Regal..rethink that forward cabin!

Chesie

We were given B211. Looked at deck plans and determined we were up far enough not to be bothered by the Princess Theater, or so I thought. I was worried about the motion as we usually do midship or aft. After hanging the last garment out of the two suitcases, the band in the theater decided to do a practice session. Now mind you we are 4 decks up. It sounded like they were playing in our room! After a couple of minutes there was some chatter in the hall so I opened the door. Well, many passengers were out there complaining to the officer that was walking by. He probably should have taken a different deck because everyone was really upset. The music stopped and he said it didn't seem that bad. Well the band started again and I asked him to step into my room and I got a "oh boy" out of him and he said he would look into it. I decided to go down to passenger services as I knew the rest if the week was going to be one big jam session and we are early to bed kinda people. Explained the situation and she asked if I wanted to be moved. Back to the room to pack up drawers and she sent someone up and they literally moved all our belonging to B322. By doing this we had a most enjoyable time. Well, except our inconsiderate neighbors decided to let loose of the door and let it slam at 11:30 every night. But, that was not the fault of Princess. Princess needs to look into the band noise. I can't imagine the noise heard by the decks below us. I will not be booking a forward cabin on Regal or Royal again. Just sayin.

Noise from the Princess Theater was somewhat of an issue for us on the Regal. Not in our cabin, E109, on Emerald deck which as you can see from Dave's post is forward of the theater. However several times we could hear sound from the theater in the hallway walking from our cabin to the forward stairs/elevators. More noise than I can remember on any Grand class ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm wondering if this affects interior cabins more so than the balcony staterooms. There was another thread recently that mentioned Caribe Deck cabins also affected by the noise from the Princess Theater, and it dealt mainly with only interior rooms.

:confused:

OP - you weren't four decks up. I believe you were two decks up as there is blank space on the Emerald and Dolphin deck and those spaces may be associate with the theater in some way.

You are correct with the blank spaces. However, the theater also takes up Fiesta deck 6 where the band is at. Blank area or not, its noisy for that distance.

You are correct with the blank spaces. However, the theater also takes up Fiesta deck 6 where the band is at. Blank area or not, its noisy for that distance.

I was going to include the Princess Theater lower level on Fiesta Deck in the deck plan I posted (sorry), but figured the speakers, etc. were mostly in the overhead of the space on Deck 7.

:o

We only notice door slammers on Princess :(

I've commented on carnival and royal how quiet it was with no doors slamming at all hours.

I had 'door slamming' issues on Allure of the Seas, but after a nice conversation with my neighbors it stopped by the second day.

A lot of new ships, where the corridor and stateroom entry design incorporates a small vestibule common between two adjacent staterooms, seem to have this problem?

:D

Ran into the same problem on the Royal with C211. So if you think is was loud in B211, imagine how loud it is in C211.

Inside cabins C203-221 are right over the stage (I assume the same problem exists with the even number (204-220) insides in the same area as well). There is a two deck gap over the stage where inside cabins would be on Emerald and Dolphin decks. So for all practical purposes C211 is right over the stage with nothing but open space under it. The space is used for holding stage items used during the performances (some of the lowered items are two decks tall (the space between the stage and the ceiling in the theater)).

Edited by RDC1

You wanna hear some epic door slamming? Sail on Disney during Spring Break. My teeth rattled continuously. Still enjoyed the cruise, though. Didn't notice any cabin door slamming on my last Royal Princess cruise. Just some balcony door slamming. But by that time the vodka had taken effect. :D

Edited by CI66774