message finds you well. I forwarded your feedback to Ken Rush as per your request and he sent you a message back: “Thank you for your nice comments about Chris. We are aware of the nice job he did when he stepped up however we have no openings in the Cruise Director schedule. We wish him the best of luck”

Definitely very disappointing. There was undoubtedly a space that would come up soon in the CD schedule. Casey and Jerome have both resigned recently, not to mention that the fleet has increased by 1 ship, and that ship is currently with 2 CD's. Chris was one of the only good AM's that I have seen.

Edited by Joe12

Paulette, I have contacted Royal and they confirmed with me that Katy is AM on Symphony. She will be there for my B2B in July.

I am personally hoping that given that she will have had an additional year's experience since I had her on Harmony, she will have improved. She has all the makings to be a good AM, but was too much of a rookie to get Harmony so early on and it showed.

I'm probably just missing it somewhere, but where is Marvelous Marvan?

We just loved him on Oasis with Jimmy Rhodes but then on our next cruise back on Oasis he and Jimmy were gone:(. Sad.

He was recently on Voyager in Australia and had to step up to CD for a bit when the CD there, Jamie Fentiman went on medical leave.