Labadee

I'm going to ask here as I did a search and didn't find any answers. What's the difference between the Aqua Park and Luc's Splash Bash?

Also is there a narrated tour somewhere on this island? Believe it or not RCCL couldn't help me with these answers.

I'm hoping you CCer's that have been there this year can help!

In my cruise docs (Yes! I've done the dance!) under excursions, it lists them both. Have you gotten your documents yet? I believe from what I've read, that the Aqua Park (listed at $15 pp/adult or child for 50 minutes) is in the ocean water. Trampolines, waterslides, etc.

Luc's Splash (listed at $5 pp/adult or child for 2 hours) reads as an interactive fresh water experience w/ ground geysers, toppling water buckets, a climb-aboard pirate ship w/mounted water cannons.

I think Luc's sounds more like the kid area at Atlanta's Whitewater...maybe in bigger form (it says fun for kids and the entire family). I had heard that for the Aqua Park (read it on a thread here at CC) that some younger kids had trouble on the 'icebergs'-they were kindof hard to climb up-but that it was great fun for the whole family and especially for older kids.

Hope this helps!

Yes, I've gotten my docs and read that, but I was wondering if it was something that a 14 year old would enjoy or if it was more geared to the younger ages like maybe 3,4,5 year olds. I figured it might be as the Aqua Park seemed a little too hard for some of the younger kids in certain cases ie the icebergs and trampolines.

When we last visited Labadee in Feb. they were just putting the finishing touches on "Luc's Splash". It looked like a kiddie water play area that I see in many of our local parks. Definetely geared to the younger ones (under eight). It wasn't a very big area, but a good spot to cool off and have a little fun for the little ones.

I never heard of a narrated tour, I don;t know what there is to tour on Labadee, its beaches period and some vendors. Maybe the tour is of some outside islands.

I did pick up on another thread that there is a tour on Waverunners which rent for $99 for one or two people. They take you around for about 1 1/2 hours and stop at various spots to tell you about the area. Maybe this is what the OP is referring to.

Ive been to Labadee and done it all-will be back there in about 12 days, here's the scoop-

Aquapark-in the water, just off shore-trampolines, floating slides, floating rock wall-kids and adults love it-my husband spent most of the day doing back flips off the very large trampolines into the water.

Luc's-a water play area with small fountains and wading pools for small kids only

Waverunner-I do the $99 for two on a waverunner-you go caravan style with 10 or so runners and a guide up front, but there's not really a guided tour, he might say a few things here and there, but not much-its fun, but you don't get much alone time on the runner to go fast or do tricks, more like a waverunner parade-when I have gone, the guide will ask who likes to go fast, and will put the faster ones in the front, slower in the back, with a second guide bringing up the rear-

One more tip-if anyone wants to get their hair braided, this is the place to do it, they have a huge braiding center in the middle of the island, but get a price fixed first.

• 2 months later...
Can anyone tell me whether or not there is parasailing in Labadee. Do you know the cost? Thanks.

Yes, there is parasailing, and it is beautiful. You go in Tandem with a partner. I can't remember the cost as it was 2 1/2 years ago that I did it.

Quote: I believe from what I've read, that the Aqua Park (listed at $15 pp/adult or child for 50 minutes) is in the ocean water. Trampolines, waterslides, etc.Luc's Splash (listed at $5 pp/adult or child for 2 hours) reads as an interactive fresh water experience w/ ground geysers, toppling water buckets, a climb-aboard pirate ship w/mounted water cannons. Hope this helps!

Is it a good idea to book Luc's Splash or Aqua Park ahead of time? Or does it make any difference? I thought I had read that this wasn't necessary and that they could be availed of on a "walk up" basis if you wanted to, once you got to the beach. Is there any advantage in booking these two ahead of time, e.g do they get crowded and sell out? Or do you get anything extra by booking ahead through the ship.

Also, where/how far is the beach in relation to where the tender leaves you? Thanks.

The price for the excursions won't change once you get there so there is no advantage/disadvantage for paying ahead, at least price wise. You never know from week to week which excursions will be popular. If you know you really want to do a specific excursion at a specific time, then go ahead and book it now. If you are flexible or unsure, then just wait until you get there and see if a slot is available.

20 pictures of labadee in one of the albums from my October Voyager cruise....

Hi Bill, I just wanted to say Thank you:) For the great pics of Labadee. We set sail on Voyager This Saturday and For Labadee we booked the floating mats We loved the pic of everyone floating around and others just having a great time relaxing in the chairs on the beach;) Do you have anymore pics with adventure Ocean? My daughter is 8 and loved the dress up picture.

