Le Cirque

qsuzi

Looking at the new menus and see they have added "chateaubriand". Does anyone know whether or not they offer this for one person or is it the traditional platter for two?

DH had it as his entree selection and it can now be ordered for one. It was buttery good and cooked to perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for saving me time by including the links. There are many more items on the Pinnacle Grill menu that I would eat vs. only 1 appetizer and fewer entrees on the Le Cirque menu. I generally will try foods I have not eaten but I draw the line at trying escargot. :)

I also draw the line at trying escargot!!

But, but, but... escargot in garlic butter is so good!!!

Looking at the new menus and see they have added "chateaubriand". Does anyone know whether or not they offer this for one person or is it the traditional platter for two?

Following on to what DW said, it's available for one and it's a sizable portion. Photo at the link.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s88/l/AFg3YeY64fdCWroVPrWXggMt4aDTlNrq6ToA

/

Following on to what DW said, it's available for one and it's a sizable portion. Photo at the link.

/

What GREAT pix and the food looks wonderful (except for 1 of 2 things pictured I won't eat). You are a great resource for this board and I appreciate it whenever you provide information and pix.

I have done this a few times but in general prefer normal Pinnacle menu to Le Circe

Ah, my question though is have you tried the NEW Le Cirque Menu? It is amazingly so much better than the old one:)

New menu started with the Nieuw Amsterdam 7 December 2014 cruise and was being started on the other 14 HAL Ships on a weekly basis. The Le Cirque Trainer was going ship to ship for 1 week each ship and training the Pinnacle Grill Chefs for 1 week before moving on to the next ship. So, it should be available on each ship by now, if my calculations are correct. If my calculations are not correct, the new menu should be available at the latest by 1 April 2015.

There are still some of the old menu items still there but the new items are almost to die for:)

Joanie

Ah, my question though is have you tried the NEW Le Cirque Menu? It is amazingly so much better than the old one:) Joanie

Joanie, what is their interpretation of Caesar salad and do you know what Chef Rudy's dinner is?

I'd also like to know more about Chef Rudi's dinner....

Joanie, what is their interpretation of Caesar salad and do you know what Chef Rudy's dinner is?

My Caesar Salad was made at the table for regular PG, but for Le Cirque it was weirder than weird:( For Le Cirque it was lettuce laid out flat, layered, and some God AWFUL dressing drizzled sparingly over it... I made sure to remember so I never ever order that again!!!

I have no idea what Chef Rudy's dinner is or consists of. I've never had it and have only heard of it here on CC.

Joanie

My Caesar Salad was made at the table for regular PG, but for Le Cirque it was weirder than weird:( For Le Cirque it was lettuce laid out flat, layered, and some God AWFUL dressing drizzled sparingly over it... I made sure to remember so I never ever order that again!!!......

Joanie

That's just a Deconstructed Caesar Salad. The ingredients in a regular Caesar are in the deconstructed version, either mixed into the dressing or sprinkled among the layered lettuce leaves. It's often served that way now in the best restaurants and evidently at Le Cirque, so you had an authentic Le Cirque Caesar Salad. :D

Chef Rudi's dinner is offered on all cruises no matter the length and is limited to usually 16 - 18 people depending on the size of the ship. It is $89 per person. No discounts for anyone.

AttN: Linda and Lupy:your question what is Chef Rudi's dinner.

Answer : Holland America Line’s Master Chef Rudi Sodamin is working with Le Cirque’s Executive Chef Craig Hopson to re-create the legendary eatery’s whimsical ambiance and award-winning dining experience on board

Edited by qsuzi

/

I was looking at your pix, POA1, and the ones of the rack of lamb and the chateaubriand look identical - I was wondering if perhaps you duplicated the rack of lamb one?

Ah, my question though is have you tried the NEW Le Cirque Menu? It is amazingly so much better than the old one:)

New menu started with the Nieuw Amsterdam 7 December 2014 cruise and was being started on the other 14 HAL Ships on a weekly basis. The Le Cirque Trainer was going ship to ship for 1 week each ship and training the Pinnacle Grill Chefs for 1 week before moving on to the next ship. So, it should be available on each ship by now, if my calculations are correct. If my calculations are not correct, the new menu should be available at the latest by 1 April 2015.

There are still some of the old menu items still there but the new items are almost to die for:)

Joanie

Joanie,

Any idea of the order the ships are in for the roll out. We are signed up for LC on the Maasdam, I think our actual eating date in early March. I would rather have the new menu based on your comments.

Edited by KirkNC