CAPE LIBERTY 411 (and NYC too) Version 4!!

megr1125

The question being answered was how far Glimcher Realty Way is from Cape Liberty. The Doubletree is a bit closer, but not significantly closer. It looks like you are coming down from upstate NY and parking at the pier. Did you look at the Secaucus Hotels? Much nicer area with access to shopping and restaurants and hotels don't charge for parking like many of the airport hotels like the Doubletree do.

Sailing on Anthem May 2016, flying into Newark 5/13. Three of us are looking for a hotel very close to the Outlet Mall so we can shop that afternoon. Would be nice if they had a shuttle pickup at EWR. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sailing on Anthem May 2016, flying into Newark 5/13. Three of us are looking for a hotel very close to the Outlet Mall so we can shop that afternoon. Would be nice if they had a shuttle pickup at EWR. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you asking about Jersey Gardens Mall (http://m.simon.com/default.aspx?id=1374) or the outlets in Secaucus? For Jersey Gardens Mall you want to stay on Glimcher Realty Way at Country Inns, Elizabeth Courtyard, Embassy Suites, or Residence Inn. All these hotels have an airport shuttle. Secaucus is another story and requires a taxi or car service. http://www.secaucus.org/shopping.html

Are you asking about Jersey Gardens Mall (http://m.simon.com/default.aspx?id=1374) or the outlets in Secaucus? For Jersey Gardens Mall you want to stay on Glimcher Realty Way at Country Inns, Elizabeth Courtyard, Embassy Suites, or Residence Inn. All these hotels have an airport shuttle. Secaucus is another story and requires a taxi or car service. http://www.secaucus.org/shopping.html

I remember the Glimcher Realty name from someone else's post somewhere in CC so Jersey Gardens must be the one. Good that they all have shuttles. Thanks.

Hi! Sorry if this has been asked. I don't live far from the port (40 Minute drive), I could pay someone to drop myself and my 13 year old daughter off for about $25 more roundtrip than parking there. Is it a long walk from the parking lot? Or should I just pay a little more and get dropped off and picked up? Thank you!!

Hi! Sorry if this has been asked. I don't live far from the port (40 Minute drive), I could pay someone to drop myself and my 13 year old daughter off for about $25 more roundtrip than parking there. Is it a long walk from the parking lot? Or should I just pay a little more and get dropped off and picked up? Thank you!!

$25 is not much difference in price, so I would say that it comes down to personal preference. When exactly would you be sailing? The new garage may be open soon. It is not a long walk from the current parking lot and the garage is very close as well.

Edited by 138east

Hopefully someone from CC will post when they drive to Cape Liberty for a cruise and the parking is open.

The feeling is that they should have it open before it snows this year.

Cape Liberty also has an official website. Hopefully the information would be posted there also.

Hopefully someone from CC will post when they drive to Cape Liberty for a cruise and the parking is open.

The feeling is that they should have it open before it snows this year.

We're heading there at the beginning of next month. We'll post a status update.

Oh good. Last time we parked at the pier for a 12-day cruise there were bad storms while we were away and even though the car was closed up tight we still had considerable moisture inside the car when we returned. :(

Sure am looking forward to the garage. :)

We arrive 10:30 pm at EWR. We cruise out of Bayonne the next morning. We have no car. The first few hotels at EWR I tried have no shuttle back and forth to the airport. (My thought was to get the Princess transfers and just go back to the airport in the morning. Super Shuttle does not go to the Bayonne Port.)

I have read many posts about cars, but nothing about if you don't have a car.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Nancy

We arrive 10:30 pm at EWR. We cruise out of Bayonne the next morning. We have no car. The first few hotels at EWR I tried have no shuttle back and forth to the airport. (My thought was to get the Princess transfers and just go back to the airport in the morning. Super Shuttle does not go to the Bayonne Port.)

I have read many posts about cars, but nothing about if you don't have a car.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Nancy

What is your exact date? How many people? Hotel budget? What hotels did you look at? All the "airport" hotels have shuttles. Otherwise they would not be in business. Very few hotels have a Cruiseport shuttle. At EWR you have to take the Airtrain to get to the P4 station, which is where all the hotel shuttles pick up.

Are you on the "rogue" Princess cruise that is docking at Cape Liberty? That would mean you are not returning to Cape Liberty. Car service is a popular way to get to the port - about $65 one way. That would be competitive with Princess transfers and a whole lot easier.

Thanks Carol. I did mess up the info. It is Celebrity Summit Oct 18 repositioning to San Juan. We arrive late on the 17th. (The Princess cruise it out of Houston in March, but I booked both this week and got confused.)

Two people. We are Choice Hotels members and I looked at Comfort Suites 1348 McCater Hwy Newark, and its web site said no shuttle.

Since we are getting in so late, clean and inexpensive is the budget.

I have used Airtrain in the past to go into the city, so I get that.

Can you recommend a car service?

Thanks so much!

Nancy

If you want to prepay, you can get a queen room at the Robert Treat in downtown Newark for $104 (about $120 with tax). Hotel shuttle and continental breakfast. Maize restaurant is open until midnight.

There's not much out there for your date that is inexpensive at the airport that I would recommend.

If you book the Robert Treat, be sure to call them midday eastern time and have them block you out a nice room for late arrival.

Thanks Carol. I had printed off the EWR "close hotels" list, and the Best Western 101 International Way was $126 plus tax, so your recommendation is appreciated. I also looked at the Airtrain info and see the hotel pick-up stop P4, so I think we are good.

Much appreciated.

Nancy

Get off at Newark Penn and cab it...prob 50 bucks...eek. But getting back, see the dispatcher...they will get you a shared vehicle for 16 or 17 bucks PP

Sent from my Galaxy S5

We are on the Summit repo next Spring and using a parking garage in Newark. Is there a dispatcher at Cape Liberty that will secure a vehicle to take us back to the Newark parking garage? There will be a group and I wondered if they would have larger shuttles to accommodate 10 or 12 people.

We are on the Summit repo next Spring and using a parking garage in Newark. Is there a dispatcher at Cape Liberty that will secure a vehicle to take us back to the Newark parking garage? There will be a group and I wondered if they would have larger shuttles to accommodate 10 or 12 people.

Give these folks a call to see what they can do for you. It's way too soon to make a reservation (they only book 4-6 weeks ahead), but perhaps they can tell you if they can accommodate you and what it would cost.

Independent driver - 888-816-0973

The disembarkation on a repo will be different from other cruises because no one will have a car parked at Cape Liberty. The demand on the taxi dispatcher will be higher than normal.

Edited by 138east

I use a mobility scooter. Does any one know of a taxi/car service that is accessible (has a lift.) I need transportation from the airport to the embassy suites on Oct 31 and then from the embassy suites to bayonne the next day.

I asked the hotel for any suggestions and they were not able to help me.

I appreciate any help/suggestions .

thank you so much