Question on anytime dining on fos

We have never done "anytime dining" & just wondered if you can reserve for the whole cruise for a certain time & also request the same servers/table? We feel that the early seating is "to early" & the late seating is "to late"! So thinking about trying anytime dining but we like to have the same servers. Thanks for any help. :)

You can certainly request the same wait team if you find one you like. We do this on every trip.

We always eat early so we don't usually have a problem but if you choose to eat during "prime time" you may have to wait a bit if their section is full.

Edited by GTO-Girl

I hope it will be better on your cruise than ours. We have happily used MTD on cruises previously, but felt it was poorly handled on our FOS cruise in November. It might have worked OK if we reserved MTD and ate at 5:30, but if we wanted that we'd have booked early traditional (maybe others could not get early tradional, so took MTD and showed up at 5:30 to secure a table). when we arrived for our reserved time, there were long lines leading to an unpleasant, non-listening hostess who did not seem up to the task. it was a shrp contrast to our other MTD experiences. It lead us to book early tradional on our following cruises even though it was earlier than we'd have liked. i hope you fare better.

We were on the Freedom Christmas cruise and maybe it was just because it was Christmas, but the only times you could make a reservation for was 5:45 or 8:30. Other than that you could walk in at anytime. I don't know how long or if there was wait times as we ate at 5:45

We have never done "anytime dining" & just wondered if you can reserve for the whole cruise for a certain time & also request the same servers/table? We feel that the early seating is "to early" & the late seating is "to late"! So thinking about trying anytime dining but we like to have the same servers. Thanks for any help. :)

Just to be clear, on RCI it is called My Time Dining (MTD).

They do prefer you set a fixed time and you can reserve that via their website. Go to the Cruise Planner and make your selections. I have not yet found a way to book the entire cruise days selections for MTD at the same time. I have done each day separately and then the entire cruises meals show up on your schedule.

Once on board you can check with the MTD manager/receptionist and request the same waiters if you so desire.