Little French Key

Leafs Fan

We went less than ten days ago. I sent them an Email to tell them when and and how many in our party and that we wanted them to take us out to the reef to go snorkeling. They replied with instructions on where to go to meet the driver, what to expect, etc.

We really enjoyed our time there and the snorkeling was excellent. Lunch was very good too. They had been, until recently, carmel excursion. No longer work with carnival but they're very familiar with how the cruise ships operate and make sure you get back to your ship in time.

I went to their website, price ranges from $55 to $200 depedning on the package you want. We picked the $55 package which includes your transportation to and from, with the admission to the island. We can buy lunch as well as pay $20 for srokelling, The only reason we didnt pick the lunch package is due to my wife's food allergies. Here is the website http://www.littlefrenchkey.com

When are you going there wmjivey?

We will be there in September on the only Cruise ship in port. the price seems right for what we want. We bring our own gear and if the snorkeling off the beach is good all the better. I see its an extra $20 per for the boat to the reef. Might do the extra package to get the food too.

Honestly, take the boat ride to the reef. Its like 5 mins. The drop off to the canyon is awesome and the coral is in great condition. We went out twice. Its a 10-15 min drive but we hit some construction/ detour on the way back that add a couple mins. We brought our own masks and snorkels but used their fins.

Check out both of my reviews in my signature line of this place. It's amazing! We were just there again for the 2nd time a few months ago. The reef is amazing, the island is amazing, the animals are amazing. Just a great time and beautiful.

You book directly with the owners there by emailing them. They will arrange transportation to pick you up right at the port (no matter which port you are coming in at) and they will also drop you off. The transportation is included in the package price. :)

• 3 months later...
Yes, the Reef is that good. LFK has its on little boat to take you from their dock to the reef. Those Jolly Rodgers catamarans you see at the port take their people to the same general area you will be snorkeling.

I have snorkeled 3 times off LFK, last time was 2 Sundays ago. The reefs here are alive with fans, reeds, tubes, brain coral, amenomes, drop offs, lobsters, you name it, it's here. It beats anything I've seen in Hawaii or other Caribbean islands. It rivals Tahitian coral.

There is no snorkeling from the shore. You have to take a boat, usually with Ronnely, to access the best spots. Last time we went to a spot off Fantasy Island, about a 10 minute boat ride. Ronnely pays special attention to new snorkelers, and with the life jackets they use, it's impossible to sink. Bring a good underwater camera and you will get great pics!

Please use oil free or biodegradable sunscreen so it won't damage these gorgeous reefs!

Thank you did you try the pizza ?

I didn't even realize there was pizza there! I spent most of my time around Simba's enclosure, so not sure why I didn't see it:o Oh well, I really liked the lunch they served anyway. However we did have a 6 year old with us that would have liked that better...

Another post said they just put in a pizzeria hope it was correct if not Ill eat what ever is provided im there for the atmosphere and relaxation :)

We had lunch included @ LFK in our pkg rate. Grilled lobster, shrimp, chicken and steak w/ rice and beans. IMO beats pizza hands down.

I can see pizza for kids or for an adult snack. When I'm presented with local food, I tend to select that over pizza, burgers, etc. But whatever floats your boat.....different strokes......

We had lunch included @ LFK in our pkg rate. Grilled lobster, shrimp, chicken and steak w/ rice and beans. IMO beats pizza hands down.

I can see pizza for kids or for an adult snack. When I'm presented with local food, I tend to select that over pizza, burgers, etc. But whatever floats your boat.....different strokes......

Their lunch was really good, wasn't it? I was impressed with their food, especially the rice and beans!

Check out both of my reviews in my signature line of this place. It's amazing! We were just there again for the 2nd time a few months ago. The reef is amazing, the island is amazing, the animals are amazing. Just a great time and beautiful.

Sorry this isn't to answer the original question, but Mitsugirly is there another way to check out your reviews other than through your signature? Every time I click on a review it always takes me to the middle of the comments on the review, but I'm never able to go to the first page and read your actual review. I've read that you make great reviews and would love to read them. Thanks in advance. 😊

• 4 weeks later...

I have been there four times now and am going again next week. They just keep adding to the island. My very favorite think is the kinkajou. I love that little guy! Husband dove last time and it was great. I think they went to Mary's Place which is a fantastic dive site. The last two times it rained a lot so I really want sunshine this time! What is the price for pizza (in case son and friend decide to go on the cheap).