Chops best steak??

Tark

I had to laugh as I have been reading the boards a lot lately.

One thing that has been coming up is the poor quality of steak in Chops.

I just saw on the live feed with new President of RCC Michael say, that he is a die hard Chops Fan. Then he said. Best steak on the planet.

Will have to try chops now for sure hehe.

Edited by Tark

I had to laugh as I have been reading the boards a lot lately.

One thing that has been coming up is the poor quality of steak in Chops.

I just saw on the live feed with new President of RCC Michael say, that he is a die hard Chops Fan. Then he said. Best steak on the planet.

Will have to try chops now for sure hehe.

It might have been for him. No so much for Us.

I think their steaks are OK. Not the best on the planet and definitely not worth the increasing charges. I stopped going once it hit over 30.00 and the quality of beef and sides seemed to go down.

I would think if they knew their CEO was dining in Chops for the night, they have the best piece of meat they could find/order on hand for him.

I think their steaks are OK. Not the best on the planet and definitely not worth the increasing charges. I stopped going once it hit over 30.00 and the quality of beef and sides seemed to go down.

I would think if they knew their CEO was dining in Chops for the night, they have the best piece of meat they could find/order on hand for him.

Totally agree. Easy to get a great steak at home and the Chops steak is just OK. We no longer go to Chops, choosing other specialty restaurants instead.

It might have been for him. No so much for Us.

Who is this guy kidding? If the steak is the best on the planet, then why do they charge $20.00 over and above the $39.00 cover charge for "a really good steak". Unless of course he was referring to the up charge over the cover as the best steak on the planet.

I am not getting a good feeling about the new CEO's sincerity.

I am not getting a good feeling about the new CEO's sincerity.

You cant really expect him to say "the steak is just ok. You would probably do as well or better at Longhorn or Outback for less money" no matter how true that may be. LOL :D

Im sure he thinks Royal Caribbean is the BEST cruise line at sea too. :)

You cant really expect him to say "the steak is just ok. You would probably do as well or better at Longhorn or Outback for less money" no matter how true that may be. LOL :D

Im sure he thinks Royal Caribbean is the BEST cruise line at sea too. :)

I understand your point, but to make an outrageous claim that Chops steak is the best on the planet is such an obvious gross exaggeration it is an insult to his customer's intelligence. That would be an outrageous claim even before they changed the menu.

I understand your point, but to make an outrageous claim that Chops steak is the best on the planet is such an obvious gross exaggeration it is an insult to his customer's intelligence. That would be an outrageous claim even before they changed the menu.

Will let you know when I finally get to try it lol.

As someone who lives in the UK, the Chops steaks are actually pretty decent for the price. They probably rank in my top 5 and I have consistently have an enjoyable experience with them (I have eaten there three times on two different ships). Of course, at the time it was $30/person and that included the extra large steak (if you wanted it), although normally I went with a filet mignon or petite filet mignon.

Because of the difference in exchange rates, for my husband and I, Chops is actually a pretty good deal for someone who really loves steaks. But I totally appreciate that, if I lived in the US (which I did for the first 22 years of my life!) then I would definitely have to think carefully before dropping that kind of cash on a steak dinner.

Out of curiosity -- how does the Giovanni's steak compare to Chops? As once can go to Giovanni's for much less money, and still order a steak!

Out of curiosity -- how does the Giovanni's steak compare to Chops? As once can go to Giovanni's for much less money, and still order a steak!

There are MANY people that report the filet at Giovannis is much better than the one served at Chops :) The same use to be reported about Portofino too. Chops pricing has gotten above what I will pay. I will be going to Giovannis on Freedom in April.

Certainly not the "best steak on the planet," but I like Chops. I always get the Filet and it's always done to my liking. I find it flavorful and tender. But you have to look at the big picture. A 10 oz Filet at any steakhouse is going to run $$35 on up. I know, "not as good as Ruths Chris." But, it isn't really bad. Anyway, if you had a 10 oz Filet, potato, 2 apps, salad, soup, 3 or 4 sides, and desert at any restaurant on land, your bill would be way higher than $39 (or whatever they're charging now).

So, is it a "good deal?" Guess that depends on if you like it or not.

The man is advocating for his product... what do you expect??? :confused:

Neglect for our intelligence... some people have too much time on their hands!

Grow up. You don't know me and how much time I have or don't have. I wonder if you are an apologist for RCI. In my opinion Chops quality has gone down hill the past few years and his exaggeration does not change that.

I'm entitled to my opinion. And, in my opinion, I'm intelligent and experienced enough to know that one can advocate for their product while not making flat out misleading statements. His best on the planet statement is so obviously grossly exaggerated that it very much hurts his credibility, again in my opinion.

If you kike Chops so much, then go have some tater tots and pay $39.00 for the experience.

Why does everyone try to compare Chops with Ruth Chris or some other 5 star steak house???? As with the MDR, folks really have a very high expectation of the food at venus on the ship and get seriously let down if it does not meet their standards! Myself and this is just myself,,,,Steak is not that serious and a must have for me to go to Ruth Chris or the like and spend that kind of money on a steak dinner. I'm just as happy at Longhorn or Texas Roadhouse. Do I like steak...yes! Do I like Chops and the filet served there....yes! Do I like my steaks I cook at home....yes! I am so glad I am not a hard to please person and not always looking for the highest quality beef or the highest quality lobster, etc when I am on a cruise! I just look to leave with my stomach full and happy!

Is everthing on the shipp good and I would want to eat it....No! But like my father use to say about some food at some places...."It wasn't the best...but it killed hunger so I'm satisfied"! :cool:

I agree.

My disappoint with Chops is we have been sailing on RCI for over 26 years and have gone to Chops since its inception. It was an excellent experience and a very good evening.

In recent years, the price has gone way up, but the quality has significantly gone down. Also, RCI has greatly reduced menu options including steaks and added the "something special" items for and increase of about $20.00 over the $39.00 base cover. So, what RCI is doing by reducing quality and reducing menu items is trying to induce their customers into paying a lot more for good quaility steaks.

We used to go to Chops at least 2 times a cruise------no more.

Why does everyone try to compare Chops with Ruth Chris or some other 5 star steak house???? As with the MDR, folks really have a very high expectation of the food at venus on the ship and get seriously let down if it does not meet their standards! Myself and this is just myself,,,,Steak is not that serious and a must have for me to go to Ruth Chris or the like and spend that kind of money on a steak dinner. I'm just as happy at Longhorn or Texas Roadhouse. Do I like steak...yes! Do I like Chops and the filet served there....yes! Do I like my steaks I cook at home....yes! I am so glad I am not a hard to please person and not always looking for the highest quality beef or the highest quality lobster, etc when I am on a cruise! I just look to leave with my stomach full and happy!

Is everthing on the shipp good and I would want to eat it....No! But like my father use to say about some food at some places...."It wasn't the best...but it killed hunger so I'm satisfied"! :cool:

Because, with the added $20.00 upcharge over the base $39.00 cover they are charging you Ruth Chris, etc. prices for quaility that does not match those restaurants. Plus, the prices I mentioned are on top of the main dinning room food costs already included, and paid for, in the base cruis cost.

Because, with the added $20.00 upcharge over the base $39.00 cover they are charging you Ruth Chris, etc. prices for quaility that does not match those restaurants. Plus, the prices I mentioned are on top of the main dinning room food costs already included, and paid for, in the base cruis cost.

Also, I have read here countless times "Chops is as good or better than Ruths Chris". :eek:

I havent been to Chops in 4 years and while my bone in ribeye (no longer offered :() was good, it was nowhere near as good as a aged Prime steak from a Ruths Chris or Capital Grille etc. It was as good as a Outback or Longhorn steak at best. Since then, quality has dropped from what I have read. There are way too many complaints for me not to take that seriously.

Take 39.00, add 18 - 20 for a "better" steak and include the 15.00 or so for the MDR meal you already paid for and yes, it IS getting close to Ruths Chris pricing. The only thing similar is the atmosphere.

We will reserve Giovannis Table in April. No Chops here.