Are ice buckets no longer standard in cabins?

Boiler Fan

I have been browsing this forum the last few days looking for tips for our upcoming cruise on the Reflection. I always do that before cruising and have found many helpful posts which I really appreciate. I am finding that many of the things that we took for granted on our cruise last February are now gone - chocolates on the pillow and fresh oj for example. It also seems that you no longer get an ice bucket in your cabin - is this right? On past cruises, our ice bucket was filled twice a day. Now we don't even get one? How disappointing Celebrity! Hope someone can tell me that this isn't true. (Does is make a difference if you are in Concierge?) Thanks!

all you need to do is ask. I have always found our cabin steward to go out of their way on day one to stop by, introduce themselves and take notes as to how you want things done.

never bought the fresh OJ and don't need the added calories of a piece of chocolate very night, so those cutbacks don't bother me.

Your cabin steward will introduce him/herself to you on embarkation day. Usually they ask you if you will want ice. If they don't, ask them at that time.

Since you are doing so much reading of the forum, you will find soon that pillow chocolates are making a return in April.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by vulcan1971

Just ask and you will get it.

I didn't have an ice bucket nor did I need one, but I did ask for a pitcher of iced water daily and that was no problem, it was even filled up more than once on some days.

BTW, someone reported this week that they had an ice bucket in their cabin, but don't know if they asked for it or not.