Allure October 2015 dining

kimmy_bos

• 1 month later...

Folks

Apologies for bumping this with a few questions that probably seem a bit daft, we're first timers with RCI

We're booked on Allure 20th Sept and when I log onto the the RCI site for our cruise it shows as My Time Dining available to book

1. What restaurants are available as non paying, I've read different reports especially once it comes out of dry dock

2. Is the MTD only for the main dining room

3. Is it possible to book a table for 2 rather than shared on the non paying restaurants

4. When we booked with our TA part of the promotion was the beer and wine drinks package but this isn't showing on my cruises, is this normal

Many thanks for any info

Hi neesy11, I am on the same sailing as you and I have already booked our MTD times. It relates to the main dining room only and you book a table for your party, I.e. two, four, etc. You do not need to book for Windjammer, Boardwalk hot dog stand, etc. You may need to book the other dining venues but you can do that once you are onboard.

Hopefully I will catch up with you again on the roll call thread

Gail :)

Edited by SpainAlien

Hi again Gail, hope you're well not long now :D

I booked the MTD for our first night for the both of us but didn't get an option as to whether it would be a table for two. If the reservation is for two will it automatically allocate us at our own table

Reading this it makes it seem that we're a pair of oddballs :p wanting to sit on our own

As far as I can tell the MTD tables are tables for two which are pushed together for larger numbers, they are however quite close to each other so you might not feel as if it is just the two of you.

The more posts I read, the more confused. I booked through a travel agent but when I go to RCL to book, the only choice i had was my time dining, which I booked different times depending on shore days. If i stay with my time dining is there still formal nights included in that, meaning every one dresses in formal but has different time seatings. The last cruise i went on was I presume traditional, we had a 6.30 seating with our family and we had two formal nights.

Any help would be appreciated :)

The more posts I read, the more confused. I booked through a travel agent but when I go to RCL to book, the only choice i had was my time dining, which I booked different times depending on shore days. If i stay with my time dining is there still formal nights included in that, meaning every one dresses in formal but has different time seatings. The last cruise i went on was I presume traditional, we had a 6.30 seating with our family and we had two formal nights.

Any help would be appreciated :)

This could change, but right now Allure still has two formal nights on a 7 day cruise, no matter if you are in traditional dining or My Time Dining.

• 3 weeks later...
Called RCL to ascertain what dining options are available on Oasis, since DD has been postponed to a later date. My reserve is some 14 mos. in the future and when booked it showed DD on my invoice. The agent told me of 2 options: a) traditional dining & b) MTD. I told him to book us, a party of 9, for traditional early seating. He says, it's all sold out and we have been placed in MTD. I protested since the cruise is so far out. I said OK but I want an early seating in the range of 6-6:30pm for MTD. He tells me that the reservations cannot me made earlier than 3 months. I said to him that is not acceptable, as I experienced the frustration on the Quantum in making dining and entertainment reserves and some Pax that waited till it officially opened up were stuck with late dinner times and/or no reservations. It took me some 3 weeks with the help of C&A to finally get the dining times. The entertainment was an altogether different frustration.

My problem is that I've got 3 grandchildren aged 2, 6 & 8 and was hoping for the traditional for a smooth dining experience for all with having the same table and same waiter(s).

The joke of it, is that we made D+ on the Quantum and received a congratulation from RCL. One of the perks is priority dining time--all talk, but no substance.

E-mailed RCL Dining explaining my frustration with this entire episode and asking for help. So far, no answer and I guess I'll wait a few days before escalating the issue.

Ps. Our Oasis cruise for Feb 6 shows 6pm traditional. This was before the planned switch to DD. Wonder what story will be told when I follow-up.

I'm booked on the Allure in October 2015 and have had traditional dining since I booked in May 2014

I just wanted to update you. We have managed to book my time dining at 6.45 each day so will be sticking with this.

Thanks for all the words of wisdom

Just curious. Could you book any time that you wanted for My Time? Or were there black out times (e.g. not being able to book between x and y). I thought I heard from before that there were blackout times but it appears from your post that this was not the case.

Just curious. Could you book any time that you wanted for My Time? Or were there black out times (e.g. not being able to book between x and y). I thought I heard from before that there were blackout times but it appears from your post that this was not the case.

Hi, I booked mtd different times each night depending on our shore stops.

I found that there was a small blacked out time I think it was between 6:45 and 7:30

Ok thanks. Doesn't sound too restrictive then. I thought I read earlier posts with longer blockout times.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

[=kimmy_bos;45426394]Hi all

I know there is much talk about this. Can anyone who is booked for around this time let me know if they have got traditional dining?QUOTE

I starteI f ot as my time, moved to dynamic now I am back with my time. Personally I am not a my time fan so would much prefer traditional if that is an option. However, my ta is saying no this is not an option only my time for me!

Thanks

Kim

[=kimmy_bos;45426394]Hi all

I know there is much talk about this. Can anyone who is booked for around this time let me know if they have got traditional dining?QUOTE

I starteI f ot as my time, moved to dynamic now I am back with my time. Personally I am not a my time fan so would much prefer traditional if that is an option. However, my ta is saying no this is not an option only my time for me!

Thanks

Kim

See if your TA can get you on a wait list for traditional dining.

Edited by clarea