Which RS to book on infinity?

puppyluv1

Planning a special cruise to celebrate a big birthday for DH in 2016. As of now all of the Royal Suites are available (would be our first RS). Can anyone provide any comments or recommendations on cabin choice? Is there any meaningful difference in the cabin locations? Any input is very much appreciated!

See my response on your other thread. That applies because Infinity is an M class ship.

In addition, Infinity has recently reorganized the smoking areas, one of which is on deck 4 on the port side. They are now permitting cigar smoking there. For that reason, I'd recommend booking one of the royal suites on the starboard side. We had 6142 and enjoyed it, but any Royal Suite on that side in suiteland should be fine.

See my response on your other thread. That applies because Infinity is an M class ship.

In addition, Infinity has recently reorganized the smoking areas, one of which is on deck 4 on the port side. They are now permitting cigar smoking there. For that reason, I'd recommend booking one of the royal suites on the starboard side. We had 6142 and enjoyed it, but any Royal Suite on that side in suiteland should be fine.

I thought you said it was moved on Constellation (of course I could be remembering wrong). We've found smoking areas set-up differently on different ships based on the demographics. On millennium, in Nov/Dec there was smoking on almost the entire side by the pool, not just the aft section because I think there were more smokers onboard. They also move the deck 4 area more midship.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I thought you said it was moved on Constellation (of course I could be remembering wrong). We've found smoking areas set-up differently on different ships based on the demographics. On millennium, in Nov/Dec there was smoking on almost the entire side by the pool, not just the aft section because I think there were more smokers onboard. They also move the deck 4 area more midship.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Nope, your memory is working just fine. :) I did report from personal experience on the Connie. But there had been previous reports from people on the Infinity that they had moved the smoking areas from the back deck, so I assumed they had done it the same way as on the Connie. My bad. Maybe the Infinity has been done differently. Won't be on board her until May.

Anyway, they have always permitted cigarette smoking in that area on M class ships. What concerned me was the addition of cigar smoking.

Linda

I have booked suites. The added space is nice. However, the extra cost is often excessive. When I want to celebrate, I go upscale. While mass market is good, for a celebration I prefer a smaller ship. We just celebrated a big anniversary on Azamara.

Mom and I were on the Infinity over Thanksgiving and we had RS 6137, which turned out to be perfect For us. Close to the elevator. The buffet was at that end and Blu was one deck down. We ate most of our meals in Blu,with the exception of 2 specialty dinings and

formal nights in the MDR.

At the risk of sounding obsessive and overthinking this, a few people have mentioned that having a RS that is serviced by the head butler (who also services PH suites) is considered a plus. Looking at the configuration on the M class ships, the two PH cabins are side by side at the back of deck 6 with the RSs near them on both the port and starboard sides. Does anyone know which RSs are serviced by the head butler?

Way over thinking this not to mention nothing you can do about it. The head butler jay switch sides. The head butler may leave the ship and the next most senior butler who was servicing the other side becomes the head butler. On our last sailing both butlers were excellent (our friends has the other one). The head butler was actually covering additional cabins for a new butler which made him busier. Don't worry about it in an RS.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We happened to have the head butler in our royal suite who was wonderful, but it's not something you can predict. As stated above, both butlers in that area are likely to be wonderful. Was in the penthouse on my last sailing and we did not have the head butler but had a wonderful butler nevertheless.

How does your comment have anything to do with the OP's question?

I have booked suites. The added space is nice. However, the extra cost is often excessive. When I want to celebrate, I go upscale. While mass market is good, for a celebration I prefer a smaller ship. We just celebrated a big anniversary on Azamara.
Edited by LabGuy64

I posted this in your other thread since you have 2 going...book the RS closest to the PH and you will have the PH butler...it's very simple...

True but every M-class RS share a butler with one of the PHs. The usual arrangement [which is not set in stone] is that the head butler services one PH and another senior butler the other. The RS on the port side share the port side PH butler and similar for the other side.

There are always exceptions. When we swapped PH for the second leg of a B2B, the head butler switched with us for the second cruise but continued servicing his usual RSs. This was not without its snags. Both our butler and we kept walking into walls and, on one unfortunate occasion, the other PH received our early morning cuppa! Luckily, the people in the other PH [all six of them!] were heavy sleepers and our butler managed to back out of the butler's pantry without disturbing anyone.

Edited by Project_gal

True but every M-class RS share a butler with one of the PHs. The usual arrangement [which is not set in stone] is that the head butler services one PH and another senior butler the other. The RS on the port side share the port side PH butler and similar for the other side.

There are always exceptions. When we swapped PH for the second leg of a B2B, the head butler switched with us for the second cruise but continued servicing his usual RSs. This was not without its snags. Both our butler and we kept walking into walls and, on one unfortunate occasion, the other PH received our early morning cuppa! Luckily, the people in the other PH [all six of them!] were heavy sleepers and our butler managed to back out of the butler's pantry without disturbing anyone.

Perfect, so whatever RS the OP books they will have the desired PH butler...in my experience, people put too much anxiety into which butler they will have...I would say the majority are great and the realty is they are less Downton Abbey and more just there to help your experience be pleasant...

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and advice...truly appreciated. I swear I am generally very easy going about things although you might not know it from this thread! Just want to make it special for DH....I'm ready to book my cruise today.

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and advice...truly appreciated. I swear I am generally very easy going about things although you might not know it from this thread! Just want to make it special for DH....I'm ready to book my cruise today.

It will be super special but I think many other things will top the list besides which butler you have!! Please come back after even if it's a year out and let us know what you thought...there is a lot of hype around the "butler" and many people come back wondering what the big deal was...(not all of course and someone will point that out after I post this, so let me save you the trouble)

...I would say the majority are great and the realty is they are less Downton Abbey and more just there to help your experience be pleasant...
Oh, this is so disappointing. :mad:

We really wanted to have Carson as our butler.