Chops best steak??

Tark

Sue,

It's not good PR if a guest believes him, then spends their hard earned money to find out the "best on the planet" statement was a gross exageration, that in the long run, will not enhance long term brand loyalty.

I think back in the day when Chops was $20/pp it was a pretty phenomenal deal for the food and experience. It was almost a no brainer. In my opinion the experience and price used to be better. These days the price has doubled and the experience while unfair to say half as good, is certainly not the same level as it used to be. For us, the decision to add $80 for dinner is more difficult. We like the food in the MDR. Sure, Chops is better, but is it $80 better?

It's still good and better than the MDR, but it seems expensive to me.

It's ironic how some threads you read here are people complaining about the tips being a couple bucks more than before, but they may have no problems spending $40 extra for a dinner (not counting that the already paid for another dinner in the MDR). It's probably perspective... or maybe different people. I get confused.

Tom

I think back in the day when Chops was $20/pp it was a pretty phenomenal deal for the food and experience.

That wasnt too long ago either was it? I know in 2011 when I went to Chops on Radiance, it was 25.00 pp. We thought it was a great experience and well worth it. I still talk about that meal today! I seem to remember it had just been raised from 20.00 pp to 25.00 pp shortly before we went? Seems like there were many great reviews back then as well. Now, not so much. In fact many people defer to the much less expensive Italian place for their steak fix now and claim it to be much better. That means the price at Chops has just about doubled in 4 years or so and the quality and service is very hit or miss.

Edited by ryano

Food is subjective and there's always goin to be a hit or a miss. We don't eat out very often at home, and don't go to expensive steak houses. However Chops grill to us is always incredible. The filet is really good. I couldn't imagine a steak any better, especially at the price you pay. One time my wife made a mistake by getting a butterfly cut and they ruined it. Stuff happens, but they comped BOTH of our meals.

The thing that HAS gone down was the 2 signature desserts they have been trying to make onboard. The red velvet cake is CLOSE to what they had before but the Mud Pie just needs to go away.

I also liked it when they offered the 3 sauces for the steak and put it on at your table. Now they just being the steak smothered in their one sauce. It's not bad, but my preference is very little of the stuff, so ask before they bring it.

I've never had a bad steak in Chops. I've certainly had better but, they have always been good. We also enjoy the atmosphere vs. the noisy & crowded MDR. :roll eyes:

I have always enjoyed the filet in Portofino and Giovanni's too.

As far as the increased prices, have any of you not noticed the huge increase in beef prices over the last 2-3 years? :eek::eek::cool:

Grow up. You don't know me and how much time I have or don't have. I wonder if you are an apologist for RCI. In my opinion Chops quality has gone down hill the past few years and his exaggeration does not change that.

I'm entitled to my opinion. And, in my opinion, I'm intelligent and experienced enough to know that one can advocate for their product while not making flat out misleading statements. His best on the planet statement is so obviously grossly exaggerated that it very much hurts his credibility, again in my opinion.

If you kike Chops so much, then go have some tater tots and pay $39.00 for the experience.

I know enough about you from the tone of your posts to make the comment I made and I stand firm to it. The CEO may be over the top but so are you. If you're so "grown up" move on to Azamara and save us the attitude and insult while you chew their high quality steak, spit it out and complain about it so I sip to the lack of negativity on my vacation. Cheers!

That wasnt too long ago either was it? I know in 2011 when I went to Chops on Radiance, it was 25.00 pp. We thought it was a great experience and well worth it. I still talk about that meal today! I seem to remember it had just been raised from 20.00 pp to 25.00 pp shortly before we went? Seems like there were many great reviews back then as well. Now, not so much. In fact many people defer to the much less expensive Italian place for their steak fix now and claim it to be much better. That means the price at Chops has just about doubled in 4 years or so and the quality and service is very hit or miss.

It was $25 on our Serenade cruise in 2010 also!

I know enough about you from the tone of your posts to make the comment I made and I stand firm to it. The CEO may be over the top but so are you. If you're so "grown up" move on to Azamara and save us the attitude and insult while you chew their high quality steak, spit it out and complain about it so I sip to the lack of negativity on my vacation. Cheers!

You don't know me at all and I don't believe you can tell anything about me from the "tone" of my posts, none of which were anything out of line including the one I sent to you. When referring to me you have no clue what you are talking about.

Just to inform you I have cruised RCI exclusively since 1988 and I am very happy with their overall product. I just don't care for Chops anymore. The new CEO obviously over exaggerates the Chops product. After being so loyal to RCI for so long I think I'm entitled to express my opinion, and that RCI is happy to hear it.

Enough said.