difference between balconys

mykeb14

I would like to try an aft balcony.We have always had a balcony amid ship on deck eight and it is so windy when we are at sea you cannot really enjoy the balcony.Are the aft balconys as windy? What deck is best for these? Do you feel more motion than midship?

The aft balconies aren't windy at all unless the wind is coming from behind the ship. On the Magic I had one on deck 7 and enjoyed it a lot but in the summer it can get uncomfortably warm from the sun. So next cruise I moved to deck 9, directly under the Lido deck.

Those cabins have an overhang that provides shade nearly all day and I liked it much better.

I had read people advising against deck 9, complaining about the noise of chairs being moved. We heard a little scraping every once in awhile but it never bothered us.

There is a very gentle rocking motion that I enjoy. The 4 different people I have traveled with are bothered by motion sickness but took Bonine and never had a complaint.

Aft balconies aren't for me, they are too sunny no shade generally and no wind its warmer out there. I like the regular balconies, as far as the size of the regular balcony rooms, granted they are smaller than other cruise lines offer, but they are sufficient enough.

I sailed in my first ext. aft balcony on the Magic in Oct. Loved it.....far more space, even roomier than my suite balcony ......If you just want to sit for short periods and have a coffee ect then a regular balcony is perfect. I enjoy soaking up the sun and reading out there so the aft was great because of the lounger....problem is now it spoiled me lol

My favorite balcony is the L shaped balcony. They are twice as long as a normal balcony and the price is the same as a regular balcony. Only problem is they are hard to come by because there as so few. They are located aft..usually right next to a aft wrap balcony. Your cabin is configured different and seems to be roomer.