High 60s in Nassau - should we get off?

yonich

We will be in Nassau next Monday. Early weather reports show the high temperature will be 67 degrees, not exactly tropical. We were planning to go to Cable Beach but I'm not sure if it's worth it if we can't swim (bringing along our kids ages 2.5 and 6). Should we: just stay aboard? go to the beach anyway and walk in the sand? What about the pirate museum? I don't really have a desire to walk around and shop. I know it's February, but as we have over 4 ridiculous feet of snow on the ground here in Massachusetts, I was really hoping for some hot weather next week! Thanks for any advice!

You could go to Ardastra Gardens and feed the lorry parrots and see the flamingos. Then have lunch at the Fish Fry for some real Bahamian food before heading back to the ship. You could also go the aquarium at Atlantis. It's pretty even when it's not warm. I know it's not your idea of a tropical vacation but it can still be fun.

Unfortunately, we're heading into a long stretch of colder than normal weather here in Florida too.

70degrees is considered the ultimate temperature...neither too hot or too cold and the reason San Diego is thought to have the perfect climate. Where I'm from 50 degrees is the point where coats are taken off, shorts and flip flops abound, and people laze in the sun.

The sea temperature in Nassau would probably be the same as the air temperature. Just remember if it is 68 degrees and cloudy that is when you can get your very best sunburns...and I speak from experience.

We were on a cruise last January out of NYC during the Polar Vortex. The day we were in Nassau it was about 65-68 - we took a taxi to the Sheraton and purchased a day pass. We used the pools, the hot tub and we even went in the ocean. The water was beautiful. It was chilly when we got out - but we just covered up with towels! We're from New England so we weren't going to miss the opportunity to go in the ocean in January. The day pass was very reasonable at the Sheraton (Melia Hotel) and included a lot of activities. We have gone to New Hampshire beaches almost every year on Memorial Day weekend and MANY years the temperature is about the same and the water temp is much lower. I bet your children would love to play in the water. Just bring a couple dry cover-ups.

You could go to Ardastra Gardens and feed the lorry parrots and see the flamingos. Then have lunch at the Fish Fry for some real Bahamian food before heading back to the ship. You could also go the aquarium at Atlantis. It's pretty even when it's not warm. I know it's not your idea of a tropical vacation but it can still be fun.

Unfortunately, we're heading into a long stretch of colder than normal weather here in Florida too.

The weather certainly won't be tropical, but remember it's February, perfect for the things you suggested. Here in Orlando, the prediction for Sunday is 51:eek: and60's on Monday, it will be a bit warmer in Nassau.

No matter how cool it is in Florida, my 2 daughters are directly in the path of Marcus and struggling right now. :(

I'm going to be in Nassau next Monday too! :) Fascination?? I've been tracking the weather as soon as it would show up on my "10 day forecast", and it's changed a few times, so I'm holding out hope that it'll warm back up.

My husband and I are planning on walking around Nassau since we're also going to Half Moon Cay and will do the beach there (crossing my fingers for awesome weather!)

We will be in Nassau next Monday. Early weather reports show the high temperature will be 67 degrees, not exactly tropical. We were planning to go to Cable Beach but I'm not sure if it's worth it if we can't swim (bringing along our kids ages 2.5 and 6). Should we: just stay aboard? go to the beach anyway and walk in the sand? What about the pirate museum? I don't really have a desire to walk around and shop. I know it's February, but as we have over 4 ridiculous feet of snow on the ground here in Massachusetts, I was really hoping for some hot weather next week! Thanks for any advice!

We live in southern NH so we have boatloads of snow too.

Think about it this way: when our temps warm up to 67 degrees in May, isn't it wonderful?

If the sun is shining in Nassau, it will be much better than what we've experienced lately. It might not feel tropical, but it should feel very nice.

We were on a cruise last January out of NYC during the Polar Vortex. The day we were in Nassau it was about 65-68 - we took a taxi to the Sheraton and purchased a day pass. We used the pools, the hot tub and we even went in the ocean. The water was beautiful. It was chilly when we got out - but we just covered up with towels! We're from New England so we weren't going to miss the opportunity to go in the ocean in January. The day pass was very reasonable at the Sheraton (Melia Hotel) and included a lot of activities. We have gone to New Hampshire beaches almost every year on Memorial Day weekend and MANY years the temperature is about the same and the water temp is much lower. I bet your children would love to play in the water. Just bring a couple dry cover-ups.

You are much braver than we are. We'll drive out to Hampton Beach in the summer and sit on the sand, walk along the water's edge, maybe even stick our toes in the water. But no way will we go in the water Memorial Day weekend. :eek: