Naval needs help with how to treat loyal guests

cruzfool

So this post is for those of us who have been loyal cruise guests, in my case platinum on NCL with over 150 days. I recently returned from an NCL cruise and immediately took advantage of the new "for anyone" promotion called freestyle choice. An amazing promotion where you get UDP, UBP and $300 OBC in haven. All good. I also attempted to use the feb latitudes insider promo to get the extra points (for haven) but have been told that latitude promo isn't combinable with choice promo. Now, I'm not being greedy BUT in neither of the promos terms and conditions does it state that latitudes promo isn't available with choice promo, and mostly they're disregarding the loyalty guests over anyone, whether new or loyalty with the choice promo. Also when I emailed latitudes to discuss, they're so busy they say they won't reply for 8-10'WEEKS. Not sure what they're busy doing since no one is allowed to use the promo!

I say that because no one would choose the feb offer while the choice offer is still running- would they?

For me this falls into the "Cry me a River" category. You still get your perks when on Board the ship, you still get a great deal, and you still get to go on vacation. What more do you want? If the extra latitude point is important to you then book the latitudes offer. If not then take the great deal they are offering. SMH...some people will complain about anything....

6&8

I also found this out when booking my cruise at the beginning of this promo through the uk office and couldn't combine the jan latitudes promo, it was not the points I was bothered about but the obc that I missed out on, only $50 for a balcony but every little helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For me this falls into the "Cry me a River" category. You still get your perks when on Board the ship, you still get a great deal, and you still get to go on vacation. What more do you want? If the extra latitude point is important to you then book the latitudes offer. If not then take the great deal they are offering. SMH...some people will complain about anything....

6&8

This isn't cry me a river. It's feedback about the February latitudes insider offer not being available to latitudes members to take advantage of when booking a new cruise.

If you read my post you would see that I clearly understand and appreciate the fabulous freestyle choice promo. That's not the point.

An effective loyalty program should respect brand loyalty.

This isn't cry me a river. It's feedback about the February latitudes insider offer not being available to latitudes members to take advantage of when booking a new cruise.

If you read my post you would see that I clearly understand and appreciate the fabulous freestyle choice promo. That's not the point.

I would disagree, many 'Loyalty' offers outline that they cannot be combined with any 'other' offer. Whether it be NCL or Cell providers, tour operators or airlines, most offers are not eligible to be combined.

They are. If you want to book a rate that comes with the perks that you are eligble based on your loyalty, you are free to do so. If you prefer getting the offer that is offered to the masses, that is your choice.

In all promo T&C NCL says something like this (this is from the current promo):

"Offer combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line discretion. Other restrictions may apply."

And as said, it is not uncommon that you can't stack offers - just now the general offer happens to be better than the loyalty one but still doesn't prevent you from choosing the better one.

It's feedback about the February latitudes insider offer not being available to latitudes members to take advantage of when booking a new cruise.
Why do you say it isn't available? I am sure you can book that offer if you want, you just can't have that offer and the Freestyle Choice Plus promo at the same time. Can this really be the first time in 150 days of cruising NCL that you have come across offers that are not combinable?

It's feedback about the February latitudes insider offer not being available to latitudes members to take advantage of when booking a new cruise.

Ah, but it is. You can choose to take advantage of the February latitudes insider offer if you choose NOT to take advantage of their current offer of freestyle choice.

And I believe it does. They're just giving you a CHOICE of their loyalty program or another promo they are offering.

Say your favorite restaurant sends you a loyalty coupon for dining with them so often of a prime rib dinner with 2 sides for $29.99. You show up and realize they have a special that evening for an app, prime rib dinner with 2 sides and a choice of dessert for $24.99. You have the choice to use their loyalty coupon or forgo that and take their current special.

Oh, and what does "Naval" have to do with this thread, I'm a bit confused about that.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari