Cruise Itinerary

mickey89

Maybe it is like everything else with P&O, if you pay more they will give you a cabin number and tell you whether you can eat early or late before you sail. I would agree with you that it is unacceptable, all other cruise lines quote their arrival / departure times and it does help people to make their plans.

Carnival should tell them too put their house in order !

Yes it's all a bit vague and more annoying because P&O will actually know the times but choose not to share them with us, unlike all other lines.

I think we all appreciate times can change once onboard for a variety of reasons but that should not stop the advance publication.

I was seriously planning to book a cruise on their new ship Britannia, when I couldn't find any information about their arrival/departure times, also 50% of the ports of call were listed as possible tendering not docking. So I contacted their customer services to clarify these important details........we don't publish these details as they can change. God help them please !

Whether a ship tenders or docks is a major issue when its capacity is 3600 passengers, get a grip, give your customers the information needed to make choices. I for one will take my business elsewhere.

I only hope P&O read these posts, then maybe their customer service will improve.

I was seriously planning to book a cruise on their new ship Britannia, when I couldn't find any information about their arrival/departure times, also 50% of the ports of call were listed as possible tendering not docking. So I contacted their customer services to clarify these important details........we don't publish these details as they can change. God help them please !

Whether a ship tenders or docks is a major issue when its capacity is 3600 passengers, get a grip, give your customers the information needed to make choices. I for one will take my business elsewhere.

I only hope P&O read these posts, then maybe their customer service will improve.

Funny I book a cruise for the stops, but I wouldn't not book one because I did not know the exact minute it was due to dock or leave.

If I was that desperate to know I would look at the actual cruise terminal/port website itself.

If you were going to say you want to book private tours, they would have a very good idea when the ship is expected in/due to leave, and would make sure you were back in good time for the latter.

So from what you are saying you are not booking with P and O because you do not know the above. Ok I am sure other lines will give you the info you seem to need .

So from what you are saying you are not booking with P and O because you do not know the above. Ok I am sure other lines will give you the info you seem to need .

Exactly I will definitely choose a more open cruise company who arecustomer friendly.

Ask yourself - Why the secret ? What are they afraid of?

Funny I book a cruise for the stops, but I wouldn't not book one because I did not know the exact minute it was due to dock or leave.

If I was that desperate to know I would look at the actual cruise terminal/port website itself.

If you were going to say you want to book private tours, they would have a very good idea when the ship is expected in/due to leave, and would make sure you were back in good time for the latter.

It's not the exact minute but early morning dock and late afternoon depart could have 4 or 5 hours between them as its so vague.

Some people don't book the ships excursions or the private tours but book their own days out using public transport - this information would be vital to them.

We have friends in Spain and if we dock near to them we want to know if we have time to hire a car and meet them for a leisurely lunch.

The point is however all other lines seem to be able to publish this info in advance so why can't p&o who are privy to such detail?

If the other operators didn't think it was of value to their passengers they wouldn't publish it, the fact that they do tells you everything.

I do believe YOU are missing the point, dear Lady.............................

And you are having a jolly good moan and have not been on the cruise yet.

I thought it was only regular P&O cruisers who were supposed to moan. That's what we are told by others on here.

This changed about 3 years ago, don't know why but I suspect it was to give them some leeway and stop getting complaints that they were leaving at a different time to that advertised.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This changed about 3 years ago, don't know why but I suspect it was to give them some leeway and stop getting complaints that they were leaving at a different time to that advertised.

I think you've probably hit the nail on the head there Dai. Sometimes arrival and departure times are out of the hands of P&O, be they Head Office or the Captain.

We had a call in to Stockholm last year where we were due in at 9, but the Swedes decided they wanted to see everyone on board and check their passports, you can imagine how long that took, to cap it all we were tendering too, so we didn't get ashore until after lunch!

Which is basically what I am thinking.

If they say arrival at 8am, and for whatever reason they did not dock until 9am, how many people would be moaning then, as they did not dock when they said they would.

One of the ports on our November cruise ,we were about 1 hour late docking.. reason, very very strong cross winds.

It is supposed to be a holiday. If you want to know when the port is expecting the ship, look at the port website.

As you cannot even guarantee that you will be in a certain port on a certain date, does the exact time matter.

It obviously does to some people, and if they wish to book a certain cruise line because they post their EXPECTED time in port ,then that is up to them.

Trust me I am getting that people are saying why does P and O chose not to post the arrival/departure time in ports of call. I don't know..but it does not stress me out.

As an aside if you are booking a private tour ,ask them what time they wish to meet up. They will know when the ship is expected. Our one in the Caribbean was 1/2 after docking (that was another late arrival, so if we had specified a set time we would have missed it anyway)

Still doesnt make any sense English Lady

If P&O are the only ones who DONT list the times when all other major lines DO then you have to ask why.

If anything your theory proves that P&O punters must moan more than all other lines passengers, hang on, maybe you are on to something here.....

Cruise lines always have a reason for their actions, their are so geared to profit making that I just asked WHY are their not forthcoming with info that is normally available to everyone. Maybe some people aren't concerned, it just appears odd, even their customer relations were unable to answer the question, strange ! Maybe the captain doesn't even know !!

I think you've probably hit the nail on the head there Dai. Sometimes arrival and departure times are out of the hands of P&O, be they Head Office or the Captain.

We had a call in to Stockholm last year where we were due in at 9, but the Swedes decided they wanted to see everyone on board and check their passports, you can imagine how long that took, to cap it all we were tendering too, so we didn't get ashore until after lunch!

Of course times fluctuate, its the nature of the beast and passengers accept that, especially when it is out of the ships control as above.

It still shouldnt stop publication of estimated arrival/departure time, but as we all know the golden rule as you disembark is that you check the "all onboard by" board as you leave as this time may be different to what you was previously informed.

And you are having a jolly good moan and have not been on the cruise yet.

I thought it was only regular P&O cruisers who were supposed to moan. That's what we are told by others on here.

And what about when they have to miss a port altogether? If we need wrapping up in cotton wool so much that we cant even be told times in advance, maybe we shouldnt be given port info either?

"Join us on this 14 night Southampton to Southampton magical mystery cruise where you will get to know the ports once we dock at them"

And what about when they have to miss a port altogether? If we need wrapping up in cotton wool so much that we cant even be told times in advance, maybe we shouldnt be given port info either?

"Join us on this 14 night Southampton to Southampton magical mystery cruise where you will get to know the ports once we dock at them"

What an excellent idea. Fewer ports the better. Can we guarantee to miss them please.

Still doesnt make any sense English Lady

If P&O are the only ones who DONT list the times when all other major lines DO then you have to ask why.

If anything your theory proves that P&O punters must moan more than all other lines passengers, hang on, maybe you are on to something here.....

BTW are you not joining in with a moan. So it alright when you moan but not when someone else does. That will be right.

BTW are you not joining in with a moan. So it alright when you moan but not when someone else does. That will be right.

I'm joining in with a moan, encouraging others to moan, stirring it up so people moan more, yes its Moanday Thursday, or is that Maundy?

I'm joining in with a moan, encouraging others to moan, stirring it up so people moan more, yes its Moanday Thursday, or is that Maundy?

Yes we all know that.

You need to do your homework Richleeds....both Saga and Fred O run mystery cruises! The latest one departed in November 2014 and Saga's next is in August 2015. 😂