Thanks ;)

I was in Labadee in August on the Mariner. I have to say that Labadee was my least favorite of the stops. As many have mentioned, it's a small little area of Haiti that RCI leases out. Other than the few excursions, there's really nothing else to do but sit on the beach (which isn't a bad thing, but I wasn't impressed with the beach either).

I did the waverunner excursion, and this was a lot of fun. I was a littl disappointed in that you didn't get to just go out and have some 'alone time' with them, but that aside, it was still worth the money. The tour really isn't guided, except for 3 or 4 quick stops where the two guides on the excursion give you a brief history of the area.

You also do a quick stop in an area where about 10 or so Haitians will row their kayaks out to you and try to get you to buy some of their 'merchandise'. Some can be pushy (rowing right into you, and basically hanging near you), but for the most part, it's not that bad. At this point you're allowed to jump off your waverunner and swim around, so if you do that, you can avoid the nagging.

The Aqua park looked pretty cool, and for a 14 year old, I would definitely recommend that over the other one (which really looked boring for any kid over the age of 8 or 9).

I would book excursions other than the two kid water park type things in advance. We did the waverunner, and then attempted to do the parasail when we got back, and it was all booked up.

Afte the waverunner, we basically spent most of the day on the ship (which was nice, since most people were on the island, it was nice and quiet).

The free food provided on the island was actually decent though, so make sure to hit that up for lunch (your basic burgers and chicken, but there were other assorted fruits and cookies that were good).

Ive done the pairasaling in labadee-it was a good time and I also did the jet skiing there. And it was kinda a tour, we stopped in different places and the guide told us about different things. But if you don't like wild things-dont do the jet skiing-since you are going through the ocean its pretty wild. but soooo much fun. if you like a good thrill do it!

Ocean Adventure - I think I posted all my decent pictures for her time there - since we were off other places most of it! Your 8 year old should love it. Voyager eh! Well please try to say hello to Captain Carla and Watermelon Melanie from Julia in October - they were two of the counselors for the 6-8 age group and they were terrific. Don't miss the events they hold. We had Circus of the Seas, Clown Day, and Pirate Night. Julia did not participate in the Talent Show. In fact I may try to post 2 pictures of Julia with each of them - if you have any way to print them I would be so happy if you would take them each their picture with Julia - even in B&W so they can see her face and remember her. (I just thought of another picture I can scan and post too - her pirate face and outfit... that was terrific fun)

Labadee & Walking - Here's what I recommend. From the tender dock you walk straight back a ways and will see the Aqua park far off to your right, and a beach right on your left. Walk along the back of that beach, past a small ruins area and a small hill, to the second beach on your left. It's only about 200 feet to walk. It is much less crowded than the first beach and gentle water.

From there, you can walk a short distance across to the long rough rocky beach, to the Adventure Ocean fenced area, and to Luc's Splash. It's a slightly longer walk to the food and market, along the dirt road past Luc's Splash area.

Labadee & Walking - From there, you can walk a short distance across to the long rough rocky beach, to the Adventure Ocean fenced area, and to Luc's Splash. It's a slightly longer walk to the food and market, along the dirt road past Luc's Splash area.

You refer to the "Adventure Ocean fenced area". Has this anything to do with the AO on the ship. Do they take the kids ashore in Labadee as part of AO? or what is the reference to? Thanks.

Luc's is salt water not fresh as stated above.As far as kids only they'll let anyone in who buys a wristband.It's good for people that don't swim or just want to cool off quick.my 3 year old and i enjoyed it a lot.Funny thing was we didn't see anyone in the aqua park.

Hi all, we have been to Labadee several times most recently in June. We agree that the water park can be fun for all ages except for very little ones - you need to be a good swimmer or have an adult along. The splash park is for toddlers to about 8-9, unless you just want to get wet.

Another fun and cheap activity is the banana boat at about $10.00 per person. They pull you around on a large banana shaped float for a few minutes. There are usually about 6-8 on board at a time. A nice, wet thrill!

For all of the above, it is probably ok to book while on shore. If you have not been before, you will get to see the areas first and make your choices. They limit the number of people allowed in each area at one time to keep from overcrowding, so you may need to set up a time and return later. Sometimes if there is not a waiting list, they let you stay a little longer than scheduled.

One word of caution, and this is not meant to be derogatory, just information. Most of these activities are booked on shore by regular crew from the ship. Sometimes they are new to this and have not received much training at all, so the booking can be very disorganized at times. It is not always the case, but we have seen it on several occasions. Just bring your patience along and bear with it. We have given up our turn before because the RCCL employees (wait staff from Windjammer) were catching so much grief from impatient (and rude) cruisers. We let the others go ahead of us just to get them to shut up.:o

Archived