What about an Australian Princess thread?

It's probably better here than on the main Princess board where it would get lost in the general US-centric Princess chatter.

I agree, but are you talking Princess Australia or Princess International or both. The 2 companies while similar do offer a different product and the ships are quite different.:D

I agree, but are you talking Princess Australia or Princess International or both. The 2 companies while similar do offer a different product and the ships are quite different.:D

I was thinking both. Mic. There are lots of regular Princess cruisers here (both o'seas and Aust) to help with queries/concerns/issues.

Buying OBC's on Princess cruises, for example, could be posted within such a thread.

I was thinking both. Mic. There are lots of regular Princess cruisers here (both o'seas and Aust) to help with queries/concerns/issues.

Buying OBC's on Princess cruises, for example, could be posted within such a thread.

Probably both would be best, otherwise confusion may set in.:D

Big thumbs up from me, a newbie member (and cruiser). At the moment I'm flipping between this board and the Princess one. I'd life to be able to read (and eventually share!) information about the Australian based Princess ships.

Welcome to Cruise critic.:D

We will be cruising the Panama Canal on Coral Princess in April. I lurk on the main Princess board but would be happy to join in on an Oz-Princess thread. I sometimes get a bit of a beleaguered feeling out there when others start talking about Australians ( and their apparent shortcomings a tippers).

We will be cruising the Panama Canal on Coral Princess in April. I lurk on the main Princess board but would be happy to join in on an Oz-Princess thread. I sometimes get a bit of a beleaguered feeling out there when others start talking about Australians ( and their apparent shortcomings a tippers).

The panama canal is a wonderful cruise experience, you will love it. I tend to ignore those posts and concentrate on the positive and informative ones.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Would be happy be a part of a Princess thread.

I think including both Oz and overseas Princess info would be great as that is usually where the confusion lies. Having done cruises on both, there is a world of difference. I have just experienced even more differences cruising on the Sapphire from Asia.

Sarah's El cheapo thread is going great, so maybe you are onto something Anna:)

I too look at the main Princess board, but only some threads I read, most relates to Princess cruises leaving from US ports, tranfers, accommodation, insurance and lots of stuff that doesn't concern me.......and we won't even mention the tipping threads;)

Chez

xx

I'd vote for it to be here, Princess is so far my favourite brand, but I haven't been on them for a while so maybe Celebrity will overtake them, they are neck and neck so far, with HAL just behind and looking forward to [hopefully] trying Cunard next year.

Hi Anna

Great idea. An Oz Princess site would sort the chaff from the wheat when wading thru all the USA and EUROPEAN princess stuff when we only want Oz, Asia and Pacific Princess cruises

By the way, we are on the Diamond again in Sept Singapore to Sydney. I think this is its repositioning cruise back from Japan but we are embarking in Singapore

John

Didn't you know all Aussies are tightwads when it comes to tipping:rolleyes:.

The Panama Canal is one of the ones on my bucket list, but it really looks like it will have to wait till the World Cruise.:mad:

Didn't you know all Aussies are tightwads when it comes to tipping:rolleyes:.

The Panama Canal is one of the ones on my bucket list, but it really looks like it will have to wait till the World Cruise.:mad:

Yes, the Poms and Aussies have quite the reputation for holding back tips.:( It is due to the principal of the matter apperently.:rolleyes:

Yes, the Poms and Aussies have quite the reputation for holding back tips.:( It is due to the principal of the matter apperently.:rolleyes:

I freely admit I don't like the system, but that's how it is so I tip, and almost always tip extra.

being an ex Pom and now an Aussie I can't get my head round compulsory

tipping pleeese Mic and Gut no Pommie

jokes

being an ex Pom and now an Aussie I can't get my head round compulsory

tipping pleeese Mic and Gut no Pommie

jokes

To me compulsory tipping is an OxyMoron.

And I thought being a POM was a joke so I can't make any.